Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-24-2008, 10:23 PM   #1
jess&claire
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
what do give in place of dairy?

iam wnating to cut nursing down a little and have been giving DD a bottle in the middle to the day and maybe at night if she wil not go back to sleep. iam giving her dairy and feeling bad about it, i know that BM is the best for her but i want my cycles to get more regular so we can have another baby, aswell i would like a little break from BFing. so what do you give your LO's.
commerical dairy scars me
soy scars me aswell
was giving rice but she all the sudden refused to drink it.

please share what you did/choose for your lo's so i can deside what i want to do thanks

Advertisement

Old 10-25-2008, 01:27 PM   #2
shelbell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: what do give in place of dairy?

I just posted something similar and got lots of responses advocating goats milk and hemp milk. I checked out hemp milk and it sounds so great.
shelbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 04:30 PM   #3
jess&claire
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

our goat just dryed up and dd would drink a little, but she was not the biggest fan. and i can not see paying for goats milk when the ram just needs to do his job. i'll look into hemp i have heard good things about it as well.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:45 AM   #4
duckpondsunset
Registered Users
Formerly: duckpondatdusk
seller

My Mood:

What about organic cow's milk but with acidophilus added for digestability? We've been doing organic cow's and goat's yogurt with no negative effects, but after drinking 3 oz. of milk my guy had terrible diarrhea, so no more straight milk, but I'm thinking maybe cultured milk might work. My guy wasn't big on hemp yet (but I plan to try again), sometimes he'll drink rice, but I don't like how low in fat it is for him. The hemp has a high amount of fat and fatty acids so to me it looks like the best choice. We're planning to try oatmilk too, if I can find one w/out added sugar.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:39 PM   #5
jess&claire
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

never heard of oatmilk. were doing organic cows milk and i am okay with that, it just been on my mind alot and i needed to talk with other crunchy mamas? since we are trying to wean down.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:59 PM   #6
Rosella
Registered Users
seller

I wonder this, too - but I heard there are a lot of allergy reactions to hemp milk.

We should remember that if a situation cannot be changed, there's no point in worrying about it. If it can be changed, there is no need to worry about it either, we should simply go about changing it. His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama
Rosella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:31 PM   #7
redone5683
Banned

Almond milk is what we give DD, it's not too expensive, and it tastes ok, not like she knows, she's never had cows milk. I can't even drink it since she's still nursing.
redone5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:35 PM   #8
Jenifer
Banned

My Mood:

almond milk its awesome, my girls LOVE it!
Jenifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 07:12 AM   #9
HobbyHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mommytimestwo
seller

we have been ttc for a couple of months, dd is 11 mos old now ans still nursing, but i would really like to get pg again. I gave her some milk the other day, and she loved it, but then she spit it all back up later.
Why is cows milk not good? I have heard alot of negativity about it here, but I dont think Ive ever read a reason its not good for lo's.
And what is almond milk?
thanks!
HobbyHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:44 AM   #10
reagansmom05
Registered Users
seller

hobbyhouse- their digestive systems are not ready for cow milk till a year at least. if it hurt her tummy dont give it to her anymore, you can try again in a few months. i think giving them cow milk too soon can also contribute to developing milk intolerance, but dont quote me on that.
Anna, sahm to THREE boys [Reagan 4/25/05 & Hunter 7/17/07 & Logan 12/22/09 ] & one lost bean 2/15/09, Air Force Wife & SAHM. i love free gift cards from SWAGBUCKS!! EBATES and CloudCrowd and CASHBAQis where I earn paypal!! easy paid emails!!
reagansmom05 is offline   Reply With Quote