Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-27-2008, 06:48 AM   #1
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
toy barn for 1 year old?

Ok, DD#2 loves the schleich horses - basically she likes realistic looking horses. So we want to get her a barn or stable for Christmas with some horses (and maybe other farm animals). Our problem is finding a barn that is sturdy enough to hold up to a rough and tumble little girl. We don't care if the barn is plastic but we do not want batteries - that is our only requirement.

Do any of you know of a nice sturdy barn that would work for a 1 year old (16 months at Christmas) that doesn't use batteries?

Advertisement

Rhianna'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:29 AM   #2
5babyz4me
Registered Users

Re: toy barn for 1 year old?

I want to say I saw one in the Magic Cabin catalog. They have some sweet little toys that wish I could afford for my children but with 5 to purchase Christmas gifts for, we have to stay on a strict budget. Try Magic Cabin and see what they have.

wife to Chris (13 years)
mom of Jenny(10), Josh(8), Ally(7), Andrew(4), Josiah(2), Ashley (1), Baby Bean EDD May 2010
5babyz4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:35 AM   #3
Kerry
Registered Users

My Mood:

We have the wooden one from Melissa and Doug. I love it. It has a handle on top which makes it easy for my girls to move it around.
-http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...=1#post6502429
Kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:35 AM   #4
babyGmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
We have the wooden one from Melissa and Doug. I love it. It has a handle on top which makes it easy for my girls to move it around.
thats what i was going to say!
Old 10-27-2008, 09:37 AM   #5
TyAndCheyMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My kids play with one that I had when I was a toddler- it is by Fisher Price- I have seen them at thrift stores all the time- so if you are really tight for money, you can try going to a thrift store!
TyAndCheyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:07 PM   #6
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I checked magic cabin out (initially for something dd#1 wants from their catalog) and didn't see anything jump out at me.

Good to know about melissa and doug - I've seen it online but since I can't actually 'see' it I wasn't sure how sturdy it was.

I assume you're talking about the old little people barn - my Mom still has ours (or did last I knew) but the horses dd likes won't fit in it. Money isn't too much of an issue - we budgets up to $100ish dollars for the barn if needed. We just don't want her to break it after only using it for a short period of time because it wasn't built with one year olds in mind.

Seems like the only barn built for 1 years old is little people and we don't want to go that route.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:32 PM   #7
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Schleich makes a wooden barn to go with their horses.

Breyer makes a wooden barn, too, though I believe their's is quite a bit bigger.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:15 PM   #8
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Do you have much experience with the schleich barn? I haven't found that one in a store to know what its like.

The breyer barns we've found in stores we think dd would break too easily. So we've ruled those out already - but they're nice looking.