Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-30-2006, 02:46 PM   #1
daisyprincess98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Baby wearers...

what CAN'T you do wearing DC? I am afraid to cook or bend over...

BTW, I have a moby...

Advertisement

daisyprincess98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 02:58 PM   #2
lindsayncadence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Baby wearers...

i can do mostly anything with her on my back in our napsack MT .....not as much on front though. I can bend (kneel) over to pick stuff up and clean with her i changed the sheets on our bed and she fell asleep when i was doing that lol
Old 10-30-2006, 03:10 PM   #3
MyGlorylife
Registered Users
Formerly: WrapHappy
seller
seller

My Mood:

as a newborn in a FWCC (using RAYA wrap) I could do anything- It is so secure I could probably have done a cart wheel! LOL- once babes get to big and thus "in the way" in front then I can do everything I need/want to with them in a back carry (still using the same wrap)...Minda
Old 10-30-2006, 03:13 PM   #4
sheandaru
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can only cook & iron if my ds is on my back. As long as I do a BWCC with a chest belt, I feel he's secure back there in the Moby. If I'm feeling lazy & not wanting to go through a bwing ordeal to get him back there, I'll throw him in the MT or a rucksack using a SPoC (simple piece of cloth).

sheandaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 03:21 PM   #5
daisyprincess98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

is it easier to get them on your back in a MT? I can't do it alone in a moby, when is when i need her back there!

ETA: pics would be helpful!

Last edited by daisyprincess98; 10-30-2006 at 03:23 PM.
daisyprincess98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 03:37 PM   #6
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I can do just about anything with Tharen on my back in a Mei Tai. And with a little practice I now find it super easy to get him back there. I have been wearing him on my back since he was about 4 months old. I tie the waist straps and leave the body of the carrier hanging. Then I pop him up over my shoulder and situate him on my back. Then I just pull the body up good and snug over him, give a couple of hops to make sure the straps are tight and either cross them across my chest (most comfortable but not so attractive) or rucksack them and then depending on the length of the straps I tie them in back or cross them behind his bottom and bring them back around front to tie. He is very secure up there. I can cook and do chores and play with my older son. THe only thing I can't do is pee.
iris0110 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 03:42 PM   #7
afishwithabike
Registered Users

My Mood:

There's not too much I can't do since I have about four or five different carriers. I try not to keep myself limited. Each one serves a specific function. Gotta love babywearing.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:15 PM   #8
fostermomcchr
Registered Users
seller

hehehe, the only thing I haven't done while wearing a baby is have sex! I have been having such high needs fosterbabies the last several years that I just have learned how to do everything while wearing a baby-but I do draw the line at having sex while wearing a baby! If I am cooking, I will not hold a baby if I am frying something that will splatter and burn, move a heavy pot, use the deep fryer at all or remove anything from the oven, but these are for the safety of the baby, not b/c I fear I will drop them, really just don't want the baby to get burned. The ladies at church laugh, cuz when I don't have a fosterbaby, I still do most things with one hand without even realizing it. I now use a peanut shell and love it, I have used a ring sling for the past 12 yrs, my youngest lived in his sling for 2 yrs. I have only had a couple fosterbabies that just didn't like babywearing, most love it so much. I even had one that would get so excited whenever he saw me pull it out, I ended up sending one with him when he was adopted just cuz I wanted to make sure he would have that comfort for his transition.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:12 PM   #9
loni1090
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can''t go to the bathroom...Well, I never tried LOL
Old 10-31-2006, 10:25 AM   #10
babiesabove
Registered Users
seller

I put dd on my back in my ringsling and have basically no limitations. Same goes for my MT, I just prefer my ring sling because it's faster.