Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-13-2006, 10:23 PM   #1
punkmama3
Registered Users

Going Unassisted?

I'm planning for a UBAC (unassisted birth after ceserean) in July.
I was just wondering if there are any other mamas here that plan on having an unassisted birth?

*hugs*

Advertisement

Old DS feedback here: http://www.kikifoxito.com/ds/forum/i...p?topic=2838.0
punkmama3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 10:24 PM   #2
Tangy
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Re: Going Unassisted?

I had an unassisted pregnancy and birth. It was an amazing experience. My sister is having a UC in September and I am very excited to be there for it.
Tangy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 10:34 PM   #3
Luv2bemommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

I would love to have one but I'm scared cause I go so overdue!! There is a mama I know that had a UC, I her birth story was amazing..
Old 05-14-2006, 11:04 AM   #4
zonapellucida
Registered Users
seller

Location: Diligently working on getting out of the hellish state of FL
My Mood:

I am hoping to go uc this time. I called the midwife too soon last birth but am going to wait this time.
Old 05-14-2006, 11:08 AM   #5
scatterbrainedmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

yay!! i have not and never would (my babies come early and all have needed lots of oxygen), but as long as you are prepared for anything I think it is a wonderful plan!!
Old 05-15-2006, 11:50 AM   #6
punkmama3
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangy
I had an unassisted pregnancy and birth. It was an amazing experience. My sister is having a UC in September and I am very excited to be there for it.
That's awsome (both things you said, lol)!
I'm nervous/excited. The only people that wil lbe here is me (obviously), my hubby, my brother (cause he lives here), our kids, and my friend (who offered to help with the kids while I had the baby). No one else will be getting a phone call til after the baby is born. But I haven't decided if I just wanted to wait a week and then call, or call after and tell everyone not to call or come over for a week. *shrugs* We'll think of something, I'm sure...

Old 05-15-2006, 11:53 AM   #7
punkmama3
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2bemommy
I would love to have one but I'm scared cause I go so overdue!! There is a mama I know that had a UC, I her birth story was amazing..
Well, I wont' lie, I am nervous. I mean, my other 3 were born in a hospital (well, technically, my 3rd was a planned unassisted birth, but we needed to go to the hospital. Kinda long story). So, yeah, it's a bit scary, I mean your in charge of what's going on and you MUST have someone you trust, and won't annoy the hell out of you (LOL). We dont' have many people that will be here: hubby, friend, my kids, and my brother.
But, yes, I'm doubly nervous cause I'm going to have this baby in 2 mths (or so)!!!

Old 05-15-2006, 11:54 AM   #8
punkmama3
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonapellucida
I am hoping to go uc this time. I called the midwife too soon last birth but am going to wait this time.
Aw, good luck to you! I'm sure you'll do beautifully

Old 05-15-2006, 11:57 AM   #9
punkmama3
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterbrainedmom
yay!! i have not and never would (my babies come early and all have needed lots of oxygen), but as long as you are prepared for anything I think it is a wonderful plan!!
I am prepared, I mean, I feel like I need more meditation or birth art or something like that, to help calm my nerves, but deep down I feel like it will be fine. it's funny, because part of me is feeling dumb saying to myself "But I dont' know how to catch my baby!", lol. This, I know, is instincts, and I'll definitly be alright, along with anything else that needs to be done, it'll just be instinctual.

Old 05-15-2006, 01:21 PM   #10
bobandjess99
Registered Users
seller

I had my first baby UC, and will have any future ones the same, unless something comes up to make me feel that is not the best choice....

luv2bemommy - I'm sure your babies come when they are supposed to...they prolly just don't know some male doctor a couple centuries ago arbitrarily decided they should take 40 weeks to cook, LOL!!!!!
bobandjess99 is offline   Reply With Quote