Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-23-2010, 08:40 PM   #1
lil'mommakaye
Registered Users
seller

Question How long did you work FT while PG??

I am 6w3d as of today and i suervise/bartend in a fast paced night club in a resort. I am not too sure how long ill be able to keep up and FIT behind that tiny bar. I worked in DC while PG w DS and i sayed working till i was about 36weeks, i was working in a grocery store while PG w DD and also worked till 36 weeks. Both of those positions were light duty though. This may be a little different too as i am on my feet 8-10 hours a night and working HARD. Either way i will have to stay working till DH finds a job he has been laid off since August 09. and where i work i make excellent pay.

How long did you stay working and what did you do while PG??

Advertisement

Krystal
Momma to 99, 07 & Stella Grace 10/28/10
~My Star In Heaven~
lil'mommakaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:18 PM   #2
WhiteRockMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How long did you work FT while PG??

I worked in a call center (sitting at a computer all day answering phones). I worked until I got laid off (lame) which was about a week before I was due to go on leave. I think I was three weeks from my due date.

I think you'll just have to wait and see how it goes. My feet swelled so much with DD that I couldnt wiggle my toes. I dont think I would have been working if it involved standing...

WhiteRockMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:01 PM   #3
L&A'smommy
Registered Users
Formerly: laylaeomommy
seller

With my first I worked as a waitress and worked up until the day I had my emergency C.

With the second I worked up until 3 days before my scheduled C.

With this one, I am experiencing WAYYYYYY more pain that I did with the previous two and am only 27 weeks already. It hurts to stand up. I am unsure how long I will make it this time.

Good luck to you, as I worked the overnight shift as a waitress with DD1 I know how crappy and difficult it can be while pregnant.

Last edited by L&A'smommy; 03-24-2010 at 09:45 AM.
L&A'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:13 PM   #4
Piper's Closet
Registered Users
Formerly: ewalk585 **DO NOT FSOT~ADMIN**

My Mood:

i worked overnight with my second right up to the day before my planned cs. But every baby is different and make sure you are getting plenty of rest during the day. remember the more active you stay the better you will feel in the long run. I won't worry till at least 7 months and then take it week by week and make sure you and baby are doing fine. Just think about the women in other countries who do farm labor , stop to have baby and then are back out there the next day with the baby on their back. lol
Piper's Closet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:15 PM   #5
ahenson
Registered Users
seller

I worked until I got put on modded bedrest at about 35 weeks. I planned on working up till my water broke, by my BP got too high from one week to the next so doc said no more work! I was allowed to work part-time from home (I do web and graphic design) for the first week and then after than my doc said no more work. That was good because I wasn't quite ready to be gone for 6 weeks of leave plus my bedrest!
Old 03-24-2010, 12:17 AM   #6
MW69842
Banned/ Member requested
formerly equivocal
seller

My Mood:

I worked until I was 37 weeks and a couple of days.

I work in a food manufacturing facility and am on my feet for 8+ hours per day and required to lift up to 50 lbs., as needed. I am also expected to climb on ladders, bend, pull, twist, etc.. on a regular basis.

The only thing that I was forbidden to do (by line supervisors) in my third trimester especially was climb on ladders, because he felt I was too uh, front heavy.

It's fast-paced and stressful often, but I made do.
MW69842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:22 AM   #7
babysweetbottoms
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I worked till the day before my scheduled inductions with both of my kids but I worked in an office setting where I got to sit most of the day and be in front of a computer. I seriously don't think I could last that long standing all day (my feet hurt after 3 hours of standing) and much less in such a fast paced environment like yours. I hope your DH finds a job soon so that you can stop working sooner and relax the last weeks of your pregnancy!
Selling fitteds here and pockets here. For beautiful wool yarn click here.
babysweetbottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:32 AM   #8
amandabarugh
Registered Users
seller

While pregnant the second time, I worked as a barista and customer service manager in a Hastings until a few days before I delivered right at 40 weeks. I worked 8-9 hour shifts, 40-45 hours a week. Right before I delivered, I got moved to the back room, doing inventories, stocking, and receiving in preparation/training for a promotion, to assistant manager of the whole store, I was up for (and got) after maternity leave.

It was rough, especially those last few weeks doing inventories, but we needed the money, desperately.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:04 AM   #9
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I worked FT up until 39 weeks with DD1, with no problems! I wasn't on my feet the entire time though, but maybe at least half the time for my job. Still probably not quite the same.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:50 AM   #10
cotopaxi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Until the day before I delivered both times, but I could mostly sit at my job!