Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-17-2006, 09:28 AM   #21
bobandjess99
Registered Users
seller

Re: Going Unassisted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLove
If you want to get a birth certificate, you need to proove you were pregnant if there is no midwife or docter to witness the birth. So, you at least need to get a slip proving you are pregnant or else you can't get a birth certificate!
ACTUALLY..... this varies by state.
some states require proof from a doctor, others just a statement from someone who knew you were pregnant...etc.....it's best to find out what your state requires!

Advertisement

bobandjess99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 04:16 PM   #22
lindsayncadence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

but if i do UP then i wont know what im having LOL it dont matter though but should i google laws on birth certificates????
Old 05-17-2006, 04:41 PM   #23
my3punkins2005
Banned
seller

i don't think i could do the unassisted birth i would love to have a home birth when we get pregnant with #4 but really don't think there is anyone in my area that would consider it..we have a midwife birthing center a reasonable distance but in the city (which i really hate to go in as we have a high crime rate) but i think i would be more comfortable at home..anyone out there in baltimore maryland?
my3punkins2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 04:42 PM   #24
MamaLove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for correcting the state law thing, Jess. I didn't know it was different in every state.

It was a fun suprise for me not knowing if it was a boy or a girl, and to see that all the dreams I had were right! I even had a dream where I could see him in there, just like an ultrasound. (I didn't want to go to a doc unless absolutely neccesary, but my MIL was RH-, and she insisted I get my blood checked, which was the only time I went, and they said I was rh+, so no problem there, but a high risk pregnancy because I hadn't seen a doc earlier (not a convincing reason for me!) I did need that proof of pregnancy, though, so it had it's purpose.)

It's so important to do what your motherly instincts feel. If you do get an ultrasound, you will know the sex, have proof of pregnancy (if needed), and also be assured that there won't be any complications. I'd google your state laws on birth certificates if you don't have any experienced friends to ask.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:02 PM   #25
Luv2bemommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandjess99
I had my first baby UC, and will have any future ones the same, unless something comes up to make me feel that is not the best choice....

luv2bemommy - I'm sure your babies come when they are supposed to...they prolly just don't know some male doctor a couple centuries ago arbitrarily decided they should take 40 weeks to cook, LOL!!!!!

Oh they cooked alright.. I wouldnt let them induce me until 42 weeks.. LOL I wonder how long I would have went past 42 ? LOL
Old 05-17-2006, 06:43 PM   #26
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i wanted to, i was 17 though and my dad found out when i was 26 weeks. by 27 my mom had called every docs office around us and had dragged me because he was threatening to call cps and stuff, and she was scared my baby and my brother would get taken, and she wouldnt listen to me :sigh:
i just refused everything but blood tests, and urine tests (and they told me i had a uti when i didnt....) no GD test (but i was checking my sugar myself, so there was no point) and no anything else either. they listened to our hearts and poked at me a bit and tested my urine and thats about it, though the wic and medicaid offices were in the same building and i had both for a few weeks so i had to talk to them a couple trimes, but no biggie at the docs!! i just refused everything and drove them insane LOL!!
and i went 5 times total to a doctor and once o a midwife, and it was worse. i want to go unassisted whenever i get pregnant again.

lindsay- you can go to a freestanding ultrasound place if you want to know badly, plus you can get a 3d or 4d us... they do ask who your doc is, but ummm...they dont check it out, lol. the one i went to asked and i told her and shes like oh, okay like shed heard of her before. shes not an ob,and its a community clinic an hour and a quarter + away from there, but okay, LOL.

the only thing i was going to do was get a doppler towards then end and get an ultrasound so there wouldnt be any surprises if something was wrong, kwim? well i ended up getting 2 hospital ones and a freestanding one, but thats besides the point, LOL.

candice- i wonder about that, too. i knew he needed out so i wentt o be induced at 42 weeks too i definitely wonder if he didnt need out, how long i could have gone, the only thing i had to compklain about was he was laying funny on my hip and it was grinding my bones together but i solved that- i just didnt walk much unless it was a certain way, LOL.
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:26 PM   #27
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was wondering about the RH factor..I'm glad that was brought up...I am Rh- so I have to have my shots...

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 09:35 PM   #28
lindsayncadence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

http://onlinedocs.andersonpublishing...&2.0#JD_370515

i found that but this stuff confuses me lol
Old 05-17-2006, 10:17 PM   #29
bobandjess99
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon
I was wondering about the RH factor..I'm glad that was brought up...I am Rh- so I have to have my shots...

Hi there...I'm not saying you shouldn't get the after birth shot...but i just wanted to jump in and say that many negative moms choose not to get the shot
I just want to make sure you understand it is an option to NOT get the shot, *if* that is your choice. I'm not in the business of convincing people of anything...just trying to get them to understand all of their options, LOL!

Personally, i woiuld not get the shot at 28 weeks....in fact, my CNM will NOT give them, because, in her own words, "you can't tell me that stuff doesn't get to the baby" But she does recommend post-birth shots, if the mom wants them.

If you do get them, be sure you have your doc/midwife special order the ones without mercury in them, especially if you go through with the during- pregnancy shot!!!!!!!
Old 05-17-2006, 10:19 PM   #30
bobandjess99
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2bemommy
Oh they cooked alright.. I wouldnt let them induce me until 42 weeks.. LOL I wonder how long I would have went past 42 ? LOL
Have you ever been to the "ten month mommas" website?
GREAT stories of moms who gestate for 44+ weeks!!!
It is normal for *some* moms to gestate that long.
(I'm pretty glad my darling came at 40 weeks though, )