Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-20-2008, 04:04 PM   #11
eco-baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Mommy of the year and the award goes to....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouchienurse View Post
Here is a nomination for my mom. I was 4 and got run over by a tractor, tottally my fault and I had a huge hematoma on my head and 2 black eyes for my efforts. So, a few days later we were eating in a restraunt and I decided to act up, she decided to take me to the restroom for a talking to...I start screaming, while she is dragging me to the restroom, and I quote "Don't beat me mama" over and over. She still gets mad when she tells that story
My DD did something like that on a bus, PACKED bus I was holding her on my lap cuz the bus was moving and she started screaming "no mommy owie owie owie!!" I'm whispering in her ear that she has to sit ect and to stop her shananigans' and I look up and the whole bus (not used the nature of my kid) is STARING at me, like I'm hurting her - I pull my hands away like see look and she keeps screaming so everyone was like oh ok but I tell ya I was happy to get of that bus...

She was 3, she was a little terror when she was 3...just crazy, thank God she out grea that.

Advertisement

Last edited by eco-baby; 10-20-2008 at 04:05 PM.
eco-baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:33 PM   #12
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:

We lived on base right on the main strip for the lunch crowd and everybody walked .So one day dd was so mad at me I had sent her to her room and she was holding signs up against her window saying "help me please" and my personal favorite "they are beating me" all through the lunch crowd finally someone knocked on the door and told me.Dh is a cop and he said they got several calls about it, but we lived next to the station and they knew dd very well.She has calmed with age, but man those teenage years are going to be fun.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:00 PM   #13
MammaBx3!
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Here's my story-- when ds #1 was about 1.5, he (read: I) needed a "time out". I gently put him in his room, surrounded by toys, and shut the door and sat quietly on the couch while he did his "time out". After about three minutes, I decided "time out" was over and went to get him. Imagine my surprise when his door was locked!

So, my little 1.5 year old had locked me out, and of course I had no idea the door even locked and had no key, and I had to call a locksmith on a Sunday to get him out. Which took 45 MINUTES! Then, the locksmith muttered for about twenty minutes about how this lock was "the good kind- made for front doors and tamper-resistant" or some such thing, and I told him "I'm going to the garage for an axe. If you don't have this door open by the time I get back, I will get rid of it." So, he ended up taking his crowbar and prying it open. Talk about a lesson-- how many of us have that happen the first time we put a little one in time-out?
MammaBx3! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:09 PM   #14
booty hunter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaBx3! View Post
Here's my story-- when ds #1 was about 1.5, he (read: I) needed a "time out". I gently put him in his room, surrounded by toys, and shut the door and sat quietly on the couch while he did his "time out". After about three minutes, I decided "time out" was over and went to get him. Imagine my surprise when his door was locked!

So, my little 1.5 year old had locked me out, and of course I had no idea the door even locked and had no key, and I had to call a locksmith on a Sunday to get him out. Which took 45 MINUTES! Then, the locksmith muttered for about twenty minutes about how this lock was "the good kind- made for front doors and tamper-resistant" or some such thing, and I told him "I'm going to the garage for an axe. If you don't have this door open by the time I get back, I will get rid of it." So, he ended up taking his crowbar and prying it open. Talk about a lesson-- how many of us have that happen the first time we put a little one in time-out?
Wow that would be so scary.All our doors have really cheap door locks you can open them from the outside too.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:57 PM   #15
gogokim
Registered
seller

My Mood:

When my fisrt two were 7 and 4 we would deliver meals to homebound senior citizens. One place that we went had an old elevator. I made believe that the elevator was breaking and completely freaked out the oldest He was screaming and crying. I could not get that poor kid in a elevator for the next 4 years Bad mama
Old 10-20-2008, 07:04 PM   #16
ouchienurse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogokim View Post
When my fisrt two were 7 and 4 we would deliver meals to homebound senior citizens. One place that we went had an old elevator. I made believe that the elevator was breaking and completely freaked out the oldest He was screaming and crying. I could not get that poor kid in a elevator for the next 4 years Bad mama
That is so something I would do.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:24 PM   #17
earthmamastyle
Registered Users
Formerly: barbaramommyof2
seller

My Mood:

i wish i wasn't one handed typing... but i love my 2 mo to put him down right now!! mines too long to type one handed but this threads hilarious!!
earthmamastyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:29 PM   #18
ericak95
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, let me state that I deserve MOTY after this weekend.

