Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 11-11-2008, 04:22 PM   #1
mama z
Registered Users
My Mood:
Desperately Seeking Nursing Bra

I'm X-posting this on every Mom-type board I frequent. The more people I can ask who have boobs the better.

Sigh. I just received in the mail my second nursing bra in as many days. Neither are acceptable. The first was a bamboo nursing tank that gave me a una-boob. The second was this one...and it's pretty and all and fit very well, but the way you latch and unlatch the cup to nurse is totally whacked. I could barely do it with two hands let alone one - ds is a squirmy little fellow and I need to be able to latch and unlatch with ease.

Now is probably a good time to mention that I'm a size 36 G and don't wear underwire. Shopping in person is not an option when you wear anything larger than a DD.

All my nursing bras are 38 DDDs and because they are too wide across the back I'm starting to have some pain. I'm getting zero support and with girls like mine a little support is mandatory. Of course it doesn't help that I have to haul around my 20+ 7 month old.

Please, can someone point me to **THE** bra.

AP Mama to Isadora 9/30/3 and Graeme 4/9/8
Kvetch My Drift
mama z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:29 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Desperately Seeking Nursing Bra

This is my absolute favorite. It has a bit of uniboob, but not bad. I've been wearing it under knits for a year without complaint.
Elizabeth: Mama to Vivian (10.1.2007) and Helen (4.25.2009)

Super Summer SALE at Soleil - FFS, low reserve auction and deep discounts July 8 - 12!
zsusana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 05:43 PM   #3
"Life's tough. Get a helmet."
My Mood:

This was my fav!

I have trouble latching ALL of the different styles of hooks one handed at some point (they take practice. I liked the way these fit, though!
Deanna, wife to Matus :wave2: mama to Lukas (5) and Emma (3) , dogmom to Abby, and feather-mom to a WHOLE MESS of chickens, ducks, turkeys & quail.
Deanner03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:04 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

This is the one I am wearing and I love. But my breasts are small, so I have no idea hoe it will fit bigger breasts. They have a lot more on their site and I am in love with their pregnancy clothes. The quality is superb.
A, married to P and SAHM to ds 12/ 2007 and brand new dd 06/ 2011
cedricsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:31 PM   #5
Registered Users

Birth and Baby is a great site to check out. They have a sizing guide, and not just band/cup sizing, but they have a "breast shape code". Plus, they have great shipping so you can get lots of bras to try on, and send back the ones you don't like without worry! They do seem to be out of stock quite a bit, but they will email you and let you know when they expect to get your order. They are REALLY great to work with and very nice!!!
Mallory: wife to S (8/07) , momma to DS B (5/08)
AP'ing, BF'ing, BW'ing, CS'ing, CD'ing, Non-vaxing, Non-circing, natural birthing SAHM
Enjoy those moments of "oh, so funny" and other parenting stories at:
mommamally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:36 PM   #6
Registered Users

I agree that the hooks/latches on all nursing bras take time to get use to. I think the best nursing bras are by Bravado

My favorite is the Original Nursing Bra, but I have a small bust. For your size check out the Supreme Nursing Bra. HTH
mama to dd (8), ds1 (6), ds2 (3), ds3 (1)
spookykitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:06 PM   #7
Registered Users

OOOh...another girl like me! I wear between a 36E and a 36G depending on where I am in pg/nursing/ are right...too many bras with unaboob-i hate that! I second PP that mentioned the bravado, now I have to say my bravado does not go perfectly under t-shirts, but some of their other models might! They do size for us larger boob girls that don't have a larger chest band requirement.

I actually asked the lady at VS for a 36E and she (you know the 17 yo size 0) told me that VS doesn't carry plus sizes...since when is a 36 plus?

The bravado nursing tanks are lovely comfy, but there is a bit of sports bra almost unaboob thing going on...but oh, are they comfy!
princesshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:22 PM   #8
Registered Users
My Mood:

I got one online which i haven't tried but I think it's called Fancy free it was $31 wtih free shipping.
I'm a 36g as well...
I'm a Airforce wife married 7 yrsa SAHM to Riah(5) and Eli(3) and Cheyenne(4months)still new to so any advice is great!
thirdbabyonway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:42 PM   #9
Registered Users
My Mood:
Personally i like the fit of this one. It's supportive as well. I was worried it was going to be too supportive and therefore uncomfortable, as i was clipping the back, but once i had it on it was kind of like "ahhhh...that's better". I am having to exchange it for a bigger size because i ended up ordering the size i am now instead of the size i will be later! I wear a 34H normally and i'm up to a 38H/I at the moment if that helps you.

The royce bra you tried, i also tried, and it didn't support at all, not to mention it wasn't the most comfortable, although better than a few others i had when nursing DS!

As for nursing tanks, i would love to find one that works, but i doubt it will ever happen. The inner bra shelf is never big enough to go over them and still keep them up esp without a uni-boob!
Leigh, married to James WAHM mom to Jared (12/26/02) and Mia (12/28/08)
Puddle Magic, find me on: Made by Military Wives
and on Princess Fluffy Butt on HC
Will be around from time to time
import_the_best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:54 AM   #10
Registered Users
My Mood:

I feel your pain, mama. I wear a 36 G. I have yet to find a bra I absolutley love, but I do have some favorites. I buy most of my bras from Her prices are good and after your first purchase, she sends a coupon code for 10% off future purchases. She also stocks medela pump parts.

Some of my favorites are:
Goddess #511 - the clasp does take two hands, but it keeps my breast where they are supposed to be - I find that support lacking in most nursing bras
Anita #5068 - comfy, not quite as supportive as I would like

I didn't like the bravado bra I had - not only did it give the infamous uniboob, but I though the support was sadly lacking. I haven't found any nursing tanks I like for the same reasons.
Married to DH, Ronald with three little ones ~ DS, Noah (11/04); DD, Samantha (9/06); & DD, Arianna (12/08)
fda.dvm is offline   Reply With Quote