Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-22-2008, 09:49 PM   #1
earthmamastyle
Registered Users
Formerly: barbaramommyof2
seller

My Mood:
Wink NOT CIRCUMCISING positive advice?? UPDATE!!

10/24
OK mama's I called the doc yest. because i am still so mad and worried about my LO's poor penis. I talked to the doc personally, this is what he said.
He said that if you don't pull the forskin back a little each time you change there diaper that it will make it harder for them when they grow up to pull it back. I told him that I was worried about scar tissue forming and that I wish I hadn't pulled it back at all. That at the tip of his poor pnis it does look a little lets say distressed. He told me it was my choice and I told him that I had some articles to show him. ( because I do like him in other areas I guess. He seems like a nice caring ped. and I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt.) BUt he told me that in reference to the articles, anyone can post something on the interent and that it doesn't prove anything to him. His medical schooling is proof enough. So mama's I am going to follow my gut and that is to NOT pull it back in any way! Thank God for you mama's. I guess my first sign to me that it wasn't right to pull it back, was when I noticed that there was not a penis poking through but bright red raw tissue. Poor little guy. I am not really thrilled with my docs closed mind so I think I will be changing peds after talking to him. So that is my experience and I pray that my LO will not have any probelms in the future. from possible scar tissue that may have formed from my 5 weeks of every other day slightly pulling back of his forskin! Thanks again!!

10/22
OK I'm changing this thread up a bit because I got so much help for my main Q. and I feel like a total idiot now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad you mama's told me though!! SOOOO glad!! So now I wanna know what I am supposed to do. anything I should know? How to clean it when it does retract on it's own. How do you teach your DS to clean it well? Or does this all not really matter because it stays pretty clean? I guess I have been WAY mislead!!

10/22
I did not circumcise my DS he is 2 mo. The hosp. nurse told me to wait till he was 6 mo to start to pull down the forskin. His PED. told me to start right away. How do I do this? I have been working on it. Slowly pulling it down. I see red inside that slowly peaks out. Like new tissue or something. It is moving along very slowly, just barely poking out a tiny tiny bit each time. Last time I think I pushed too hard, even though I barely did. But it looks like I could have torn a tiny bit of the forskin. It never seems to bother DS. Our doc has been very vague, I don't think he agrees. I am set on my decision not to and researched it quit a bit. So I don't need any unpositive circumcision facts or anything. I was hoping to hear from mama's who have successfully pulled the whole forskin down over the penis. Tips, advice, stories. ANYTHING informative and positive!! Thanks mama's!!

Advertisement

Last edited by earthmamastyle; 10-24-2008 at 09:59 AM.
earthmamastyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:59 PM   #2
tiredmommyof8
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: NOT CIRCUMCISING positive advcie??

You are NOT supposed to retract the foreskin.
http://www.cirp.org/library/normal/aap/
http://www.medem.com/MedLB/article_d...TODD&sub_cat=0

Kate~ Now an exhausted Mommy of 9!
ISO/IHA
tiredmommyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:00 PM   #3
TwosCompany
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Don't pull the foreskin! There's no reason to retract it! No circumsized penises in this house, and we NEVER retract the skin. Why did the dr tell you to do this?!
Old 10-22-2008, 10:02 PM   #4
earthmamastyle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: NOT CIRCUMCISING positive advice??

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT CAN IT DO?? I have actually heard very mixed things. When I was in the hosp. 2 nurses told me not too and one said to pull it back right away. then his ped. told me too.

Last edited by earthmamastyle; 10-22-2008 at 10:07 PM.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:07 PM   #5
tiredmommyof8
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaramommyof2 View Post
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT CAN IT DO?? I have actually heard very mixed things. When I was in the hosp. 2 nurses told me not oo and one said to pull it back right away. then his ped. told me too. Why can't you??
Because it is not necessary and can cause damage. The DR told you to do it because he is ill informed. And if he told you to retract it chances are during well baby office visits he'll do it. So tell him hands off! And take him some info that will inform him that it isn't necessary.

Kate~ Now an exhausted Mommy of 9!
ISO/IHA

Last edited by tiredmommyof8; 10-22-2008 at 10:11 PM.
tiredmommyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:08 PM   #6
TwosCompany
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For one thing, there IS NO REASON to retract the foreskin. Second, it HURTS!!! It's like trying to peel your fingernail off your finger--it's attached because it's supposed to be. Forcibly retracting the foreskin can cause tears. Don't do anything to it. It'll retract when it's ready.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:09 PM   #7
TwosCompany
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you take your DS back to this ped, DO NOT let him retract your DS's foreskin during an exam. Watch him like a hawk, because he could seriously hurt your LO if he forces it!
Old 10-22-2008, 10:13 PM   #8
mommyz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mama please don't retract the skin! Mama to three boys here, have NEVER retracted and their peepees are perfect. The DRs have never retracted either when they got/get their check ups.

**PLZ EMAIL ME IF YOU NEED ME!**
mommyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:14 PM   #9
earthmamastyle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredmommyof8 View Post
HOLEY MOLEY!!!!!!!! I am DEF. not going to mess with his poor penis again!! i will def. have a word with his ped! I was so focused on researching the pros and cons that I just followed what the doc. said about care and didn't think twice!!
Old 10-22-2008, 10:16 PM   #10
earthmamastyle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwosCompany View Post
If you take your DS back to this ped, DO NOT let him retract your DS's foreskin during an exam. Watch him like a hawk, because he could seriously hurt your LO if he forces it!
He did retract it a little his last visit.... oh my poor baby . I feel so terrible!!