Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-19-2008, 09:34 AM   #1
ashleynjacy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Not vaxing and sick all the time

My son is 4 months and has not been vaxed. He has colds, bronchiolitis, asthma....and the list goes on. Could this be related to NOT vaxing? My daughter was vaxed and she never got sick, literally. I also started watching kids this time around so maybe he has been exposed to more germs. What do you all think? My doc said he thinks he should be vaccinated because he gets sick so often.

Advertisement

Old 11-19-2008, 09:37 AM   #2
Raquelita
Registered Users
seller

Re: Not vaxing and sick all the time

I would look at environmental factors for those issues - how is your indoor air quality? Do you have carpet? Do you use conventional cleaners/air freshener/scented laundry detergent or fabric softener?

I think that second children do get sick more often b/c they get exposed to more.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:44 AM   #3
Mom2KG
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I doubt is has anything to do with vaxing. Some kids are just more prone to being sick and then of course there are the environmental factors. I don't vax my kids and my oldest is 28 months old and has only been sick 1 time. She has a runny nose for about 24 hours a couple weeks ago. My youngest is 7 months old and had the same runny nose for a couple days and that is it. If my children were prone to illness I might consider certain vaccines since I am not overall opposed.
Mom2KG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:04 AM   #4
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It also depends on what time of the year the child is born. A baby born in the wintertime has less time to build up immunities for colds at a young age. But my case is the opposite. I could say that the vaxes made my kid sick. The Kid got all his vaxes on time and was sickly. He got RSV, Salmonella (no one knows how this came about, I suspect a lizzard), tons and tons of colds. We were even given a (insert name of machine that spits out oxygen to kids here) for him because he had to get treatments. Ducky has never been vaxed and only time that he's gotten sick is when everyone else in the house is also sick. And his colds have lasted very little. Both of my boys were winter babies, The Kid came in October and Ducky in December.
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:05 AM   #5
Suzanne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

unless your LO is getting the things he isn't being vaxed against (geeze, does that make sense?) I dont'see the correlation.
Suzanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:11 AM   #6
staceyroo77
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My DD who was vaxed got sick more often than the one who was not vaxed.

ETA: The my vaxed DD got chicken pox, and then my vaxed DD got chicken pox too.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:32 AM   #7
greek4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son is vaxed on the regular schedule and he still got sick a lot last winter. He was also nursed until 10 months old. He has been in a childcare situation since 7 weeks so he has been exposed to all sorts of germs. He has been very healthy this winter so I think the sicknesses last winter helped build his immunities.

If you are worried, talk more with your Dr, and see why he thinks the vaccination would help. If he makes what you feel is a valid point, then vacinate, if not then continue what you are doing.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:11 PM   #8
MommaBunny
10% of Profits Donated to Wildlife
seller

My Mood:

Vaccines just protect against the specific infections that they are created to prevent. Not vaxxing will only affect his susceptibility to diseases that vaccines would provide protection for (like measles, tetanus, etc.)
Old 11-19-2008, 12:24 PM   #9
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

Poor babe! I don't think it has anything to do with vaxing. Probably having all those other kiddos around. Is he bfing? I wonder if upping your intake of vit c or something would help him out. If you do decide to vax him please make sure he is completely well when they vax him, some docs say a cold or something is fine, but it is so hard on their little systems. My mom is pretty sure this is how my brother wound up with epilepsy.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:33 PM   #10
shmer24
Onward to fluffymail heaven!
seller

My Mood:

No, they are not related. Unless your child gets polio, meningitis, whooping cough, ect. it is not related. It sounds like your little one needs an immunity boost. Try vitamin C. If it's asthma/bronchitis check your ventilation systems, you could have some nasty stuff in them especially if your house is old. I know my asthma kicks in when I'm in basements or around mold.
Your dc probably wants you to vax because he feels your child is more susceptible to other diseases. Go to your local whole foods and find out what you can give him to help boost him immune system naturally. HTH