View Poll Results: Do you Nurse in Public?
Nope, not for me! 7 1.85%
Nope, but I wish I could do it! 9 2.38%
Yes, but we do it discretely! 183 48.41%
Yes, openly and proudly! 157 41.53%
Stopped NIPing past a certain age. 17 4.50%
The Notorious Other 5 1.32%
Voters: 378. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-29-2008, 09:19 AM   #81
clb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do You Nurse in Public?

Quote:
Originally Posted by indysteffanie View Post
we do.

A is 9 months and i still do it, we dont hide but im not trying to purposely flash anyone either

i always wear a tank under my regular shirt so i pull it down, regular shirt up, so nothing is exposed

im more worried about my muffin top hanging out than i am my boob
this is me too. ds is 6 months. We were at a car dealership 2 weeks ago and in the middle of negotiations for a Routon lease ds was hungry, so out comes the boob in our salesman's office. Sometimes we try to be discreet and look for a quiet corner in the mall or zoo and sometimes his hunger trumps all and we are all in no matter where we are.

Advertisement

C- Proud mama to M (4/08). Loving wife to J. Excited about welcoming baby #2 into our APing, BWing, Non-Circing, Selective Vaxing, happy, hippy family in 03/11
clb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 05:51 PM   #82
RachelP519
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I voted discretely - I don't like to show skin but I don't run off to the bathroom or someplace. I've nursed at weddings (front row at my sister's), funerals, library, WalMart (while shopping), church, restaurants, picking peaches, among other places.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:23 PM   #83
LanesMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ABSOLUTELY! I don't normally use anything to cover with- but I am pretty good at using my shirt. I don't purposely flash people, either... I just figure if people don't want to see, they won't look. If people are staring at me, they are immature and whatever... they are boobs. They are feeding tools right now, and that is it!
Old 10-29-2008, 06:37 PM   #84
hippydippymama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanesMama View Post
ABSOLUTELY! I don't normally use anything to cover with- but I am pretty good at using my shirt. I don't purposely flash people, either... I just figure if people don't want to see, they won't look. If people are staring at me, they are immature and whatever... they are boobs. They are feeding tools right now, and that is it!
That's pretty much how I feel. I had some d*****bag frat boys making chauvinistic comments about me nursing DS2 at the rally yesterday. I didn't even care. They're just boobs. They feed my baby. Whatever!
hippydippymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:48 PM   #85
mitchellsmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've always nursed in public with ds1 and now with ds2 and have never gotten any negative comments or attention (discreetly covered with shirt but not usually a special cover). We're in a bf-friendly area and I've always believed that if you act confidently like you know what you're doing people usually let you be.

my crafty/sewing blog: http://handmademommy.blogspot.com/
mitchellsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:59 PM   #86
mommy_have_it
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by indysteffanie View Post
we do.

im more worried about my muffin top hanging out than i am my boob

And OP, I voted yes to, but I do what I can to "hide".
mommy_have_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:05 PM   #87
KristenDay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaBunny View Post
Just wondering who does, who doesn't, and how we all do it. I was fine NIPing my DD until recently. I get more strange looks now and don't have the chutzpah to keep doing it at her age, so I give her small amounts of solids when we're out and about.
At her age? Isn't she only like... 6-7 months old??
KristenDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:21 PM   #88
sillyutalktome
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We nurse everwhere, as discretely as possible, but more and more without a covering. People can just deal with it. (though it took a while for me to get here)
Old 10-30-2008, 12:00 AM   #89
Heather81
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'll nurse anywhere. I dont care if my boob or BOOBS are hanging out. It's my right Im feeding my child and that's that.

I've had perverse comments made, looooooooong stares from men, negative comments and praises too. The one negative thing that stood out was a pediatrician at my daughter dr's office (not the normal pediatrician we see) actually asked me NOT to nurse in the waiting room. She said it makes people uncomfortable. WTF? What if it makes me uncomfortable to see bottle feeding? Or a man in a wheelchair? or a woman with one arm? Or a child with pink shoes? etc..

The point it, she didnt take into consideration how I would feel about that...or the law for that matter. I have the legal RIGHT to nurse anywhere i please yet a doctor at the PEDIATRICIAN'S office asked me not to. The same doctor who was HELPING me breastfeed. Go figure.. GRR
Old 10-30-2008, 02:00 AM   #90
heathenmommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

I voted other but I am PROUD and discrete. No covers for us, but I do try to use my shirt to cover us if I can.

But my baby comes first, and I don't care if someone wants to give me a chance- I don't mind an argument or whatnot. I've only had positive experiences, but babe is only 4.5 months too.
Luv my #2 With my Big Champ!

Unapologetic Godless Heathen and Proud of it!
heathenmommy is offline   Reply With Quote