Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-27-2008, 12:51 PM   #21
eguisgirl
Registered Users
Formerly: en**doza
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone have a !gasp! nanny?

We barely even have babysitters~ A date with my hubby would sure be nice.. *sigh*

Advertisement

Old 10-27-2008, 01:04 PM   #22
patricianaps
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hthurmeier View Post
We talk about it whenever I've had a long hard day and my DH is working until after bedtime. What I really need isn't a nanny. What I need is a good, reliable babysitter that can come once or twice a week to give me a little break when my DH is working crazy overtime. I just wish I knew how to find this much needed babysitter...
Are you me? Cause this is the conversation DH and I have been having since I got pregnant with my 2 month old.

He's working from 6am to midnight today and tomorrow. At least he's working! We know there are lots of people who need jobs!
Old 10-27-2008, 01:07 PM   #23
klen
Registered Users
seller

I don't need a nanny. I might change my mind after another child. But now I don't need one. I could use a maid to help me clean. But I'd feel weird about someone in my business cleaning my mess. Just seems like I should be cleaning my own messes. That's what I was taught growing up.

FS WOOL DESTASH http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=582898
klen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:12 PM   #24
lovemyryley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I dont have one and wouldnt want one but I'd be thrilled to have a maid

lovemyryley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:15 PM   #25
lttlmelissa
Registered Users

My Mood:

Not currently, although when my 3 oldest were young we did. I was divorced and had to work. The cost of 3 in daycare was insane-we had a live in person for less than daycare.

She had a full apartment outside our home but on our property, full use of a vehicle, 2 wks paid vacation and 500.00 per week.

Let's see...in 2 years we had 1 awesome nanny and 2 horrible nanny's.

Definately not the "stay with our family long term" experience we were looking for.

She kept the house tidy, was in charge of keeping the children's rooms, children's bathroom and children's laundry. We didnt' expect heavy cleaning on top of that. I had another lady come in one half day per week to clean.

I am home a lot of the time now. What we do instead is have someone come in two half days to help me with housekeeping sometimes she does some cooking. And then we hire a babysitter when I need to do something without the children. But that doesn't happen very often! Babies are suprisingly portable
Melissa, mum to M (11)volleyball star, J (10) aspiring golf pro, E (8)equestrian, C (5)vehicular obsessed, A (8 mos) cuddly sling rider and loving husband-snug as bugs on our dream farm...coming soon Poodle Luxury Bamboo dipers and nursing pads!
lttlmelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:18 PM   #26
aidensmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I share one with another family...I work out of the home, so I utilize her for office hours. At most she comes twice a week, during my off season she comes once a week, or as planned this winter (due to budget constraints and some new medical bills) only once every two weeks I would have her come twice a week every week if I could afford her, but the other family needs her too, my off-season is there busy-season, so it works really well for us.

It's a perfect situation for us because she is amazing -- absolutely a joy with my kids...100% involvement with them 100% of the time. Occassionally she'll clean, she usually preps meals, etc. I've noticed the more she's here, the more dialed in she gets to our system and the more she cleans around the house, etc. Cleaning was clearly stated as not being her responsibility, so I am always touched when she unloads the dishwasher or something. She feels like part of our family, and one of the few people I trust my children with.
You may strive to be like them but seek not to make them like you."
-- Kahlil Gibran
aidensmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:23 PM   #27
tusheez
Registered
seller

My Mood:

i miss our nanny so much when me and DH were both working she picked the kids up from school helped with their homework cooked dinner dessert too took DS to soccer practice grocery shopped oh i loved it whe we went out of town she would stay at the house and take care of the dog and cat we never worried she graduated from college then moved back home to work and get married i told her eewww dont do thatnow i have DD and wish she'd just move back!
she just came to visit a couple weeks ago and we tried to kidnap her and her cutiepie hubby
Old 10-27-2008, 01:32 PM   #28
mom2littleman
Registered Users
Formerly: jdunn79
seller

My Mood:

I just want to clarify that we had a nanny, so that DH and I could go to work. We weren't sitting around the house watching T.V. or at tennis lessons while someone else took care of our child. I think that is the impression people have sometimes.
mom2littleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:33 PM   #29
zsusana
Registered Users
seller

Yup. We've always had one, and it's wonderful. She takes wonderful care of our daughter and truly loves her (she has the bad habit of spending the money we pay her on gifts for DD!). She really likes us, as we are laid back, give her summers off (when my mom comes to live with us), pay her reasonably well (all of DH's take home pay). We don't have to worry about packing bags, having DD dressed in the morning, she's happy to cloth diaper. When I go on maternity leave with the new baby, she'll be available to help out. It's just wonderful all around. If you didn't have a good situation, it would be a different story.
She does some light house straightening, but that's her call - I don't ask or expect her to. A nanny provides childcare. If you want cleaning, you get a maid.
As for pp who had rude things to say about children who have had nannies, well you don't know our daughter. Our working is not open for negotiation, so the alternative is she could be in daycare. I have trouble believing she'd be resentful that we had a nanny instead. If you want to say she'll be resentful against us for working, well, maybe, but she'd probably be a little resentful of us for not providing her with food, shelter and education otherwise.

Super Summer SALE at Soleil - FFS, low reserve auction and deep discounts July 8 - 12!
zsusana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:32 PM   #30
NewMotherofTwins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Smile Re: Anyone have a !gasp! nanny?

So wish i did sometimes!