Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 11-12-2008, 10:17 AM   #1
10% of Profits Donated to Wildlife
My Mood:
7 Month Old Suddenly Won't Eat Solids

DD's been getting solids since she was 5 months and three weeks, and she's now 7 months and one week.

She took to solids VERY eagerly at first--even a little too eagerly. She wanted to eat solids all the time and had gotten to the point that she wasn't nursing nearly as often.

Then, suddenly, three days ago, she decided out of the blue that she didn't want to eat solids anymore. It might have to do with me giving her green beans for the first time, which she didn't like? I really don't know.

Now, she won't even eat her favorite foods, like bananas and carrots, and she won't take cereal, even if it's thinned with a bunch of breastmilk. I've had to throw away so much food because she's just not taking any of it.

Should I call the pediatrician? Or try to force-feed her? Or just not sweat it, since she's still getting everything she needs from the booby?

[CENTER]Herbalist AP WAH-Mama to my ADORED Daughter, 4/2/08 . Married to my Best Friend! [B]
MommaBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:39 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: 7 Month Old Suddenly Won't Eat Solids

I wouldn't sweat it at this point as long as she's not losing weight and is nursing plenty. My dd didn't start eating solids until around 7 or 8 months and even then it wasn't a regular basis or that often until she showed me she wanted more. Sometimes babies can go through a stage that they don't want the solids, my daughter did that a couple of times. She will come back around to them. If you see her losing weight or something else concerning linked with her not eating solids then I would take more steps, but otherwise this can be normal.
Trisha-wife to Adam, proud to be a: mom to Breann, Brayden and Travis
one_lucky_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:14 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

I wonder mama, if she is not going thru a growth spurt. Maybe she is just happy with nursing right now. She might have hit a plateau and is not wanting eat solids right now. Just keep nursing and she will be fine. Maybe offer something a little bit each day and see if she wants something. I would worry only if she was losing weight.
Lynn, married to Jason, the worlds sexiest husband
SAHM to Nate and twins Riley and Jonathan and Lydia
"A Mother is Gods Love in Action"- Anon
starbuckmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:20 AM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

My DD has refused solids for the past 3 weeks or so. I'm not sweating it. She's getting breastmilk like crazy. I try to give her pureed food or oatmeal most days, we give her whole fruits to play with... nothing. She might lick the whole fruits but that's about it. She used to take some foods but now she just doesn't want it. She's went from not scooting around to almost crawling full fledged so I don't think she's a candidate for failure to thrive, etc.
another amanda | mama to viveka, my sunshine & rohan, my vbac toddler
tandeming | content contributor | opinionated full-time telecommuting | unequally-yoked Catholic Wife
Let me be your bag lady! THIRTY-One? Check out my giveaways!
Paying for two in child care? An au pair may be cheaper! Great for families who need flexibility!
ammcmaho is offline   Reply With Quote