Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-27-2015, 10:44 AM   #1
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question NB fitted and AIO recommendations (AKA HELP!!)

I have CDed three, but only my last from birth. He was born in October 2011 and weighed 6lbs 15 oz at term. However, I am expecting this baby to be bigger, since my boyfriend's family genes are a bigger build than my ex, but there's no guarantee. I am about 120lbs at 5'2. My boyfriend is 6'1 and 250lbs of mostly muscle.

I am thinking, based on experiences with my last, I want mostly NB fitteds with covers and AIOs for this baby's stash. I am due in January. Right now I am looking at Thirsties NB AIOs and Rumparooz Lil' Joeys. I understand there was some drama (for lack of better word) with the Kanga Care company and a lot of retailers stopped carrying their diapers. I also had the OS Rumparooz when the whole delamination thing went down, and that was not cool. I know the RaR OS were a smaller cut of diaper, so assuming there's no BS with the company anymore maybe I don't need Lil Joeys because the OS would work as NB diapers, anyone know?

My experience NB CDing with my youngest:
AIOs: With my youngest I had BG XS AIOs and while they fit him around the legs and waist they were high on his waist, over his cord stump. He outgrew the absorbency before he did the fit. I wish they would have last longer because they were one of the best fits. I also had Grovia NB AIOs which worked OK at first but the tip of the booster would stick out and we had gapping around legs. If I remember correctly we had both belly and leg leaks with those. I understand there is a "new" Grovia NB AIO out there, maybe they fixed those issues?

For NB fitteds and covers: AppleCheeks cover size 1 was too big. Thristies small or size 1 duos were too big. The Disana small cover did not fit him for quite awhile. I think I shrunk it a lot and it finally fit him.The XS Thirsties cover was veeeeery bulky and gapping but it did contain poop with trifolded preemie prefold because of the gussets. Small Bummis didn't fit. Prorap NB was really the only cover that fit him but most of the fitteds and prefolds I had were too big for it. I think the size 1 Thirsties duo fitteds worked well for us for quite awhile but don't remember when I started him in them. esbaby fitteds in small were great for us, eventually, but I the retailer I bought them from in 2011 doesn't sell them anymore. I know we did KL0 but I can't remember how they worked. I know I tried a lot more but those are the notes I could find right off the bat in my other CD group.
----------
ETA: I should add, I don't mind spending money but I am very practical. If the diaper is worth the cost OK, but if it's not I'm not going to buy it just because it's exclusive or whatever. I also do not buy or use cheapie China diapers. Oh and I prefer to buy new diapers from actual retailers.

Advertisement

Last edited by Spunkify; 05-27-2015 at 11:09 AM.
Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 12:48 PM   #2
bwarren13
Registered Users
seller

Re: NB fitted and AIO recommendations (AKA HELP!!)

I love my thirsties nb aio! The fit is great (my lo is 6 weeks, 9+ lb. And it still fits!) I had some used lil joeys but I had a hard time with them because they leaked around the leg gussets. Not sure if it was just old or if that happens a lot.
bwarren13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 12:58 PM   #3
bluesaddle
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would definitely recommend the Thirsties AIO nb. I just got some in and they are so cute. They would definitely fit right from birth and have the umbilical snap down.

Another option is Nanas Bottoms newborn size. It is super tiny. She also does fitteds, which I have heard really good things about.

Another diaper I really love is Rainshine Designs. Her small diaper fits from about 10lbs, so it is a nice diaper for one that lasts longer. She also sells newborn size too.
Old 05-27-2015, 01:21 PM   #4
cjdetweiler
Registered Users
seller

I had a stash of blueberry NB simplex diapers. We used them up until about 12 lbs. he still had room to grow in them fit wise but was a super heavy wetter. Instead of adding absorbancy I just switched over to my OS stash.
cjdetweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 01:44 PM   #5
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I loved the bigger sized Simplex. Maybe I'll get some of the NBs, hummmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdetweiler View Post
I had a stash of blueberry NB simplex diapers. We used them up until about 12 lbs. he still had room to grow in them fit wise but was a super heavy wetter. Instead of adding absorbancy I just switched over to my OS stash.

Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 03:05 PM   #6
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

We loved NB simplex! We had 21 at the end I think. I also really liked the *newest* style Grovia AIO to put under leggings and other girl clothes. Both lasted until 3-4mo in terms of fit and absorbency.

Great customer service from:

meljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 07:21 PM   #7
cjdetweiler
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by meljc View Post
We loved NB simplex! We had 21 at the end I think. I also really liked the *newest* style Grovia AIO to put under leggings and other girl clothes. Both lasted until 3-4mo in terms of fit and absorbency.

Wow I wish mine would've lasted this long!! I loved them so much. My little guy out grew them at a little over a month old. He's a bit of a tank which amazes me because he was a preemie!
cjdetweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 06:25 PM   #8
picklefroggies
Registered Users

I really like my Thirsties newborn aio. It fit perfectly around her skinny newborn legs and we haven't had any leaks!
picklefroggies is offline   Reply With Quote