Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-07-2016, 03:47 PM   #1
jenn3894
Registered Users

Review Your Favorite (or not so favorite) Newborn Diapers

Lets use this thread to give a quick review of your favorite or not so favorite cloth diaper.

Advertisement

jenn3894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 03:49 PM   #2
jenn3894
Registered Users

Re: Review Your Favorite (or not so favorite) Newborn Diapers

Favorite- Newborn Blueberry Simplex AIO
This diaper gets you the most mileage for an newborn. It begins fitting well around 7lbs and lasts until at least 15 lbs. My son and daughter were both heavy wetters and this diaper was the only diaper that would last more than an hour without adding loads of extra inserts. This diaper does have the possibility for stuffing extra inserts-- I used hemp inserts when my newborn started sleeping 3-4 hour stretches at night. Love, love, love this diaper.
Old 05-07-2016, 03:50 PM   #3
jenn3894
Registered Users

Newborn Grovia AIO- not my favorite diaper. Fits great on tiny newborns, but absorbency is lacking and it's very quickly outgrown. It does snap down small enough before the umbilical cord falls off.
Old 05-07-2016, 07:42 PM   #4
greysmama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn3894
Newborn Grovia AIO- not my favorite diaper. Fits great on tiny newborns, but absorbency is lacking and it's very quickly outgrown. It does snap down small enough before the umbilical cord falls off.
Did you use the ruffled version or the newest with the turned and top stitched design?
greysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 08:29 PM   #5
Menfusse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a couple of faves. One is not talked about much, but for my little bitty, but older baby who peed like an older...the bumkins size 0 fitteds were fantastic. Tiny, soft, and absorbent. She is 4 months old, and just about 10 and a half pounds. Pees like a typical 4 month old, and we are loving the Imagine bamboo newborn AIO's. We have the velcro, and you'd probably need the snap to use them immediately from birth, unless you have a big baby. But they fit great even now and are plenty absorbent for her.

We didn't like THX/Little Joey's. Cute and all but not absorbent enough and not easy to clean.
Old 05-07-2016, 10:12 PM   #6
abemom2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

For the smaller newborn Ashar/ Diaperevolution velour fitted and Nana's Bottoms AIO. When they are a bit bigger - Bottombumpers size1/ small. I liked the Simplex, but it took a long time until it started fitting my thin legged babies.

I just ordered the Diaperevolution size small to try on my DS.

Last edited by abemom2; 05-07-2016 at 10:14 PM.
abemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 01:12 PM   #7
abh5e8
Registered Users

I loved GMD NB prefolds, with thirsties xs covers. But the covers were a little big on my newborn and I didn't love the aplix. This time I'm going with duos size one in snaps, which I think will be better.
Old 05-25-2016, 12:17 PM   #8
fluffbutt
Registered Users

I love so many CDs... but for newborns my fave is the GMD prefolds with a Thirsties or Bummis cover.
fluffbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 03:12 PM   #9
UnfluffyBunny
Registered Users

My Mood:

Faves:
- GMD Prefolds with Bummis Super Brite cover. Only thing that fit my LO at 5#4oz.
- Nana's Bottoms have a nice trim fit, great for daytime.
- Smart Bottoms Born Smarts for an AIO. Began to fit around 7#, 6weeks old, on her skinny legs with good absorbency.

Okay for now - Blueberry Simplex NB still are big around her legs. She's now 8w and 7#12oz we wear them as a last resort but I think they'll fit well when she's bigger and will last a long time.

Least favorite
- Lil Joeys she outwet very early even with frequent changes. However they did have a good fit.
FOR SMALL NEWBORN - I haven't been able to get a good fit still with Thirsties duo sz 1. She's just too skinny still.
- Imagine NB covers were giant.
UnfluffyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 05:15 PM   #10
abh5e8
Registered Users

Which gmd prefolds did you use under the super brights?

(Those are by backup plan of baby comes out to small for the duos 1)