Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-11-2008, 10:24 PM   #1
justmarie17
Registered Users

Cloth sacks/alternatives to zip locks for carrying pump parts?

Sometimes I don't have time to wash my pump parts at work after I pump, or I just have time for a quick rinse. After that I put them in a big zip lock bag, and stick it in my pump backpack to wash at home. I try to reuse/recycle as much as possible, so I wash the zip locks to reuse. I'm sick of washing zip locks though, so I'm looking for an alternative. I would love to buy 5-10 cloth bags (drawstring or just open cloth bags), so that I can just throw them in the laundry when I get home. I don't want to spend a lot. They don't need to be lined with PUL or anything, because the parts aren't that wet. I would like to buy a set of them somewhere if possible (probably cheaper than buying individually). I looked on Etsy, but it's hard to sort through all the stuff that comes up, and I don't want to pay $4.00+ per bag ($40 for 10 cloth bags to use like zip locks seems silly to me). Any ideas???? Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 11-11-2008, 10:31 PM   #2
jmasterson
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Cloth sacks/alternatives to zip locks for carrying pump parts?

Good question! I also just rinse out my plastic baggies and re-use them.
jmasterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 04:23 AM   #3
joy7s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would try Chico bags or the like?? they're not too expensive.
Spring Joy Jesus following,cding, extended bfing,tandem nursing (again!) , homeschooling, mama milk donating, semi crunchy and green mama. Unemployed ped RN married to my one and only n asl Terp since 2/16/00
my three princesses: a (6/26/04) s (9/15/06) and Z (8/5/08)
and little man Z (11/12/10)
joy7s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 06:59 AM   #4
RebeccaMomof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hmm I was going to suggest just getting a small wetbag and using that to prevent any spills...I am not SUPER familiar with Chico bags, but think they might suit your needs...sorry wish I could help more
RebeccaMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:23 AM   #5
txmom72
Registered Users

My Mood:

I use my dish towels to wrap them in. That way I have something in case I need it. Then they go into the wash, usually every other day or so.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:36 AM   #6
martimeCDnewbie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

at our dollar store..in the gift wrapping section they have cloth gift bags with drawstring...what abot something like that..they are inexpensive..and you could just throw them in the washer..!!

Good Luck
Old 11-12-2008, 10:11 AM   #7
Mamma527
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've been thinking the same thing. I only take the parts I need to wash home wrapped in a dish towel and then in a ziplock bag, this way no one can see what's in the bag. I just wipe the parts down at the end of the day since I'm going to wash them when I get home. Since the bag doesn't get dirty I just put my coupons in it at the end of the week. I was thinking a cloth bag would be nice so it wouldn't look so funny carrying around a Ziploc bag with a towel in it. I’m thinking I could probably just make one, but I haven’t had time to sit down and make one.
Mamma527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:24 PM   #8
justmarie17
Registered Users

Thanks for all the great ideas!! That's why I love these forums- all of those, "Now why didn't I think of that?" revelations. I think I will check at a Dollar store for fabric gift bags, and use a dishtowel in the meantime. I'm going to look up Chico bags now too- I hadn't heard of those.