Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-14-2006, 11:20 PM   #1
lindsayncadence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
new to CD

I have a few fitted and love them except that they are soo cute then i put an udly cover on them grrr also have a few pockets and aios....

I would like cute cover ideas and aslo what do you stuff your pockets with i got a pocket and never even thought about it so i put two gerber cloth things (burp rags that are diapers) folded them and put it in the pocket and had no leaks but is there anything easier?? also my dd is skinny and wears medium dipes but some leak just at the legs any help with that???

Advertisement

lindsayncadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 11:30 PM   #2
mommyof2girls
Registered Users

Re: new to CD

What pocket are you using? Maybe a small would work? FB are pretty good with being able to get a snugger fit around the legs and waist!
I stuff pockets with either the free microfiber inserts, or with a microfiber towel that I get at Target!

We tend to go coverless a lot! (only while at home though)
Old 05-14-2006, 11:49 PM   #3
mommy2zander
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Don't really know what to tell you about the fitteds issue... I made a few fitteds & felt sad about covering them up also! As the pp said you can go coverless at home...

As far as pockets, you can use hemp (which is a little more trim, but generally a lot more costly!) or you can use microfiber (which you can purchase at target, walmart or sams (they have the best deal & you can shop there without a membership as long as you pay the 15% markup & even then, it's still the best deal) These towels folded in thirds & stiched around the edges make great economical inserts!

As far as leaking, are the diapers previously used? And are they being put on tight enough? Leaving the leg opening too large can cause leaks. Another cause of leaks is not using polyester thread when resewing them after fixing elastic or not drying them on high to seal up any old holes for original threads.
mommy2zander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 05:24 AM   #4
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

I to am new to cd but I found that I hate the boring covers over the darling fitteds. I'll probably just go coverless at home. I do search for the darling covers and I have found a ton!! Mostly Wigglewormbottoms and some WAHM ones.

For the pockets a preemie or infant prefold works, microfiber towel (found in automotive dept.) or you can order some from a lot of mamas here.

With the leaking I would say to check the fit, too loose or to tight could cause that, If they are used then you may want to spray a bit of waterproofing spray around the legs. I have not dealt with this one yet so you may want to ask a few expierences mamas.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:09 AM   #5
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:

You just need to find cute covers! Wool is cute, and it can be their pants/shorts for the day as well, which is nice. Also check out My Precious Baby by April, she has cute covers pretty cheap. She is making me some custom painted covers, too. She is super nice to work with. Check out her day to Night AIO instock section to see some of her cute painted covers. www.mypreciousbabybyapril.com They're only $16!
Old 05-15-2006, 09:10 AM   #6
Namaste

Peace To All Who Enter
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Sounds like we have the same structured children. I use FBs with the MOE inserts and never have a problem. She's long and lean. I also like Swaddlebees with the microterry insert. I don't like hemp inserts with either diaper as to me they are too heavy, but I think I'll use them as a double stuff when she gets older.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:00 AM   #7
Hillbilly Bunny
Registered Users

My Mood:

I love DuckyBuns inserts for my pockets. They are super trim and absorbant

I like BSWW covers and Airflow covers. Those are two I think are dependable IMO
Old 05-15-2006, 12:49 PM   #8
ChurchPunkMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have lots of adorable fitteds. We go coverless alot at home. For cute covers, I go with Wiggle Worm Bottoms or Strawberries N Sunshine - best prices and great covers!
ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:51 PM   #9
lindsayncadence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

dont the fitteds leak w/o covers? also i have a fleece cover and i put it over a fitted and it leaked???? soo confused and also can ppl give me links to sites with cute covers
lindsayncadence is offline   Reply With Quote