Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-05-2015, 01:55 PM   #1
lemonella
Registered Users

EBay transaction perspective: what would you do?

I didn't post this to The eBay thread, since this is about a transaction where I am the buyer and not the seller. I recently purchased a baby item on eBay which was over $100 on 2/21. The ad says the item would be delivered in 5 days (by 2/27) and one or two days after I paid (I paid immediately), I got a confirmation that the seller had shipped. But days later, the status was still showing as "marked as 'shipped' by the seller" and the tracking number listed did not seem to work on the USPS website so I didn't have any updates. I wasn't actually sure it was even shipped by USPS because it wasn't clear what method she'd used but the it looked like a USPS tracking number.

I contacted the seller on Monday (3/2) to ask what method of shipping was used and whether she had any update on the status since I hadn't received anything and no updates. She emailed me back on Tuesday to apologize saying that she and her son have been so sick and that it would be sent out no later than the next day (3/4). It's 3/5 and I haven't heard anything, nor have I received any shipping update.

Should I do anything at this point? I want to believe her being sick story, but it also annoys me that I try very hard to keep people who buy from me satisfied and ship quickly and other people can't do the same. She has a feedback of 100% (32) by the way.

Advertisement

lemonella is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 02:58 PM   #2
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Re: EBay transaction perspective: what would you do?

I feel your pain. I always ship out as fast as I possibly can. I have only had that same courtesy reciprocated to me a few times. And don't say, "oh I have small children, it's hard."
Honey I have four 4 and under and I still manage to ship quickly or at the very least COMMUNICATE. Say, "hey I'm sorry I've had a delay."
I spent over $200 on here once (will never do that again.) only to have the seller wait a week to ship. She also IGNORED my many messages asking her to communicate. The moderator I complained to basically told me I was over reacting. WHAT?! A WEEK?!!!
It's a good thing I wasn't in person I would have slapped her and the seller both. Lol...
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 06:38 PM   #3
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Honestly, if I had to contact her, yes I'd be annoyed, but as long my stuff got to me in the state I expected it to be in, I would just let it go.

I've screwed up in this area, though, by accident. I am not always the fastest shipper, anyway. So I tend to be relatively forgiving. I only get hopping mad if the items come to me and I find they were misrepresented. Then I do something.
momomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 01:54 PM   #4
lemonella
Registered Users

Thanks for the sympathy. I probably won't do anything unless I don't actually receive the item or it's not as described, but it's frustrating. And I totally agree with you MamaChirpy, that the least she could have done was communicate that there was some kind of delay, especially since it's been over a week AND she's marked the item as shipped, which it obviously was not.

I contacted her again this morning since I still haven't received any shipping notice but haven't heard anything.
Old 03-06-2015, 04:42 PM   #5
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Nearly 2 weeks gone? I would be mad. With the tracking not showing info I think you should file with PayPal if you haven't gotten any updates by tomorrow.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:43 AM   #6
clairitek
Registered Users

Two weeks is pretty excessive. I know it's easy to forget chores that aren't right in front of your face but she needs to let you know what's going on at the bare minimum. Hopefully she contacts you soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
clairitek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 10:46 AM   #7
coquelicot
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
EBay transaction perspective: what would you do?

This Monday marks 2 weeks since shipping info was provided. If shipping info hasn't updated or your item hasn't arrived, and the seller is not answering your messages, I would open a dispute with eBay. I can understand shipping delays, but there's no reason why the seller can't communicate with you better than that. You have tried to resolve this with the seller on your own. At the very least, the seller should be able to tell you if the item is in the mail. If they can't even do that for you, then I think it's time to escalate it. Even being sick and having a sick kid, it only takes a few minutes to type a message.

Last edited by coquelicot; 03-07-2015 at 10:47 AM.
coquelicot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 03:56 PM   #8
kbz2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

If she still hasn't responded or given you a tracking number I would file with PayPal.
Old 03-07-2015, 05:03 PM   #9
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by coquelicot View Post
This Monday marks 2 weeks since shipping info was provided. If shipping info hasn't updated or your item hasn't arrived, and the seller is not answering your messages, I would open a dispute with eBay. I can understand shipping delays, but there's no reason why the seller can't communicate with you better than that. You have tried to resolve this with the seller on your own. At the very least, the seller should be able to tell you if the item is in the mail. If they can't even do that for you, then I think it's time to escalate it. Even being sick and having a sick kid, it only takes a few minutes to type a message.
It has been 14 days today since she paid.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:06 PM   #10
lemonella
Registered Users

Thanks for the additional feedback. I didn't know if I was originally overreacting and just being impatient, but now I am starting to get worried. I sent her a message yesterday asking about status and received no response. Then this morning, I sent her a longer message, saying that I was sorry she and her son had been sick, but that if I didn't hear from her by the end of today (Saturday) I'd have to file with PayPal/eBay to protect myself. I can't remember what the exact deadlines are to file claims with PayPal or eBay, but I'd hate to miss out on them!

I haven't heard anything all day and we're in the same time zone (PST). I didn't doubt that I wouldn't get the item since all of her previous feedback had been positive, but now I'm really not sure.