Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-15-2008, 01:13 AM   #1
ourgift
Registered Users
seller

A PL reluctant mama needs some advice

DS was a sposie baby, very high energy baby, and did not PL till he was 3, partly because i was not focused / patient enough.

DD is currently 19m and has been in CD since she was 8 days old. She will tell me when she has a soiled CD, and is showing signs of willingness to sit on her potty.

I am a WAHM in the wedding industry, so i have alot of down time between now and March, but not so much april thru october. i have been thinking about trying to help her with PL during my slow time, when i have a few weeks i can block off.

BUT between now and mid march we have christmas and our annual 3 week vacation to the Bahamas (with 14 hours of travel each way) I worry that any PL we do will be set back because of these 2 events. (PS her bday is first week of april, along with DS, so there is LOTS of activity for 3 days then)

Suggestions, advice, guidance would be appreciated.

Advertisement

ourgift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 12:01 PM   #2
doodah
Registered Users
seller

Re: A PL reluctant mama needs some advice

I would just go for it. I run an in-home daycare and I am constantly busy all year round. There would be no good time to potty learn. I started my 11 month old this week and she went as much as three times in a day. There are some busy parts of the day that it is just impossible for me to sit her on the potty and encourage her to go. I am just doing the best I can to find quite moments to work on this. Okay so she is a long way from being potty trained but the point is, why not just try it for a few days and take each day at a time? You can take a small potty seat with you to the Bahamas and keep working on it there even. Don't feel like you have to be a slave to it or lock yourself in the house for weeks to potty train. Christmas is a busy time but I am sure there will be many opportunities for you to help your daughter along. Maybe she will be trained far enough by Christmas to tell you when she has to go! Good luck!
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote