Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-18-2008, 12:57 PM   #11
duckpondsunset
Registered Users
Formerly: duckpondatdusk
seller

My Mood:
Re: WTH? What is this rash????

I would get some pH test strips just for the heck of it and get a pH reading on your detergent and maybe on some pee pee if you can. It could be acid poo or acid pee (low pH) or a high pH build up in your dipes (either can cause a reaction). The fact that it's on the legs not just the diaper area makes me think deterg pH/chemical/allergic reaction rather than ultra acidic pH or poo.

Advertisement

Last edited by duckpondsunset; 11-18-2008 at 12:59 PM.
duckpondsunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:58 PM   #12
maieranne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DD has this same rash now in the same area only with additional sunburn like rash from her belly button down, where the diaper touches her in front. Creams are no help but I did switch from Charlies detergent to Planet which seems to be helping. I have only washed the diapers 1-2 times in the planet detergent. Right now we either have natural fibers or a few MF diapers. I'm anxious to hear what others have to say!
maieranne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:23 PM   #13
singbanshee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

[QUOTE=mommy_have_it;5487836]Haha, got it. Do you know of a good diaper thats an aio without it? I really need a few for "regular" clothes for our really cold winter days.

ya..mine

prints:

http://renegadebaby.net/catalog.php?...3Fcategory%3D6

straight pul

We Carry Eco Friendly Disposables and.. Check out the rockin selection of covers and cloth diapers!
singbanshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:14 PM   #14
CrunchyMamaof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use crunchy clean for diapers / regular laundry and sometimes add ecover too but only started doing this in the last few weeks ago. My son has eczema and I usually keep it under control.... Yesterday he broke out in the same rash its totally different than the eczema rash. Its in the same area as well. I did a search on DS and this was the first post I found. Hmmm I wonder if it is CC??? Is your LO itchy??? I use natual fibers and a few AIO's with PUL. Does anyone suggest rewashing all the dipes with someting like castile soap? If it is a ph balance thing how do you fix it?

Subscribing to thread -
CrunchyMamaof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:20 PM   #15
rvela
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's from the BG! for sure. DD1 & 3 just got over it. Use different dipes (non suede cloth), keep it dry and aired out, use neosporin (sp?) on it. Instead of wiping just wash her bum with luke warm water and allow it to air dry until it heals up. We still use our BG! but we make sure and use a little natural lotion before we put the dipe on.
rvela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:31 PM   #16
duckpondsunset
Registered Users
Formerly: duckpondatdusk
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyMamaof3 View Post
I use crunchy clean for diapers / regular laundry and sometimes add ecover too but only started doing this in the last few weeks ago. My son has eczema and I usually keep it under control.... Yesterday he broke out in the same rash its totally different than the eczema rash. Its in the same area as well. I did a search on DS and this was the first post I found. Hmmm I wonder if it is CC??? Is your LO itchy??? I use natual fibers and a few AIO's with PUL. Does anyone suggest rewashing all the dipes with someting like castile soap? If it is a ph balance thing how do you fix it?

Subscribing to thread -
Rinsing with 1/4 - 1/3 c of vinegar added will help if it's a high pH problem related to ammonia, washing soda, or oxy-type ingredients in the detergent. You might not need to switch detergent if the vinegar helps.

Last edited by duckpondsunset; 11-18-2008 at 04:32 PM.
duckpondsunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:37 PM   #17
mlhmrsdds
Registered
seller

My Mood:

try triple paste, it was the only thing that finally worked for us, but it does NOT wash out of diapers, so use a disposible liner or sposie diaper until you clear it up. Good luck...poor baby.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:27 PM   #18
oliviab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This happened to me too about a week or two ago.I switched to cc.And her dipes smelled like ammonia and she got that horrible rash. I dunno yet but I think It might of been from the buildup.I used tide and then switched to simply clean and then to crunchy clean.DD has exzema and I was trying to find one that didnt make it flare up! I stripped w/dawn and also did a vinager soak.I havent noticed any ammonia smell or rashes yet so we will see.Ill post in a couple of days!
oliviab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 05:41 PM   #19
mommy_have_it
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

[QUOTE=singbanshee;5489958]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy_have_it View Post
Haha, got it. Do you know of a good diaper thats an aio without it? I really need a few for "regular" clothes for our really cold winter days.

ya..mine

prints:

straight pul

Thanks mama! I'll check them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyMamaof3 View Post

Subscribing to thread -
I'm not sure if she's itchy, she's only 10 months old, she's not acting like she is bothered by it at all though. Is your dd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliviab View Post
This happened to me too about a week or two ago.I switched to cc.And her dipes smelled like ammonia and she got that horrible rash. I dunno yet but I think It might of been from the buildup.I used tide and then switched to simply clean and then to crunchy clean.DD has exzema and I was trying to find one that didnt make it flare up! I stripped w/dawn and also did a vinager soak.I havent noticed any ammonia smell or rashes yet so we will see.Ill post in a couple of days!
So are you using CC now or something else?
mommy_have_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 05:54 PM   #20
mommy_have_it
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OH I should mention too that we just moved into this house and the water is "cloudy". Does anyone know what that means? Do I need to do something different because of it? Hard water/Soft water? Gah! Sorry.
mommy_have_it is offline   Reply With Quote