Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-09-2006, 08:58 AM   #21
monkeylove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why do people ignore me when I talk about cloth diapering?

Thanks mamas...I guess I never thought of cloth diapering as a taboo subject that people needed to be introduced to gingerly....well, I guess loving and believing in what I am doing is going to have to be enough for me right now!

Advertisement

Old 11-09-2006, 09:01 AM   #22
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Lots of people don't have the time and money to invest in it. I mean, honestly, if you want the "good" diapers, imo, you're going to shell out some cash. Sure they can use prefolds and covers, but to lots of non-CDers that like using pins and plastic pants. They want things like Magic-Alls, etc. Easy as a disposable.

Also, some people are just grossed out by it. I LOVE my CDs, but I'm considering using a disposable ev ery day when Jackson poops because since we don't have a sprayer, it's just nasty! So I can see how others can think the same, if not worse.

I'm not really anti-disposable though. I do cloth most of the time to help the environment, but sometimes we need disposables. i.e. Jackson's last yeast infection.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:18 PM   #23
momof4
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkOnDemand View Post
It is frustrating! I run a small daycare in my home and I've offered to CD all of the babies, and all the parents have decline.
Tara, I started CDing 16 years ago because of a home daycare mom that offered this. My next 2 were in sposies because I worked very full time, and didn't have any such offers. Now, I'm taking off some time to be at home with #4, and went back to CDing.

You never know when the seeds you plant will start to sprout!
Old 11-09-2006, 02:08 PM   #24
syndibee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkOnDemand View Post
It is frustrating! I run a small daycare in my home and I've offered to CD all of the babies, and all the parents have decline. I'm shocked that they will tell me they can't afford the diapers, or only bring me a handful because they don't have enough $$$ to buy them for my house and theirs, blah blah blah. I have offered to buy the prefolds, snappis & make wool soakers for the cost of yarn & then accept payments and still NO. They say it's too much work, or it's not a big deal, or just ignore me...So, I have tons of freakin diaper trash that is disgusting and I just know it is filling up landfills. I have every doggone diaper cream available for the rashes, I end up washing playpen sheets a couple of times a week from the pee leaks, and usually at least 1 outfit from a poo leak. All that work, and none of it from my own darn kid.
couldn't u just offer to cd at your house, saving them the $$$ for diapers at your place, i bet most woulnd't care as long as you were the one dealing with them, then you wuldn't have to deal with the sposies anymore.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:44 PM   #25
monkeylove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffer23 View Post
Lots of people don't have the time and money to invest in it. I mean, honestly, if you want the "good" diapers, imo, you're going to shell out some cash. Sure they can use prefolds and covers, but to lots of non-CDers that like using pins and plastic pants. They want things like Magic-Alls, etc. Easy as a disposable.

Also, some people are just grossed out by it. I LOVE my CDs, but I'm considering using a disposable ev ery day when Jackson poops because since we don't have a sprayer, it's just nasty! So I can see how others can think the same, if not worse.

I'm not really anti-disposable though. I do cloth most of the time to help the environment, but sometimes we need disposables. i.e. Jackson's last yeast infection.
I think you made some really good points....it isn't cheap to go the good route, even if you do get some of that $ back....on the diaper sprayer, you must, must buy one....they are so easy to install and really worth it