Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-14-2008, 09:45 PM   #1
tirsalope
Registered Users

My Mood:
Question Best Cloth training pants?

I have a friend that is going to start potty training her DD. Since I have not crossed this path myself (I have a 5 month old) I thought I would ask all of you on diaperswappers. Disposable training pants are expensive so she wanted to try some cloth. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

Advertisement

tirsalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 07:25 AM   #2
happymommyto2
Registered Users
seller

Re: Best Cloth training pants?

I have 2 Kushies trainers that work just fine for catching an accident. I also have a Blueberry Minky trainer that I use for her long after lunch nap if she could not pee before her nap and it work really great. I also tried diaperaps and it worked good at holding an accident but we cannot keep them bc they are too tight on DD's thighs.

ETA: We have tried out some more. My faves are Imse Vimse and Little Beetle Learners. We also really like the Inspiration Trainers off of HC.

Last edited by happymommyto2; 12-10-2008 at 06:50 PM.
happymommyto2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 09:01 PM   #3
prd2CD
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We use Little Beetle trainers and they are great! At night we put on a wool soaker to keep my son's bed dry.
prd2CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 09:05 PM   #4
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I like the Bumies ones, but they are a little puffy....they make me giggle every time my dd wears one.

The imse vimse are very trim and very close to big kids underwear, but they don't have alot of absorption. I don't know if i would go out running errands in them without a added soaker in them, or a PUL cover.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:26 PM   #5
vintagegyrl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We love Imse Vimse. I have DS wear sweatpants most days. This way, we can tell if he pees, but the pants absorb the rest that the trainers don't. Plus easy on off compared to jeans. Generally, he doesnt usually go all the way thru the pants. He's on the tail end now of PL, I hope!

I think IV's are pretty absorbent compared to Gerber. DS does not think they are too bulky yet. He's pretty picky.
We have some PUL backed trainers with velour inners I got FSOT but dont know which WAHM originally made them, so sorry.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:57 PM   #6
mrsdelaughter
Registered Users

My Mood:

So far, I have tried the MOE Trickle Free, the Happy Heiny Pocket Trainer, and the Imse Vimse. I used Gerber in the past and did not care much for them. However, of the others, I like the Imse Vimse the best. It doesn't contain the mess 100% and is definitely wetter than the MOE or HH, but my DS calls them underwear and the other ones diapers. Good Luck!
mrsdelaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:48 AM   #7
laj
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When we first switched the boys from dipes to trainers I really liked the Snap-Ez trainers - either the AIO's, which are waterproof, or the cotton, which are not waterproof. Both are very absorbent, but still trim, side-snapping for messy accidents, easy to pull up and down, and feel wet. I also really liked the Little Beetle Learners (not waterproof) early on for the same reasons - and they are so soft. When we didn't need as much absorbency I liked the IV and Inspired (on hyenacart) trainers. The Inspired trainers are very trim - fit just like underwear.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:15 PM   #8
MomtoRyan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by laj View Post
When we first switched the boys from dipes to trainers I really liked the Snap-Ez trainers - either the AIO's, which are waterproof, or the cotton, which are not waterproof. Both are very absorbent, but still trim, side-snapping for messy accidents, easy to pull up and down, and feel wet. I also really liked the Little Beetle Learners (not waterproof) early on for the same reasons - and they are so soft. When we didn't need as much absorbency I liked the IV and Inspired (on hyenacart) trainers. The Inspired trainers are very trim - fit just like underwear.
Can you link? I can't find hte inpsired ones.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:53 PM   #9
happymommyto2
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomtoRyan View Post
Can you link? I can't find hte inpsired ones.
We have 1 pair and have been waiting on another pair. Here is a link: http://hyenacart.com/Inspired/
happymommyto2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:39 PM   #10
mom2jacob
Registered Users
seller

I have tried a few brands...Imse Vimse, Hanna Anderson, a brand off of ebay and JC Penney's Wee Essentials. My favorite for DS...JC Penney's cloth training pants. They don't have a water proof layer...just a thick cotton panel in the front and back and are pretty absorbant if they are the right size. They are thicker and nicer than the Gerber ones. I find that the water proof ones make more of a mess when taking them off and still get a leak down the leg. With the non water proof ones, DS knows he is wet and I can see he is wet (we don't wear pants much at home) and we take them off right away. We do use disposable training pants in the car and diapers for sleep time still though. hope this helps...