Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-30-2008, 03:49 PM   #1
Sophiasmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Im having a tough time with my emotions

Well I lost my last pregnancy at 12 weeks.. The baby just died.
Ive been TTC since then and now after 3 cycles I am pregnant (5.5 weeks) anyways I dont *feel* like I have felt with all my other pregnancies
(3 others) I have tons of energy and not really eating anything as apposed to me usually at this point starving and sleeping ALOT!
Im not going to the DR for another 2 weeks and I know *if* something is wrong theres really nothing to do but I cant help but think that this pregnancy isnt going to happen. I want it sooo bad but my mind keeps telling me something is wrong or will be wrong..
Is this normal? TY

Advertisement

DD#1 5/21/04 ,DS 11/30/06 , DD#2 6/29/10 & 2 Angels
Sophiasmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 03:58 PM   #2
piccolo41099
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Im having a tough time with my emotions

I was in your shoes just a short while ago. We lost a baby in Feb, at 14 weeks.

When we got pg in April, I was on pins and needles for weeks. I even had spotting in the beginning, ahhhhh the stress that provided.
I worried non stop that something was wrong. Every appt I would be almost sick I was so worried. It really did not get better for me until I was past 14 weeks. And even today I get nervous at each appt (even though I can feel her moving).

Hang in there, it will get better. And CONGRATS on the new little one.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:05 PM   #3
patientlywaiting88
Registered Users

I just wanted to say that I am so sorry for the loss that you went through and pray that all goes well and you have a happy and healthy nine months this time around Once you get through the 1st trimester you'll feel much better.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:09 PM   #4
ForeverYoung
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

First of all, I, too, went through something almost identical. We lost our baby just after 12 weeks as well. Then, I got pregnant like 3 cycles later as well. I am now 36 weeks. It was very hard to not constantly think something was/is wrong. I know I had an early u/s, and they saw a heartbeat....I had an u/s a few weeks later, I saw the heartbeat...I've had a few more u/s since then, and EVERY time, I was nervous until I either saw the heartbeat, or watched the baby moving. Now, at 36 weeks, I feel the baby move all the time, but still am concerned from time to time if it's been too long, etc.

Long story made short: Your feelings are totally normal, and more than understandable. If ever you'd like to chat, you can feel free to PM me.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:11 PM   #5
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Totally normal!!!

The pregnancy loss thing really screws you up.

We had two losses before my DS. Then I worried until 24 weeks when he was viable. Then I went on bedrest for PTL at 27 weeks. I joke I had three weeks of enjoying my pregnancy.

My sister was so traumatized by my losses that she totally swore that her second DS's pregnancy was not okay. I went in with her at 7 weeks to "date" the pregnancy with an ultrasound, but really she just wanted to check things out.

Prayers for you baby bean.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:17 PM   #6
elioraimmanuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Praying for a healthy, full-term baby for you! Every pg is different! I pray that you have the peace you need!
Old 10-30-2008, 06:02 PM   #7
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

your feelings are totally normal, we've had 5 losses, 2 before ds and 3 after, I am about 15 weeks and still on pins and needles even though I just heard the heart beat today. I agree with a pp that losses kind of mess up the pregnancy mind - I think it's just hard becuase you suddenly realize that things don't always end up good.

My suggestion - take one day at a time, don't think too far ahead and try to focus on THIS pregnancy, and don't relate it to your lost baby - it is NOT easy, I know that, I have been into the doc three extra times just for reassurance, luckily they are very understanding and they don't mind. I think I can feel movement now but not sure about it, so I cannot wait until I can feel this lo move all the time.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious little one - it is so very hard to lose these sweet little ones. I pray that this pregnancy brings you a happy healthy 9 months!
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:38 PM   #8
Sophiasmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

ty For all of your kind words
DD#1 5/21/04 ,DS 11/30/06 , DD#2 6/29/10 & 2 Angels
Sophiasmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 12:24 PM   #9
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

My first son died at 22 weeks due to heart failure. I was only 17 and I gave birth to him with no drugs or pain medication. With each pregnancy since I was on pins and needles until I hit that 22 week mark. I even rented dopplers to hear babys heart beat any time I wanted. When my oldest son was only 3 months old I had a second loss. It tore me apart. I got pregnant right away with my now 2.5 year old, and it was so hard to keep my cool through his pregnancy. I am so sorry for your loss, and praying for a healthy baby

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote