Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-18-2008, 11:29 AM   #1
mommy_have_it
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Unhappy WTH? What is this rash????

I've done nothing different. My dd had a SWB fitted on and then a BG aio and this is the result. Started with the SWB and got worse. She has worn these diapers before. I use crunchy clean for diapers and regular laundry, sometime add ecover.
What is it? What do I do?

Advertisement

Last edited by mommy_have_it; 11-18-2008 at 11:36 AM.
mommy_have_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:36 AM   #2
singbanshee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: WTH? What is this rash????

Could be:

Allergy to SC in BG
Urine Burn
Detergent Allergy

try using just natural fiber against the bum with no cover for a day or two and change when you feel it wet My sons have had that exact looking rash and it turned out to be SC. It cleared in a day after just natural fiber and no cover after dorking with the rash for a month using creams, striping etc...

Good Luck!

forgot...I also get this rash with anything that has hemp against my kids' skin

We Carry Eco Friendly Disposables and.. Check out the rockin selection of covers and cloth diapers!

Last edited by singbanshee; 11-18-2008 at 11:40 AM.
singbanshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:50 AM   #3
mommy_have_it
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks mama! But what is SC in the BG?
Old 11-18-2008, 11:56 AM   #4
singbanshee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh I'm sorry..it's Suede Cloth..it's what's inside the bum-g's that make them dry against your baby's skin.

We Carry Eco Friendly Disposables and.. Check out the rockin selection of covers and cloth diapers!
singbanshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:59 AM   #5
JellEBeanDesigns
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

so is it on her bum and hooha that way too or just her legs?
JellEBeanDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:10 PM   #6
mommy_have_it
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by singbanshee View Post
Oh I'm sorry..it's Suede Cloth..it's what's inside the bum-g's that make them dry against your baby's skin.
Haha, got it. Do you know of a good diaper thats an aio without it? I really need a few for "regular" clothes for our really cold winter days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayden*N*BrettsMama View Post
so is it on her bum and hooha that way too or just her legs?
It's mostly on her legs and hooha and towards her bum not much on her bum.
Worse around her legs. It looks really dry and like a chemical burn or something??
Old 11-18-2008, 12:23 PM   #7
HIOStarz4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I made a strange discovery with DS, he has had a SEvere diaper rash in the past and now he will occasional get a rash like your dd but around his bum. Around this time I also noticed more anmonia smell in his urine. i always thought it to be the diapers and have completly switched to sposies at night for this reason. But now I am started to beleive when he eats something with alot of acidic in it, pickles, oranges etc and or is teething it turns is bowls and urine very acidic. We have obviously not fully narrowed it down to the exact cause but we have an idea...
I do agree hemp may produce a burning amnoia smell and feeling if the urine is turned. We were using leo mighty nighty hemp inserts with Drybees and he would literaly wake up screaming from it burning.
Aquaphor diaper rash creme is THE Best, it is pricey but it is the Only thing that works. Also methods diaper rash cremem works well too
Old 11-18-2008, 12:27 PM   #8
HEATHER78
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

that look's like excema...my son get's the same thing on his leg's and bum here in az during the winter when it's so dry.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:49 PM   #9
mommy_have_it
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIOStarz4 View Post
I made a strange discovery with DS, he has had a SEvere diaper rash in the past and now he will occasional get a rash like your dd but around his bum. Around this time I also noticed more anmonia smell in his urine. i always thought it to be the diapers and have completly switched to sposies at night for this reason. But now I am started to beleive when he eats something with alot of acidic in it, pickles, oranges etc and or is teething it turns is bowls and urine very acidic. We have obviously not fully narrowed it down to the exact cause but we have an idea...
I do agree hemp may produce a burning amnoia smell and feeling if the urine is turned. We were using leo mighty nighty hemp inserts with Drybees and he would literaly wake up screaming from it burning.
Aquaphor diaper rash creme is THE Best, it is pricey but it is the Only thing that works. Also methods diaper rash cremem works well too
She is teething now, I think anyway. So that could be. I don't really smell the ammonia smell unless I use the BG, which I rarely use. Is the aquaphor okay to use with the cloth daipers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEATHER78 View Post
that look's like excema...my son get's the same thing on his leg's and bum here in az during the winter when it's so dry.
What do you use on it? This really doesn't look like eczema IRL, it looks really dried out, but more like a reaction to something.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:56 PM   #10
MomToJazmyne
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIOStarz4 View Post
I agree with her as my dd gets this too for no apparent reason because j eats very few acidic things as she is allergic to citrus. We use the aquaphor with our cloth diapers but i have heard that it may cause buildup

J (8/15/06) and L (4/25/13)
MomToJazmyne is offline   Reply With Quote