Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-25-2008, 09:44 PM   #21
SWEET PEA
Registered Users
seller

Re: Xmas-What are you getting the LOs?

HAS ANYONE THOUGHT ABOUT NOT GETTING THEIR KIDS ANYTHING BIG(MAYBE SOME STOCKING STUFFERS.) INSTEAD OF GIVING MY KIDS GIFTS THIS YEAR I WAS THINKING OF JUST TAKING THEM SHOPPING AND GIVING THEM A SPENDING LIMIT TO GET GIFTS FOR OUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS... I WAS CONSIDERING BOYCOTTING THE WHOLE HOLIDAY, BUT I LOVE IT SO. DOES THIS SOUND CRAZY?? DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS OR BETTER IDEAS??

Advertisement

SWEET PEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 12:06 AM   #22
arayasunshine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2LBJ View Post
I'm hoping to convince the inlaws to go together on the other large pieces other than filling my house up with annoying loud plastic junk like they do every year.
I wish someone would convince my inlaws! I HATE plastic toys with a vengence. I'm always going through my daughters room, packing up all the crappy plastic toys, and giving them to charity. The worst thing about plastic toys is that they dont last as long and they are WAY more expensive than natural toys. This year my kids are getting "bit of whimsy dolls" and wooden toys off of etsy.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:10 AM   #23
HLCreations
Registered Users
Formerly: diapermamaagain
seller

My Mood:

Going to Florida for my BIL's wedding....so this year for Christmas our LO's are getting 2 fun filled weeks in Disney!!

We're doing Disney, Sea World, the beach, Gator Land and a few other area things that aren't as big as the "major" things, but will still be fun for the LO's
Old 10-26-2008, 12:20 AM   #24
AVDesigns
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The girls are getting new bikes and some board games. DS is getting GeoTrax and some matchbox cars. We're slimming waaaay down on christmas this year both because of money issues and the fact that they usually get way too much. I am making them some things but I already have the supplies (new purses, wallets and maybe some fleece hats..I have tons of fabric I need to use up)
Old 10-26-2008, 06:05 AM   #25
nethridge
Registered Users
seller

Daaang, Maddie is going to have a way cooler kitchen than ME!
That is so cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyblackdot View Post
Im getting Maddie this: http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...se=&lang=en-US

And then some play food and plates and things to go with it (from santa)

And then i think we will get her one of these dolls from us. http://www.oompa.com/baby-toys/category.cgi?item=HA0982
Old 10-26-2008, 06:30 AM   #26
tusheez
Registered
seller

My Mood:

christmas is always crazy here the kids make their lists we hang them on the fridge the grandparents pic off that list then let us know what they are getting. As they get older its the big expensive things ugh... cell phones digital camera clothes skateboards video games (poor santa)
our youngest LO will be 9mos so i think santa is gonna bring her elmo live and those stacking type toys some diapees babylegs and some push toys to help with walking. ok now because its so stressful
Old 10-26-2008, 06:50 AM   #27
Mayghan
Registered Users
seller
seller

10 months old at Christmas:
This fisher price toy that he can walk around and has balls, no idea what it's called.
Clothes
Small little toys
I'm really out of ideas for him since we have ODS that got a million toys at Christmas the past 2 years

2.5 year old:
Skates
Helmet
Clothes
Legos

Together:
bean bag chairs
books
"tickle trunk" with halloween costumes!
Old 10-26-2008, 08:19 AM   #28
NessaL_07
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by arayasunshine View Post
I wish someone would convince my inlaws! I HATE plastic toys with a vengence. I'm always going through my daughters room, packing up all the crappy plastic toys, and giving them to charity. The worst thing about plastic toys is that they dont last as long and they are WAY more expensive than natural toys. This year my kids are getting "bit of whimsy dolls" and wooden toys off of etsy.
I totally agree mama. I have told my parents and inlaws, how I feel about plastic and MIC toys but I know they will still get her that stuff. Most likely DH's family. Soo oops I just gonna have to take it back to store I have already been giving away plastic toys or selling them. So I dont want to bring more into the house.

However I may make the exception of games like Candyland, Chutes and Ladders etc, cuz she will be old enuf to start learning to play them.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:44 PM   #29
sonshinemama
Registered Users
seller

Our boys always get books. We have a couple other little things for them. But we are saving so they can pick out souvenirs on our trip to Florida for brother's wedding at Christmas.
As a family we are getting an air hockey table (friends of ours are basically giving it too us for almost nothing) and we are trying to figure out how to get a new TV since ours is almost dead.

Swagbucks - Let's earn together!
sonshinemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 01:56 PM   #30
CarrieMF
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
we are trying to figure out how to get a new TV since ours is almost dead.
Wait until the after christmas sales. Price them out before hand though so you know the post-christmas sale is actually a sale

My kids are 6, 7 & 10. So far they're getting Nintendo DS' and slippers in thier stockings. That's as far as I've gotten.lol My oldest has her birthday on Nov 7 so I don't normally start really shopping/planning for them until after that. I know my 1 brother will buy them a game for their ds'. We're travelling again for christmas so that usually keeps thier items small. Compared to last year when they all got new loft beds christmas will be cheap.lol

My nephews are 2.5 & almost 5. The younger one loves anything that is a truck so I've been looking for a semi or something for him that isn't too young or too old. The older one does the Geotrax & Imaginex thing so I need to find out if he's still into that.