Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-28-2008, 10:17 AM   #1
Location: Adios Hawaii- Hello Sunny San Diego Only A Few Months To Go!
28 Month Old Peed In The Potty, Now What?

So my 28 month old normally asks to sit on his potty when someone is in there. Today, he asked and actually peed. This was our first urine caught in the potty. Now what? I hadn't planned on training him until he was a bit older, had a better vocabulary and my plan was to just put him in potty training underwear(the super thick undies). Well now that I've caught a urine in the potty, showed it to him and told him it was a good thing, now what do I do?
I didn't want to make potty training "Our Life" and I didn't want it to be something that I was trying to force him to do and have it backfire and take forever. I still feel like he is a little immature for the potty training undies, and i'm not wasting money on pull ups, those things are joke, and cost way to much money! So where do you think I should go from here.
Just take him every time I go and after he eats? I was kind of caught off guard with this.

Twisted&Loc'd_Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 04:45 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: 28 Month Old Peed In The Potty, Now What?

That's kinda what happened here too. We didn't do the trainers here. I bought some underwear at the thrift store (like 10 pairs,not all fit great) and DS went in underwear. Yes I had some puddles, but I made DS clean them up. We had tried when he was 26 mths and it didn't work so we went back to diapers. But 3-4 weeks ago he started again and we just went with it. Now if I could just get him to poop on the toilet. I did'nt believe that it would "just happen" but it did.

I don't know if I answered your question, but I do understand your situation. Good luck!
~ Heidi ~ Christian Wife and Mom
DS ~ DD ~ DS
Rustic Barnyard - Custom Refinished Furniture
Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:03 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: 28 Month Old Peed In The Potty, Now What?

Im in the same boat. 26 mo old. we do 2 days of undies and potty. then she will do 2 days of peeing and pooing in the undies! ahhh.
I also bought old clothes and pull on plastic pants for excersions. I like undies bc its motivation, elmo barbie dora she loves them and I am hoping wants to keep them clean and dry.
I don't know what to expect, and don't know if going back to diapers delays her? good luck.
niajane is offline   Reply With Quote