Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-05-2006, 07:22 PM   #1
Menfusse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Should we go back to the dr.?

A little history. Dd has had a runny nose with occasional cough for 2 weeks now. She often has a snotty nose and cough, but is never bothered by them, not even when there is a fever involved. She is usually still playful and happy. So thursday she was just very cranky and whiney. I was thinking that she teething again and didn't think too much of it. Friday she wakes up and is just not acting right. She won't get down and is whimpering and crying. Not really awake but not asleep. I think that maybe the cold has turned into a sinus infection or something like that, so I take her to the peds. She did a cbc and it was normal, so she said it is still probably viral, but wrote me a script of an antibiotic for just in case. She said if her drainage gets very thick green or she gets a fever to go ahead and fill it. So by friday afternoon, she spiked a fever of 103.6. I called just to be sure about starting the antibiotic and the ped said to go ahead and fill it. If it is viral it will run its course, if its bacteria she's covered, and since she has had this for awhile now with new onset of fever...we may have just got the cbc early and didn't see an increase in her wbc.

So we started it, and as of tonight, she still has a fever and is still acting very ill. She just kind of whimpers and whines and wants me to hold her all the time. She raises her head up only occasionally. She did perk up a bit when her fever was down some, but when she got down, she was very unsteady and stumbled a lot. She walked like a drunk.

So should I give the ped a call tomorrow if she is still acting so sick? I don't know what can be done...but I just worry that is acting so sick. It is definately more than a cold. I am not one to worry too much either about fevers and snot. She just isn't acting right. So would you guys call if it were you?

Advertisement

Old 11-05-2006, 09:11 PM   #2
eightcowwife
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Should we go back to the dr.?

If she's not acting right and your gut tells you somethinf=gs not right I would definatly take her in.
eightcowwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 09:15 PM   #3
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

i agree with pp, id take her in too and make them run more tests, i hope she feels better soon. dont give motrin neither, it lowers the platelettes in the body, give her tylenol if she gets a fever again
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 07:43 AM   #4
Menfusse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks guys, I have a call in right now. Just waitng to hear back. Thanks for tip on motrin, but I don't give her that anyway. She has some stomach issues and motrin can cause her some problems. But I have used it with my older dd though, and won't now.