Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2006, 07:22 PM   #1
Menfusse's Avatar
Menfusse
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,909
My Mood:
Should we go back to the dr.?

A little history. Dd has had a runny nose with occasional cough for 2 weeks now. She often has a snotty nose and cough, but is never bothered by them, not even when there is a fever involved. She is usually still playful and happy. So thursday she was just very cranky and whiney. I was thinking that she teething again and didn't think too much of it. Friday she wakes up and is just not acting right. She won't get down and is whimpering and crying. Not really awake but not asleep. I think that maybe the cold has turned into a sinus infection or something like that, so I take her to the peds. She did a cbc and it was normal, so she said it is still probably viral, but wrote me a script of an antibiotic for just in case. She said if her drainage gets very thick green or she gets a fever to go ahead and fill it. So by friday afternoon, she spiked a fever of 103.6. I called just to be sure about starting the antibiotic and the ped said to go ahead and fill it. If it is viral it will run its course, if its bacteria she's covered, and since she has had this for awhile now with new onset of fever...we may have just got the cbc early and didn't see an increase in her wbc.

So we started it, and as of tonight, she still has a fever and is still acting very ill. She just kind of whimpers and whines and wants me to hold her all the time. She raises her head up only occasionally. She did perk up a bit when her fever was down some, but when she got down, she was very unsteady and stumbled a lot. She walked like a drunk.

So should I give the ped a call tomorrow if she is still acting so sick? I don't know what can be done...but I just worry that is acting so sick. It is definately more than a cold. I am not one to worry too much either about fevers and snot. She just isn't acting right. So would you guys call if it were you?

Advertisement

__________________
Melissa
Mommy to: E 11-29-05 and A 9-25-01
Menfusse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 09:11 PM   #2
eightcowwife's Avatar
eightcowwife
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 720
My Mood:
Re: Should we go back to the dr.?

If she's not acting right and your gut tells you somethinf=gs not right I would definatly take her in.
eightcowwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 09:15 PM   #3
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: ~*West Coast*~
Posts: 61,873
My Mood:
Re: Should we go back to the dr.?

i agree with pp, id take her in too and make them run more tests, i hope she feels better soon. dont give motrin neither, it lowers the platelettes in the body, give her tylenol if she gets a fever again
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 07:43 AM   #4
Menfusse's Avatar
Menfusse
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,909
My Mood:
Re: Should we go back to the dr.?

Thanks guys, I have a call in right now. Just waitng to hear back. Thanks for tip on motrin, but I don't give her that anyway. She has some stomach issues and motrin can cause her some problems. But I have used it with my older dd though, and won't now.
__________________
Melissa
Mommy to: E 11-29-05 and A 9-25-01
Menfusse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.