Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-08-2006, 08:29 AM   #11
childers521
Registered Users

Re: Lump in breast

it is a very scary thing to find a lump on your breast. I found one several years ago (I was 22 I think) when I was in the shower and spent about a day trying to convince myself I was imagining things. I called the Dr and set up an appointment and before I got in to see him, several more lumps appeared. Then they went away, then they came back... After an ultrasound that didn't show anything, even though the boobs were pretty lumpy at the time, and a mammogram that also didn't show anything - they finally decided it must be fibroid cysts and that they were related somehow to my cycle (because they kept coming and going) My Dr made me cut out all caffiene and de-stress a bit (I was being stalked by an ex at the time) and I haven't had any lumps in about 7 years now.

Anyway, just wanted to offer hugs, and maybe give you a bit of hope that it really could be no big deal.

Advertisement

Old 11-08-2006, 12:43 PM   #12
havanadaydreamin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hope that it is nothing. I had a cyst removed off my breast when I was about 38 weeks pregnant. It ended up being benign but I was glad that I had it tested.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:16 PM   #13
FancifulFanny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Definitely go to the doctor. Like you said, it is most likely nothing, but why take chances.

I found a lump this past January and had it looked at - then went for a ultrasound of it, then sent to the Breast Care Center. I walked in, the doctor hadn't even had me undress yet (she had the ultrasound and all the other doctor reports) as she said she was taking it out...tomorrow. I was petrified. I had surgery the next day and she called two days later with the all clear. I had huge issues with mastitis and it was probably old blockage gone terribly bad but it was this weird makeup and stuff and BIG! It was right about in the same place you says yours is.

It's scary
FancifulFanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 01:16 PM   #14
FancifulFanny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

whoops, hit enter twice. sorry

Last edited by FancifulFanny; 11-08-2006 at 01:17 PM. Reason: dup post
FancifulFanny is offline   Reply With Quote