Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-12-2008, 04:55 PM   #1
jacquelinemarie82
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
What is the youngest age that you have ever heard of PL?

This includes children that you personally know or know of....what is the earliest age that you have heard of a child pling? Just curious...seems like it gets later and later and I just heard of some people waiting until 5 years old to completely train. Also I have heard some local moms say that their kid learned due to entrance to preschool or thru a babysitter or older sibling that helped them learn but it wasn't the mama that taught them. To me, this question refers to a child knowing that he/she has to go potty and letting you know in whatever way including telling you or a sign language gesture and then going on the potty and doing that consistently during the day...I know accidents can happen for awhile after the fact but an accident might be once a week or every once in awhile for sake of definition to this question.

Just curious.

Advertisement

jacquelinemarie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:22 PM   #2
happymommyto2
Registered Users
seller

Re: What is the youngest age that you have ever heard of PL?

My grandma says my mom was trained right after her first birthday and waking on her own and going to the potty on her own at night time by 18 months. The youngest I have ever known of personally is my own DD I guess. She trained right before 15 months. I am sure I have known younger but just didn't know how early they potty learned.
happymommyto2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:06 PM   #3
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:
Re: What is the youngest age that you have ever heard of PL?

My niece was fully potty trained a couple of months or so before she turned two. She was able to go out in public with panties on before she turned two. She was staying with an older lady during the day at that time and this lady potty trained her. I thought it was very impressive that she could go out in public with panties on before she was two.

That's all I can remember the exact ages of. All of us in my family were potty trained right around two years of age. I was grown before I ever heard of a child very much past their second birthday not fully potty trained.

This is not early but my first daughter PL at 24 months and my second one PL at 23 months. My kids are sort of PLing my son who is 18 months. They have their work cut out for them but I think they can do it.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote