Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-22-2008, 10:18 PM   #11
earthmamastyle
Registered Users
Formerly: barbaramommyof2
seller

My Mood:
Re: NOT CIRCUMCISING positive advice??

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwosCompany View Post
For one thing, there IS NO REASON to retract the foreskin. Second, it HURTS!!! It's like trying to peel your fingernail off your finger--it's attached because it's supposed to be. Forcibly retracting the foreskin can cause tears. Don't do anything to it. It'll retract when it's ready.
I'm sure my poor DS never cried because I did it so gently and never put any pressure. It was more like a gentle pushing very lightly. Then his last DR visit the doc said I had to aply more pressure. OH I COULD KILL HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement

earthmamastyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:25 PM   #12
TwosCompany
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Can you find another ped? I'm sorry you're having this experience!
Old 10-22-2008, 10:25 PM   #13
frogandtoad
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thread jacking ...

Why do doctors not have a clue about intact penises?? Seriously. It doesn't seem like it's so hard to have even an inkling, but I want to know why they don't just state it isn't necessary to circ in the first place and then they are clueless when it comes to caring (or leaving alone) for the thing.

There are only two lasting bequests we hope to give our children; one is roots, the other wings.
frogandtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:33 PM   #14
TieNappyQueen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogandtoad View Post
Thread jacking ...

Why do doctors not have a clue about intact penises?? Seriously. It doesn't seem like it's so hard to have even an inkling, but I want to know why they don't just state it isn't necessary to circ in the first place and then they are clueless when it comes to caring (or leaving alone) for the thing.

because sadly enough the only thing they are taught in med school about foreskin is how to remove it and all the EXTREMLY rare probs that can arise, usually form improper care, more than likey facilitated by misinformed docs There is NO info anywhere on how to leave it the heck alone!
Old 10-22-2008, 10:38 PM   #15
TieNappyQueen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaramommyof2 View Post
OK I'm changing this thread up a bit because I got so much help for my main Q. and I feel like a total idiot now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad you mama's told me though!! SOOOO glad!! So now I wanna know what I am supposed to do. anything I should know? How to clean it when it does retract on it's own. Wipe it like a finger, nothing else How do you teach your DS to clean it well? He is three now and still not retracting. Every night I ask HIM to see how much he can pull it back, i tell him to stop if it hurts or pulls. I told him that his glans is hiding out under there and that when it is ready he will be able to see it when he pulls back and to just run water over it and then go on with his business Or does this all not really matter because it stays pretty clean? I guess I have been WAY mislead!! It is like the vaja ja, it is self cleaning so no need to worry. If you see that it gets red and has these little white beads coming out DON"T WORRRY! it is smegma, say it with me, it is fun! It is a part of the begininng of retraction ( it happened a year or so ago and still nothing) so don't be alarmed.

I did not circumcise my DS he is 2 mo. The hosp. nurse told me to wait till he was 6 mo to start to pull down the forskin. His PED. told me to start right away. How do I do this? I have been working on it. Slowly pulling it down. I see red inside that slowly peaks out. Like new tissue or something. It is moving along very slowly, just barely poking out a tiny tiny bit each time. Last time I think I pushed too hard, even though I barely did. But it looks like I could have torn a tiny bit of the forskin. It never seems to bother DS. Our doc has been very vague, I don't think he agrees. I am set on my decision not to and researched it quit a bit. So I don't need any unpositive circumcision facts or anything. I was hoping to hear from mama's who have successfully pulled the whole forskin down over the penis. Tips, advice, stories. ANYTHING informative and positive!! Thanks mama's!!
Congrats on the little one and for keeping him intact!!! Spread the love mama
Old 10-22-2008, 10:40 PM   #16
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have 3 uncircumcised boys and we do nothing at all they shower and wash themselves every night and we have never had any issues.There's no special care we do I have always heard the best thing to do is leave it alone.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:43 PM   #17
hippydippymama
Registered Users
seller

NO NO NO!!! Hands off that foreskin! That goes for everyone else too! The only person that should be messing with it is your DS himself! Sorry to be so blunt mama, but you should NEVER EVER retract it. It is self-cleaning just like a vagina, you don't have to do anything extra to it. DS1's retracts now (he's 4) and we still don't do anything extra to it. Messing with the foreskin is what causes phimosis and other infections, which docs try to blame on being intact in the first place...when actually it's a result of tampering with the darn thing! Leave it alone and you'll have no problems.

Good for you for not circing, though! You made the right choice and your DS will be very thankful you left him whole.
hippydippymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:28 PM   #18
burnsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TieNappyQueen View Post
because sadly enough the only thing they are taught in med school about foreskin is how to remove it and all the EXTREMLY rare probs that can arise, usually form improper care, more than likey facilitated by misinformed docs There is NO info anywhere on how to leave it the heck alone!
Isn't it ridiculous? This day in age, where circ rates in America are on the decline and they are still giving out advice on something they seem to know nothing about. It's almost like they do it on purpose so that it gets infected, and someone can make money off of the patient, and probably be told it's best just to remove the skin after all of that.

I firmly believe that 99% of all problems with intact males arise due to bad advice like the one given to the OP. It also serves to further perpetuate the myth that foreskins are dirty, something to be removed, difficult to deal with and care for, etc.

Kudos to you for keeping him intact.

Definitely educate your doctor, b/c it is certain that he is giving out the same awful advice to others.

His body, his choice.
burnsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:40 PM   #19
hippydippymama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsis View Post
It's almost like they do it on purpose so that it gets infected, and someone can make money off of the patient, and probably be told it's best just to remove the skin after all of that.
]

I wouldn't doubt this one bit, cuz lots of cosmetic and pharmaceutical companies are eager to buy all those foreskins. Just like I also don't doubt that docs give out horrible BFing advice to get kickbacks from formula companies.
hippydippymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:42 PM   #20
salemw
Registered Users

My Mood:

My OB was also our Pedi and she is against circ. she actually said flat out she will not do it and there is no need whatsoever for it. (She always said just gently once in awhile see how far it retracts but never force it EVER. DS still checks once in awhile. who am I kidding he is always messing with his thing.) She gave us all the facts and DH decided to leave him intact. DS was a very cranky baby when he was born and he said he didn't want to make him worse....I think deep down he couldn't allow him to be hurt.