Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-31-2008, 11:57 AM   #1
Primm_n_Proper_Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Spokane Mommas!!! What days/times work best for you now that schools in session?

Vote for the two or three most convenient times/days! We'd like to meet once a week and start rotating through North, Valley, South locations again! Also feel free to post ideas as to where to meet!

The south hill (and north side???) toddler story times are Thursday AMs at 10:00

Advertisement

Old 10-31-2008, 12:02 PM   #2
Primm_n_Proper_Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Spokane Mommas!!! What days/times work best for you now that schools in session?

HmmK... not sure what happened there but the poll never came up . So, post in the thread

My ideal days - Weds, Thurs or Fri mornings from 10:00 on

What if we did the 1st *add day of the week here* of the month Valley, the 2nd *add of the week* of the month North, and the 3rd *add day of the week here* of the month South and then the last meeting of the month we planned something in the evening or on the weekend and make it a family get together where daddies are able to come too. And, yes, I'm saying my DH needs friends . It could be as simple as meeting at McDs Friday night for icecream or something or meet at Five Mile Pizza on a Sunday afternoon or something? Just a thought
Old 10-31-2008, 11:20 PM   #3
mamamoo
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Spokane Mommas!!! What days/times work best for you now that schools in session?

tHURSDAYS ARE BEST FOR ME. i PROBABLY WON'T MAKE IT TO MANY OF THE VLLEY MEETINGS...i SUCK, BUT AM POOR AND CAN'T AFFORD THE GAS.
Old 11-01-2008, 01:34 PM   #4
Smidgerooski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I prefer Tues, Wed, Thurs meet ups.

As for a once a month family meetup, that would be awesome.
Smidgerooski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 02:52 PM   #5
Lyttlewon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thursdays are best for us.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:43 AM   #6
thequestess
Registered Users

Hi, I'm new here but I live in Spokane.
What kind of meeting are you talking about?

ETA: Ok, so I read down in some of the other threads. You're just a group of CDing mamas who like to meet up to hang out?

I noticed you had a previous meeting on a Thursday at 10 am... so I'm going to venture you haven't heard of Spokane Mindful Mamas and do a little plug for them here.
spokanemindfulmamas.org
They meet on Thursdays at 10:30 at Yoga Shala (formerly City Yoga). A lot of the moms there CD, as well as a lot of other cruncy-mama type things... home birth, extended breastfeeding, no vaccines, attachment parenting, etc. But, not everyone does, so it's not like you'd be left out if you didn't.
It's a great community, and a great place to learn things or just vent.

Right now I can't go because I'm a college student and have classes at the same time (so sad), but I went all summer and it's great. I'll be going back over winter break too.

If you decide to go, feel free to mention that you found out about the group from Rachel. :-D

As for these meetups... maybe I can make one sometime if it fits my schedule.
I'm so incredibly busy though. Weekends are good for me, MAYBE evenings. So are Monday and Wednesday afternoons (because I have my little girl all to myself, so I generally can't get any studying done then anyways).

Last edited by thequestess; 11-02-2008 at 10:59 AM.
thequestess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 10:57 AM   #7
Smidgerooski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thequestess View Post
Welcome mama!

We generally meet up at a coffee shop (that is child friendly), a library for story time or something of the like. In the summer we meet up at a park.

It's casual and fun

I hope you will join us soon

Where in Spokane are you? I'm in the Valley.
Smidgerooski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 03:58 PM   #8
Fairyblue
Registered Users
Formely: aidan_madisons_mom
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

ETA: Ok, so I read down in some of the other threads. You're just a group of CDing mamas who like to meet up to hang out?

I noticed you had a previous meeting on a Thursday at 10 am... so I'm going to venture you haven't heard of Spokane Mindful Mamas and do a little plug for them here.
spokanemindfulmamas.org
They meet on Thursdays at 10:30 at Yoga Shala (formerly City Yoga). A lot of the moms there CD, as well as a lot of other cruncy-mama type things... home birth, extended breastfeeding, no vaccines, attachment parenting, etc. But, not everyone does, so it's not like you'd be left out if you didn't.

Right now I can't go because I'm a college student and have classes at the same time (so sad), but I went all summer and it's great. I'll be going back over winter break too.

If you decide to go, feel free to mention that you found out about the group from Rachel. :-D

I'm so incredibly busy though. Weekends are good for me, MAYBE evenings. So are Monday and Wednesday afternoons (because I have my little girl all to myself, so I generally can't get any studying done then anyways).

Small world! I know a few mamas in that group. I keep meaning to go to Yahoo to join and get sidetracked.

Fairyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 03:59 PM   #9
Fairyblue
Registered Users
Formely: aidan_madisons_mom
seller

My Mood:

I'm open pretty much from 9-3 on call on Wed but Dh is usually home before noon and I can alway leave and come back to get him.

i don't mind switching places each week or month.

Fairyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 06:01 PM   #10
Lyttlewon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

spokanemindfulmamas.org

I know a lot of women from Mindful Mamas I just am not a member myself.