Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-21-2016, 01:43 PM   #1
Dessiree
Registered Users

What do you use for preemie inserts?

I should have probably gotten all in ones but I bought rumparooz newborn size covers. I bought bamboo inserts and just had no idea how BIG they would be. I hate to have to buy something else after already buying these, especially when he will grow out of them quickly. My son was a little premature and is only 5.6 lbs right now. Any of you use inserts or prefolds that worked for preemie/newborn size covers? Would love to get some feedback from someone with experience before ordering something.

Advertisement

Dessiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 02:40 PM   #2
luvmybaby333
Registered Users
seller

Re: What do you use for preemie inserts?

I can't speak from experience, as I've never cloth diapered a baby that small... But I just recently came across a thread on here where someone used washcloths to diaper her newborn and a lot of lot of people said it worked for them too. I imagine that might be a small and economical option until baby gets bigger. Other than that, preemie prefolds are the only other thing I can think of.

Back after many years and cautiously expecting someone new. It's been so long, I don't even remember what that little ribbon in my siggy is for, but I'm going to keep it there anyway
luvmybaby333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 07:18 PM   #3
Jumbo
Registered Users
seller

Re: What do you use for preemie inserts?

My LO was 5.65lbs when she got home from the hospital, I just used large diaper rite flats and receiving blanket flats. They worked great.
Jumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 06:19 PM   #4
greysmama
Registered Users
seller

I'd buy 12 preemie prefolds to see if that fits the bill. Cotton babies has them $12 for a dozen and free shipping.
greysmama is offline   Reply With Quote