Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-12-2008, 08:12 AM   #11
cheygirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Share the cute things your LO does regarding nursing!

At night, when DD is ready to switch sides, she sends her hand out on a reconnaissance mission to look for the boob #2, before she unlatches #1. I feel her hand patting my face, shoulder, etc, as she feels around for it. As soon as her hand lands on target, she pops off of #1 and divebombs for #2. All with her eyes closed.

Advertisement

Old 11-12-2008, 08:50 AM   #12
MommyToNoah
Registered Users
seller

These are all so sweet.
If I ask DS if he wants so mommy milk, he has this funny laugh/cry thing he does, grabs his love love and walks over to me. I also find it hilarious how the sight of my boob can stop him in his tracks.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:15 AM   #13
starbuckmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am not nursing my ds anymore. It's been almost 2 years since we weaned He's 3 now. Anyways, once he got older and he would notice me going to unlatch my bra thru the neck of the shirt, he would get all excited and make this numm numm sound and come over to me as fast as possible! Also, when he wanted to nurse, he would come over and pull on the front of my shirt to let me know.

Ahh, I miss nursing my ds. I can't wait till my twins are born so I can do this all over again!
starbuckmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:58 AM   #14
hlmurray99
Registered Users
seller

DS is only 7 weeks, so I don't have tons of experience, but I love when he is nursing and grabs onto my bra for dear life. Or the sounds he first makes when he is latching on and gulping down milk. Or especially when he falls asleep and unlatches, his eyes start to roll back in his head, and he does that half-sleeping smile while milk dribbles down the side of his mouth.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:08 AM   #15
MommaBunny
10% of Profits Donated to Wildlife
seller

My Mood:

Awwww!!! These are all so cute!

My DD has done what we call "kitten paws" from day one. She'll flex her hands on my breast while she's nursing in a rhythmic motion, the way kittens do when they're nursing. It's so cute!

She also tells me that she wants to nurse by sucking on my cheek. She's such a strange child, but it's cute!

When she was younger, she used to pull my nipple and try to bring it to her mouth. Sorry, honey, it doesn't work like that.

Oh, and I agree with the PPs who say that the sounds they make when they're nursing are the best. We call the breast "nom-nom" because it's always sounded like she's saying "Om nom nom nom nom nom nom..." when she's eating.

Last edited by MommaBunny; 11-12-2008 at 10:09 AM.
MommaBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:16 AM   #16
clothmamaof4
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Alex pets me, he rubs his hand across my breast and arm and belly whatever he can get to and his skin is so soft it just makes me melt! He also has started the smiling mid-nursing thing, so cute! He's got milk running down his cheek, nipple in his mouth and the biggest double dimpled grin He also holds my breast (like a bottle) sometimes and grabs onto my shirt or bra when I try to detach him after he's fallen asleep, he never wants to let go The sounds and the cuddling and everything is just so great.

Last edited by clothmamaof4; 11-12-2008 at 10:18 AM.
clothmamaof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:24 AM   #17
evemarieisrad
Registered Users

if i only have one boob out and micheline is eating from it, she will sign milk until i get the other one out. she is never satisfied with one.
evemarieisrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:19 AM   #18
mom4organics
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

These were soooooooo fun to read!!!! GREAT THREAD MAMA!!!! My DS is 6mo and whenever I take him to feed he starts pulling up toward my boob before i even get it out,, opens his mouth wide and goes ahh, ahh, ahh,... until i give it to him. Then his hands go wild and he looks for something to grab on to so that i wont pull him away. He once got hold of my other nipple. Ouh!!. Then when BF if DH walk in, he lets go and turns to look w/his eyes so wide and this bewildered look as if saying "why are you interupting!", then turns and latches back on. He does cute things all the time, but this is my latest favorite. He also likes to hum/sign himself to sleep white BF. Sooooo cute. He is just becoming so much fun.!!!
mom4organics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:47 AM   #19
Geckmumto3
Registered Users

My Mood:

Oh, gosh, I love this thread.... I swear I am feeling let down just sitting here reading this.

My DS is a "petter" too-- he will lightly stroke my boob, or the other one, and knead it like a kitten sometimes. The moments I love though, is when older DS or DD come up by his head while he is nursing, and he pops off and gives them the milky smile. Melts my heart....
Geckmumto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:13 PM   #20
cheygirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ok i'm adding another one.

The other day, DD was taking a momentary break from nursing, while we were watching the local news. There was a story about a runaway wallaby so she said, "wayabee" which I thought was sooo cute and i wanted to hear her say it again. She latched back on and I said, "oh did you see that little wallaby? Can you say 'wallaby'?"

She looked up at me, unlatched, and said, "I'm nursing." and then relatched. I felt a little sheepish. She sure told me.