Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-01-2009, 02:14 AM   #1
2beautifulgirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My Baby Girl is HERE!!!

Hi there...I don't post much but I am so excited to tell you all that my baby girl was born on May 26th! She was "due" on the 21st. I usually am a good sport up to that date...especially since this was #4 for us....and once it passes, I kinda get moody. LOL, I'm sure you prego mamas can understand...we had a thread just for people who were still pregnant! And I definitely took advantage and whined in there. Anyways...here's how it all went down....
Memorial Day was my other daughter's 5th birthday so it was really cool that my oldest daughter had off from school and so did Daddy from work! We got to spend the day together as a family. I woke up in a mood since I was still pregnant for yet another day. I had been trying parsley tea for about three days straight to no avail. That stuff is really nasty. So on that monday, I sent DH to the store, he actually bought some nice organic parsley this time and it was from Kroger as opposed to Walmart...I dunno if that had anything to do with it, but I will tell you that this batch of tea was really really dark compared to the other batches we had brewed up! It was almost brown. Ilike to think it had at least a little bit to do with the fact I went into labor that night. Anyways...I digress....so I also wanted to try some Eggplant Parmesean and my DH gladly drove me to an Italian REstaurant and got me some of that. He spoils me sometimes! Basically, I got whatever I wanted for those last few days of this pregnancy. It was nice.
Anyways, We hung out with the kids, went to build a bear, and then decided last minute to go over to some friends house for dinner and so I could watch the Jon and Kate plus 8 premiere....we watched a few hours of the marathon while I had my tea in my starbucks thermos.
I had maybe three or four pretty strong contractions while sitting on my friends couch but as soon as we got up to go home around 10, they completely stopped. We got home, I got on the computer for just a little while and had maybe 2 more good ctx. I decided I should get to bed if they were going to continue into the night and wake me up later. That was around 10:45 or so. I woke up a little while later to a nice one, and also the sound of my 2 year old barfing in his room! I kicked DH out of bed to take care of him and while he did, I had two more ctx and decided to check the time...it was 12:10. So I figure labor really started around midnight. DH came back to bed and I told him he probably wasn't going to have to go back to work the next day because I thought this was it. So I called my midwife...My ctx weren't strong enough that I had to moan thru them at this point, just breathe thru. So she said she could come and sleep on my couch and wait to see if anything materialized out of them if I wanted her to....We decided to wait about an hour to an hour and a half and give her an update then....So I slapped the phone shut, went and sat on my bed and immediately had a ctx that I HAD to moan thru. It was so odd! So within about 10 minutes, I had at least 2 more of those and we had to call her to come. She got here around 1:30...I labored a lot on the big yoga ball...At some point she checked me and I was at an 8 with a very thin cervix.
My DH was awesome support with this birth! Normally he's running around filling the pool, doing other things while my midwife is giving me the support (all this by my wishes) But with this birth, I was so pleased to have HIM putting the pressure on my back during ctx. He basically held me up with every one I had. It was awesome. He did start filling the pool though at some point...maybe around 2 AM or so. And once that was ready I got in....Here's my moment to get on the soapbox for waterbirth!! You should try it! That water is soooooo healing and soooooo relaxing....I was shaking with this labor (also did in the previous one) and the second I stepped in that warm water, it stopped....I absolutely love it and will always birth my babies in the water if I am able....Ok, off soapbox. So I get in the pool around 2:35 and labor with my arms hanging over the side of the pool, and turned over on my knees..... feeling small urges to push with my ctx. My two oldest daughters wanted to be there so DH went and got them around 2:45 or so....my midwife originally thought we'd wait till I started pushing, but with my son, the pushing lasted all of 5 minutes or less so I really wanted them in there before that....it's a good thing we got them!

I had previously talked to my midwife about catching the baby so at some point, and I don't know when or how I knew when to do it, but at some point, I flipped over so I could catch her....I pushed with all my strength for one or two ctx and was wondering why she wasn't slipping right on out like my son did. Finally with one more huge push I felt my water break and her head came out....one more really strong push for those shoulders and I reached down and caught her and brought her up out of the water. I was SOOOO relieved!! I don't remember ever feeling so much relief after a birth! I was so happy to finally hold her (and to see that she was, in fact, a SHE) and so happy that pushing was over....I was a ball of emotion....and we got it all on tape! It turned out that she came out sunny side up! All during my pregnancy, at every one of my appts, she was laying in a great position for a non posterior birth....but she changed her position during labor I guess. I remember her moving a lot during labor so I'm sure that's when she moved into that position. She had some red marks on the left side of her face and a little bruise on her left eyelid...I guess from my pelvis and being posterior?

So the official stats are:
Baby Girl born Tuesday May 26th, 3:12 AM (yep, 3 hour labor!!!) 9 lbs 8 ounces, 23 inches long and a 14" head circumference. By far my biggest baby to date!! she was nearly 2 lbs larger than my previous baby and a full inch longer than my longest! So there's why she didn't just slip right out!

Advertisement

Old 06-01-2009, 11:42 AM   #2
bonniec_tn
Registered Users

Re: My Baby Girl is HERE!!!

Congratulations! I hope my labor goes as smoothly as yours!
Old 06-01-2009, 11:43 AM   #3
mrsbehaven007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

congrats mama !
mrsbehaven007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:49 AM   #4
4HisGlory
Registered Users
Formerly: 2&1ontheway
seller

Congrats!!
Old 06-05-2009, 08:05 AM   #5
APmommy712
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congratulations!!! My ds was born posterior, but it took him 19 hours. LOL
I love my job, ask me more about it!
APmommy712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:43 AM   #6
sololove
Registered Users

My Mood:

Congrats!!
sololove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:45 AM   #7
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sounds like a gorgeous birth! Congrats mama!
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:19 PM   #8
MamaNotes
Registered Users

My Mood:

congrats!
MamaNotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:21 PM   #9
MamaNotes
Registered Users

My Mood:

congrats!!
MamaNotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:23 PM   #10
PinkInk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Love the story, thanks for sharing! Congrats!!!
PinkInk is offline   Reply With Quote