Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-15-2006, 08:19 AM   #1
marisal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question SEZ return or sell??

hello everyone...
if you hadn't heard, i bought SEZ fleece dipes that are too big for my son. never used... only tried on and they are way too big. i need to get mediums instead because he will never fit into the ones i bought. so... i inquired about an exchange and i would get an 85% credit towards new items not an even exchange. if these were cheapie dipes, no prob but they aren't! they're expensive little buggers! would i be better off selling these ill-fitting dipes on DS or should i just suck up the fees and exchange my dipes through SEZ?
slightly bummed in nyc,
marisa

Advertisement

marisal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 08:31 AM   #2
My2punkins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: SEZ return or sell??

I'd probably try to sell them to see if I could get back what I paid even if its just minus the shipping
Old 05-15-2006, 08:52 AM   #3
redheadedangels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd try and sell them and at see what happens. Thats a pretty sucky exchange policy too i think! Most places if you exchange they will just exchange but if you want money back Then they charge the restocking fee. Those are expensive dipes ~ i've been wanting to try the skinny large size but just can't bring myself to pay $20 for one pocket...Good Luck!
redheadedangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 09:20 AM   #4
kimb96
Registered Users
seller

I would just exchange them. You probably aren't going to get more than 85% of what you paid on here anyway. That's the disadvantage of buying diapers online. You don't get to try them on and you take a risk that you will lose a little bit of your investment if it doesnt work out.

Mama to Ethan
kimb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 09:29 AM   #5
Carrie
Registered Users

I would sell them here on DS. People often offer new items at the price they paid ppd. So you would only be out the money spent on postage, which you would have to pay if you ship it back to Ruth. And a DS mama gets it at a slightly reduced price. If you ship it back she may resell it for full price (I'm not sure though). Ruth is a great mama and I'm not criticizing her business practices, but if it were me I would just sell it to a friend here.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:42 AM   #6
mommyof2girls
Registered Users

Hm..I wanted to exchange a insert for the next size down, and she offered to do an even exchange.

But, I would resell the dipe. I sold 2 skinny large once, and got what I paid for (minus shipping).
Old 05-15-2006, 11:29 AM   #7
marvelous
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What size and colors did you buy?
Old 05-15-2006, 02:59 PM   #8
marisal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i think it's a stinky practice about the returns because she does sell them at the same price... maybe i'll list them here and see what happens, couldn't hurt, right? i wonder if that's her policy because she knows that people will try to sell them on boards like DS and then come back to her to buy again anyway (since the market is small) and she wins twice!
pretty smart...
marisa

there are 3 skinny larges:
burgandy outer, navy inner
winter white outer, plumsilver (?) inner
crayon green outer, bright yellow inner (DH loooved this one)
Old 05-15-2006, 06:57 PM   #9
raceNzanesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i have a burgandy and love it.

how are they too big. my ds has worn a large with extra snaps since 11 mos. do you just need extra snaps? ruth will add them. i assure you she isn't trying to win twice! if you return them she will sell them on her seconds page at a loss.

CPS Tech to all- Need car seat/booster help? EMAIL me.
raceNzanesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 07:28 PM   #10
marisal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

they are super huge in the leg/crotch area. when i put the diaper on it "looks" like it fits but then as soon as ds moves his legs there is a huge gap of about 1 1/2" (not scientifically measured) between his leg and the elastic. can extra snaps fit such a thing? maybe lower down the leg? i don't think he'll ever need them the way they are now though so extra snaps seem silly... what do you think? DS is 16 months.
marisa