Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-15-2006, 06:32 AM   #1
trinmama
Registered Users
seller

Something has GOT to give

Short story: took the crib down so I could lay with dd (18 mo) to get her to sleep since i can't bend over the side anymore with a third tri belly. Dd was sleeping wonderfully until we took the crib down. Now I'm up with her at least twice a night. She is SO restless and active in her sleep that she keeps hitting the wall or having her head fall off the bed (the toddler mattress is just on the floor with couch cushions next to for me to lay on). I think that's partly why she keeps waking up now. I don't think it's safe to go back to the crib because she climbs like a monkey now and i'm sure she'd get out. OH, forgot to mention: now that I am 33+ weeks, it kills my back to lay on the cushions for multiple hours a night when I am with her getting her back to sleep/keeping her sleeping. AND, I really want her to get back on her sleeping all night routine without me so I can focus on dd #2 in 6 weeks (wishful thinking, eh?)
So I need your advice: get a real bed and twin mattress, with side rails? Tough it out? See if she'll go back to sleep on her own? I just cannot keep up with the 3-4 wakings and 3-5 hours i spend in her room anymore....
HELP!

Advertisement

trinmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 04:49 PM   #2
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

Re: Something has GOT to give

I would suggest a twin mattress on the floor. That's what we plan to do with 3 1/2 yo ds soon, so we can lay with him. Right now we lay on the floor next to his toddler bed, but of course that's uncomfortable as you know.
When I was preggo a few months ago, dh did most of the laying since it was so uncomfy for me. Is your dh willing to do that? If not, I say invest in a twin mattress and lay down with your little one, maybe get a little sleep.
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 05:25 PM   #3
Lucky Child
AKA The Evil Twin
Formerly: rrandle
seller

My Mood:
Re: Something has GOT to give

Hi! We transitioned our dd to a twin bed with one side against the wall and then side rails at 16 months. She did wonderfully and on the nights she does awaken or needs us with her it's so nice to snuggle under the covers on a mattress with her! It was very painless and I think since she has more room to toss and turn she actually sleeps better!