View Poll Results: Do you Nurse in Public?
Nope, not for me! 7 1.85%
Nope, but I wish I could do it! 9 2.38%
Yes, but we do it discretely! 183 48.41%
Yes, openly and proudly! 157 41.53%
Stopped NIPing past a certain age. 17 4.50%
The Notorious Other 5 1.32%
Voters: 378. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-21-2008, 11:39 AM   #21
I Smile Because Of Them
Registered Users
seller

Location: I'm only passing through here as my real home is in Heaven!
My Mood:
Re: Do You Nurse in Public?

Yup! I don't hide when I eat, so why would I hide my kids. We nurse wherever and whenever.

Advertisement

Old 10-21-2008, 11:41 AM   #22
peaches330
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was unable to BF either of my kids for different reason (DD wouldn't latch and DS was allergic to something and had horrible acid reflux) but I had nursing tops both times and was fully prepared to NIP. Hopefully I will be able to BF the next one though,and I will probably NIP until they are old enough to be distracted.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:48 AM   #23
mommamally
Registered Users

I have a Hooter Hider nursing cover that I use when I am out in public. But it is a bright and busy pattern, and it distracts my ds. So, I just recently made my own covers, using the same style, but simple and plain. I don't think I could get away with NIP without one, because ds is always on and off, so my nips get shown off a lot!
mommamally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 11:54 AM   #24
Gaberielle
Registered Users

My Mood:

I NIP but only in a resturaunt or if I have a blanket, yesterday I was at the food bank (we've hit hard times >.<) and amy started nuzzling me and I wanted to feed her but I couldn't bring myself to because I didn't have a blanket. I dont like NIP because amy gets distracted by everything but hates having a blanket over her face -.-
Gaberielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:00 PM   #25
Mom2MaggieSue
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I NIP'd until DD was about 18 months. The last 4 months or so it was exclusively in a carrier or while sitting at a table. Most of the time people had no idea what I was doing, so I rarely got weird looks.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:02 PM   #26
jennyb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by indysteffanie View Post
we do.

A is 9 months and i still do it, we dont hide but im not trying to purposely flash anyone either

i always wear a tank under my regular shirt so i pull it down, regular shirt up, so nothing is exposed

im more worried about my muffin top hanging out than i am my boob
oh, me too!
i voted nip, but stopped after a certain age. once each of my kids was around 15 months, i started getting the "strange" looks & even some comments about "hmmm - (s)he's still nursing ..." i wish i was the type of person who didn't care what other people thought, but unfortunately, i'm not. after about age 15 months, we nursed in the car or way back in a corner somewhere, not just right on the park bench or during library story time or _ _ _ like we normally did. if more mamas around here nip past 12-15 months, i'd be more comfortable doing so. i know, i know, if i started then that would help others mamas feel more comfortable nursing toddler in public, etc.

the funny thing is, i'd nurse any aged lo in any place on vacations where no one knows us & we'll never see them again but, back in our "home town" i'm not as forward. i wish i was b/c i truly am probfing, pro ext. bfing...

Get Cash Back from all your fave stores-Click here to join Mr. Rebates!
jennyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:04 PM   #27
~EweNeedColor~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we do, not like i let everything hang out though. I am not the least bit modest about it either!!
~EweNeedColor~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:06 PM   #28
Edensmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't nurse-(long heartbreaking story ) Hopefully someday with our next baby I will succeed. Anyways, I wanted to tell you ladies that I LOVE IT when I see women nursing in public. I think it's such a wonderful warm act of love. I think more women should BF in public to make it "normal" since our society is sooo weird about breastfeeding. So if you do nurse in public, YOU GO GIRL!
Edensmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:14 PM   #29
SlumberMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaBunny View Post
Just wondering who does, who doesn't, and how we all do it. I was fine NIPing my DD until recently. I get more strange looks now and don't have the chutzpah to keep doing it at her age, so I give her small amounts of solids when we're out and about.
Your DD is only 6 mo and you're getting strange looks? Seems to me the people giving you strange looks need something else better to do with their free time

I NIP with DD until she weaned herself at a year. But I used a hooter hider to cover the boob and then a receiving blanket to cover the muffin top. Like a PP said, I was more concerned about showing off my flab than anything else. People always got a kick out of watching DD nurse because you couldn't see anything but her feet sticking out from under the cover, and she would always swing her feet or kick her legs as she happily nursed
Yes, I take PP
SlumberMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:14 PM   #30
arussell1897
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by indysteffanie View Post
we do.

A is 9 months and i still do it, we dont hide but im not trying to purposely flash anyone either

i always wear a tank under my regular shirt so i pull it down, regular shirt up, so nothing is exposed

im more worried about my muffin top hanging out than i am my boob

ME too!!!!

anyways, we nip everywhere. He is 7 1/2 months old. I have a nursing cover, but if we are in somewhere decreet (like a booth in a resturant or at familys house) I dont use it. I use the cover more when we are at like a major league baseball game, 6 flags or target or something
arussell1897 is offline   Reply With Quote