Why you ask? Saturday noonish I sat the kids (5yrs & 2.5yrs) down at the table with some paper, a card, markers, and scissors. They were making a bday card for the neighbor girl. We were going to her party in the afternoon. I had a moment when I thought maybe they shouldn't both have kid scissors but that quickly passed. I went on to tell my oldest we would run to Supercuts for a hair cut as soon as mommy got dressed. Then the phone rang and I went down the hall to get it. It was my mom, and instead of going back down the hallway, I ended sitting in the computer chair. I had a quick 3 minute talk, and all the while the girls were talking and doing. Doing what you might ask? Playing hairdresser I hung up the phone as my 2.5yr old walked into the room and said something to the effect "What you think?" showing me the back of her head. Oh no you didn't -- as I go down the hall before even looking at her. I look at her, she (and her sister) had cut bangs (maybe 1in long) and about half of the right side She had such cute curly blond hair, with no bangs. I never expected to miss her 1st hair cut.

Fast forward to Sunday...... We were going to have a lovely family outing to the pumpkin patch. We get there and the girls are less than cooperative, but we press on. As we see the sites we decide to get our pumpkins. The farm has them all pulled up and around the barn for easy access. They are kinda piled on hay bales. ODD picked hers and was sitting on a bale next to it and YDD was standing on the bale looking for hers. I go to reach for her as she turns (telling her not to climb on the pumpkins) and she fell head first on concrete. We scooped her up and checked her out and asked for ice, paid for our pumpkins and headed home with a huge goose egg on her head. I called the advise nurse on the way home trying to decide if she should be seen. On her recommendation, we just went home and had a quiet evening of observation.

Erica
Old 10-20-2008, 07:37 PM   #19
booty hunter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericak95 View Post
Well, let me state that I deserve MOTY after this weekend.

Why you ask? Saturday noonish I sat the kids (5yrs & 2.5yrs) down at the table with some paper, a card, markers, and scissors. They were making a bday card for the neighbor girl. We were going to her party in the afternoon. I had a moment when I thought maybe they shouldn't both have kid scissors but that quickly passed. I went on to tell my oldest we would run to Supercuts for a hair cut as soon as mommy got dressed. Then the phone rang and I went down the hall to get it. It was my mom, and instead of going back down the hallway, I ended sitting in the computer chair. I had a quick 3 minute talk, and all the while the girls were talking and doing. Doing what you might ask? Playing hairdresser I hung up the phone as my 2.5yr old walked into the room and said something to the effect "What you think?" showing me the back of her head. Oh no you didn't -- as I go down the hall before even looking at her. I look at her, she (and her sister) had cut bangs (maybe 1in long) and about half of the right side She had such cute curly blond hair, with no bangs. I never expected to miss her 1st hair cut.

Fast forward to Sunday...... We were going to have a lovely family outing to the pumpkin patch. We get there and the girls are less than cooperative, but we press on. As we see the sites we decide to get our pumpkins. The farm has them all pulled up and around the barn for easy access. They are kinda piled on hay bales. ODD picked hers and was sitting on a bale next to it and YDD was standing on the bale looking for hers. I go to reach for her as she turns (telling her not to climb on the pumpkins) and she fell head first on concrete. We scooped her up and checked her out and asked for ice, paid for our pumpkins and headed home with a huge goose egg on her head. I called the advise nurse on the way home trying to decide if she should be seen. On her recommendation, we just went home and had a quiet evening of observation.

Erica
Old 10-20-2008, 07:56 PM   #20
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow, all around.

Now for my turn. For dd1, it was summer and I had left her carseat in my car and went to put her in it after checking the black plastic to make sure it was cool enough. So I put her in and she starts fussing and then screaming. I check everything I can think of and nothing is wrong, so I blew it off and asked her to be quiet (she was 9 months I think) and finally get to the last buckle to snap into the bottom part--and it was pressed against her leg. She had a huge buckle-shaped BURN there for about 6 weeks. Yeah, I always check the buckles on both of their seats now.

Then with dd2, super-scary one was when dh offered to keep dd1 at home while I ran to the store with dd2. Dd2 is super high needs, always screams in the car, or anytime she wasn't being held at that point (6 months? I have mommy brain, lol, and that pertains to this one...), would never take a pacifier, etc. So I toss a paci in with her just out of desperation, lol (maybe she'll take it this time--haha), and I start driving. She does not make a peep the entire drive. By the time I'm halfway there I've zoned out into automatic pilot, no sounds, empty car seat of dd1's in the rearview mirror, we get there, no sounds at all. Yeah. I forgot she was there. I went through about half the aisles, saw someone with a baby in their cart, thought how maybe dd2 would be big enough to sit in the cart now--dd2!!!!! Aaaaaaah! Left the cart in the aisle, Olympic-sprint RAN outside (probably scared half the shoppers), and she was STILL quiet, just sitting there, sucking on the paci for the first and last time ever. Holy crap. It was early evening and I had the window cracked but still. For the next several months if I went out with just dd2, I literally wrote with a dry-erase marker on the inside of the windshield that she was in the car with me.

Oh, and she is tiny but has a HUGE head (90th percentile) and figured out how to climb on the couch around 6 months while top-heavy. She's got to be in the running for the most head injuries ever. New definition of head banging.
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote