View Poll Results: Do you Nurse in Public?
Nope, not for me! 7 1.85%
Nope, but I wish I could do it! 9 2.38%
Yes, but we do it discretely! 183 48.41%
Yes, openly and proudly! 157 41.53%
Stopped NIPing past a certain age. 17 4.50%
The Notorious Other 5 1.32%
Voters: 378. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-21-2008, 12:37 PM   #41
MisanthropeKitty
Registered Users

Re: Do You Nurse in Public?

i nurse my son in public. i wouldnt say that i do it openly because i dont do the whole boob out thing but i pull my shirt down and you cant tell a thing.

Advertisement

MisanthropeKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:38 PM   #42
becca1202
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My dd is almost 7 months and I still NIP. She's pretty much refusing solids or if she does eat them, she demands to nurse right after, so NIP is my only option really if she gets hungry while we are out. I have a faux hooter hider that I use sometimes. She's at a stage where she flaps the cover around and actually draws more attention than if I just discretely nurse her in a corner. I arrange my t-shirt so nothing shows, just her face.
I can usually be tempted for trading knitting for wool, I just have to limit how much I take on in a month. But feel free to message me. I sell custom knitted wool! PM me. I'm also available to do recycled wool upon request.
becca1202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:38 PM   #43
ShamroxGirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I chose other because I do nurse, and while it's not always discreet, we try to be! Most people who have kids know what I'm doing, and if asked I'll tell them, but I'm not into baring my chest in public.

***4***8***12***16**20***24***28***32***36 ***40
ShamroxGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:38 PM   #44
josh'swife
Registered Users

My Mood:

My dd self-weaned around 13-14 mos. but up until then I would nurse where ever we were if she wanted to/ was fussy/ needed a nap, etc. I would try to cover with a blanket until she was latched on and then remove it so she could breathe. I kept the blanket in hand to cover up with after she was done. I'm not very graceful about such things and always felt like my fatso belly was hanging out if I didn't do that.

wife since 2000 to the one He chose for me.

Homeschooling, selective vax-ing, babywearing, CD-ing mom to 3 girls (8, 5, 3) Expecting Baby #4 in late September
josh'swife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:40 PM   #45
Emmett's Mommy
Registered Users
seller

It's funny, because I have always been so self conscious about myself and wearing anything relatively tight or revealing...but, Now that I have a child I will bf him anywhere, anytime I need to - and some of my friends have seen more of me than they probably ever thought they would (because he is very nosy and can't always keep attention while bfing). When I am out, I do it discretely but definitely don't put it off until I am not in public. I do have a "hooter hider" but I use it less than more.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:27 PM   #46
becca1202
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My dd is almost 7 months and I still NIP. She's pretty much refusing solids or if she does eat them, she demands to nurse right after, so NIP is my only option really if she gets hungry while we are out. I have a faux hooter hider that I use sometimes. She's at a stage where she flaps the cover around and actually draws more attention than if I just discretely nurse her in a corner. I arrange my t-shirt so nothing shows, just her face.
I can usually be tempted for trading knitting for wool, I just have to limit how much I take on in a month. But feel free to message me. I sell custom knitted wool! PM me. I'm also available to do recycled wool upon request.
becca1202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 01:47 PM   #47
burnsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Still NIP with my almost 16 month old.

I really wish that more mamas would NIP, so that we would all start to feel more comfy doing it.

His body, his choice.
burnsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 02:09 PM   #48
luvmybaby333
Registered Users
seller

I NIP. I don't care Around here I do get some negative feedback... but whatever I don't make a point to flash people, but I won't hide in a bathroom either. I may choose to conceal more of my breast with a blanket if someone is *too* intent on staring (usually teenage boys.) Of course, DD doesn't appreciate the blanket so it is used sparingly.

Back after many years and cautiously expecting someone new. It's been so long, I don't even remember what that little ribbon in my siggy is for, but I'm going to keep it there anyway
luvmybaby333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 02:14 PM   #49
MommyToNoah
Registered Users
seller

We do. I voted discreetly, which we try, but DS isn't about being covered, so I just make sure my breast is covered for the most part and I am careful when he unlatches.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:27 PM   #50
hippydippymama
Registered Users
seller

I voted openly and proudly, which is the case 90% of the time, but there are certain instances wher we make an effort to be more discreet. I have no problem pulling my whole boob over the top of my shirt to nurse at the ped's office. But I had to do the same thing at my BIL's wedding last weekend since that's the only way I could nurse in my dress, and I chose to cover my chest with a burp cloth because I felt it would be more appropriate at such an occasion (very traditional, swanky church wedding). Otherwise, I'm all about doing it anywhere anytime anyway I feel like.
hippydippymama is offline   Reply With Quote