Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-12-2016, 02:25 PM   #1
scooterpie
Registered Users

Newborn covers with umbilical snap down

Hi all! So, I've purchased a few newborn fitteds with snap-downs for the umbilical stump. Now I need some covers to go with them, and would like to get a few that also have the snap down option. I'm not interested in wool, just PUL or TPU covers. Any favorites or recommendations?

Thanks!

Advertisement

scooterpie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 03:05 PM   #2
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Re: Newborn covers with umbilical snap down

I like thirsties. They have size newborn and size extra small which both have snap downs
Elchorrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 03:49 PM   #3
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Rumparooz Newborn covers were a fave of mine for H's stash.

I bought some Thirsties newborn covers but did not like the new Thirsties aplix. It folded in and irritated her belly.
Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 12:15 PM   #4
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd second the newborn RAR. I don't remember if it had a scoop but DD at 8lbs started wearing them mid rise so you could always snap the middle snap lower if you need too.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool and my Tinkle Traps Review.
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 04:52 PM   #5
scooterpie
Registered Users

Thanks for the suggestions! I'd like to try either the Thirsties newborn or XS covers. I'm not sure if the Newborn size will be too snug over a KL0 fitted. They're on sale at Nicki's with free shipping, so I guess I could try both...
Old 10-13-2016, 04:56 PM   #6
abh5e8
Registered Users

Thirsties xs and duo 1 have a dip or cutout for the cord, but does not snap down. I was able to use both on my 7#14oz newborn from birth, over newborn prefolds.

I debated for the entire third trimester, getting some thirsties newborn covers too, but im glad I didn't. He grew so fast they would have lasted 2 weeks tops.

My xs covers are OLD... As in I bought then used for my now six year old son, when I was pregnant with him. I've used them on three babies and they are still fine. I bought a few new duo 1s fot this new baby. Ill keep the xs since I have them, but if I were buying, I would just buy duo 1s. They still fit at two months, almost 14 lbs, over yellow edge prefolds.

Also... You can always buy NB size if baby comes tiny. Shipping from Nickie's is really fast. That was my plan.

Last edited by abh5e8; 10-16-2016 at 06:14 AM.
abh5e8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 02:09 PM   #7
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

I think if you get snaps instead of hook and loop they do have a snap down. I'm pretty sure most of mine snap down and a few have the dips. I'll check them after a quick nap 😉
Old 10-15-2016, 02:18 PM   #8
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Oops. I'm wrong. My size nb, xs, and 1 all have the dip; none have a snap down. My thirsties nb aios have the snap down. Sorry!
Old 10-15-2016, 02:21 PM   #9
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Regardless, I did not have any of these come close to hitting the cord on LO, but I don't know if that's because of LO's torso length or not. I'd feel safe using any of those on a nb. Don't forget thirsties outlet, too! You can get covers pretty cheap there if you don't care about color or design
Old 10-15-2016, 04:25 PM   #10
scooterpie
Registered Users

Thanks Elchorrito! That's really helpful! Did you CD from birth or wait a couple of weeks?

Did you think it's worth it to start with the Newborn size, or do you recommend going straight to the XS or Duo 1? It's tough since I have no clue how big my little guy will be until it's too late!