Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-18-2008, 05:57 PM   #21
CrunchyMamaof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: WTH? What is this rash????

[QUOTE=mommy_have_it;5492334]
Quote:
Originally Posted by singbanshee View Post
Thanks mama! I'll check them out.

I'm not sure if she's itchy, she's only 10 months old, she's not acting like she is bothered by it at all though. Is your dd?

So are you using CC now or something else?
My LO doesnt seem to be bothered by the new rash either.... I just threw all his dipes in the wash with on;y Charlies than rewashed again with nothing Im going to do this with all his pocket diapers next. And see what happens..

Advertisement

CrunchyMamaof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:10 PM   #22
Willow's_lilmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my dd has a similar rash only it is more like spots down the middle almost to her woo woo and that same red blotchy right on it and her bum. I had switched to CC and used the lavender with no problems except a little spottiness. When I used the lemon scent all h3ll broke loose on her bum! I am stripping her dipes as we speak (er, write )
Old 11-18-2008, 10:58 PM   #23
alnoodle
Registered Users
seller

Could be an allergy to the fabric... but it also kind of looks like yeast. My dd has a rash simular to that and I thought maybe it was eczema because it sort of looked like it... all dry and red... but she hadn't been wearing a dipe.... the Dr said it was yeast and gave us a perscription.

Amanda married to Jamie. Mother of three little boogers; Lulu, Brooke, and Rosie
alnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:09 PM   #24
oliviab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Im using just crunchy clean! And today I had another stinky dipe I just might switch back to tide.I never had a prob except for her exzema!
oliviab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:45 PM   #25
mommy_have_it
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliviab View Post
Im using just crunchy clean! And today I had another stinky dipe I just might switch back to tide.I never had a prob except for her exzema!
UHG. It cleared up during the day today and then this evening it flared up again. It was really only were the elastic was around her legs. I'm wondering now if the detergent isn't rinsing out all the way and is getting built up in the elastic.
I put her to bed in a prefold. Hopefully it will clear up during the night.
mommy_have_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:05 PM   #26
Logans Mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my son has a similar rash now- its happened once before.... he is teething now so I think that is the reason. I just use liners, aquaphor, and lots of changing and it seems to be helping.

Logans Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:17 PM   #27
CrunchyMamaof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

UPDATE: I took my DS who has the same rash to the doctor and he seems to think its related either the diapers or the CC I have been using He said if it were yeast there would be round satellite lesions and his rash doesnt look like that. Does your LO's rash lool like that IRL?
CrunchyMamaof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:11 AM   #28
maman08
Registered Users
seller

First off, for you and your dd, that looks uncomfortable to say the least! My DS has gotten a similar looking thing a few times, and I personally think it has to do with friction from the elastic (his thighs are REALLY chubby) as well as maybe the synthetic materials in some of our PUL covers. I agree with pp -- let her run around in natural fibers with no cover as much as possible! PFs are really easy on my DS's thighs, so if you have some try those.

Also, for us the best thing to treat this type of rash (other than "air time") was actually plain old A&D ointment. It has lanolin in it, and it keeps the skin nice and soft and not dried out. I used flushable liners to protect the dipes and just flushed them when I changed him.

HTH!

maman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:08 AM   #29
mommy_have_it
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyMamaof3 View Post
UPDATE: I took my DS who has the same rash to the doctor and he seems to think its related either the diapers or the CC I have been using He said if it were yeast there would be round satellite lesions and his rash doesnt look like that. Does your LO's rash lool like that IRL?
Her's doesn't look like yeast at all. I really looks like her skin is chemically burned. Like really dry out, but smooth, not like dry skin.

After sleeping in a OBV prefold last night she woke up with about 90% of it gone.

I'm thinking it must be build up in the elastic or something. I just don't know. I tried to google pics of rashes and I haven't found it yet...I'm off to search again.
mommy_have_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:18 AM   #30
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

oooooohhh poor baby!!! It's chafing/friction. Probably from the fitted being wet for a while and rubbing her legs/crotch area as she crawled/moved. I wouldn't suspect anything the dipe was washed with or creams because it's not as bad where the dipe covered her and that skin is more tender than outside.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote