Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-08-2006, 04:37 PM   #11
Voltige
Registered Users
seller

Re: How much does a delivery cost?

I used a birth center and I believe their charges were around $6000 for everything, including all the prenatal care. My insurance covered all of it though.

Advertisement

Voltige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 04:39 PM   #12
1boy1girl1bitty2
Registered Users
seller

totally agree with the canadian PP!! thankyou tommy douglas!!!! (he's from my home town BTW) i don't think we would be having anymore babies if we had to pay big bills like that!! it would quickly take the excitment out of learning oi was pregnant!! i would fear i wouldn't be able to afford it!
Old 11-08-2006, 05:23 PM   #13
JackieLyn
feeling festive
seller

My Mood:

One of the reason's i'm so glad we are military...i wouldn't even want to think about the cost of a pregnancy in the civilian world! Yak!
Old 11-08-2006, 05:27 PM   #14
cyncyn
Registered Users

My first dd was over $25,000 with prenatal, c-section and hospital stay. And she was totally healthy. Luckily our insurance covered 100%. A homebirth around here runs about $2500. I have no insurance right now so I'm hoping to use a birth center and keep it around $5,000. I may get on the state health plan because it would be way cheaper, but probably no chance of a VBAC with that.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:28 PM   #15
newmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you count OB, pediatrician, anesthesia, my bill, and DS's bill, the total was around $14,000 for a normal vaginal delivery and two nights in the hospital. Fortunately we have good insurance!
Old 11-08-2006, 06:06 PM   #16
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:

Its hard to say because my hospital is stupid and get like 10 different bills. I never know what is what.

My guess from looking at the bills is something like 3-4K For hospital, 1K for baby, and my MW charged me 3K for all my prenatal care and delivery. This is for a vaginal, no drug, one night stay in the hospital, delivery.

I am not sure about the hospital charges but Insurance knocked the MW bill to just over 2K

One thing I DO know.....if you are planning on the epi...it runs around 2K-2500. So if you are planning on getting it, its going to be that much more.

Our insurance isnt great...but its better than some.

edited to clarify, this is what the charges are, NOT what I paid/am paying. As far as the epi, I saw what was billed to insurance and it was 2k(with dd 2yrs ago), I know someone who delivered in salt lake and she didnt even get it, the doc prepped her back, and had the medicine ready to go in, and all the sudden she screamed she had to push, her bill for the epi she didnt get any relief from? 2500$

Last edited by Samantha; 11-11-2006 at 09:05 AM.
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 06:23 PM   #17
sewingmama2005
Banned
seller

Both girls were 1800.00 We had home births and our insurance didn't cover a bit of it. But our co-pays for a hospital birth would have been a well over 3000.00 after we met the deductibles for EACH part (prenatal, hospital, delivery charges, and anasthesia if I had any) plus the 20% on top of the deductibles. And we supposedly have "good" insurance, IMO they suck LOL
sewingmama2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 06:26 PM   #18
Lucky Child
AKA The Evil Twin
Formerly: rrandle
seller

My Mood:

my total in the hospital, including the epidural was 3000... that was for tyler and myself, one night. I'll have to request an itemized bill, but I can gaurantee that the epidural wasn't 2000
Old 11-08-2006, 06:27 PM   #19
hacandsac
Registered Users
seller

My MW is $3800 for everything, including all the prenatal care.
hacandsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 06:56 PM   #20
tessa1002
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OMG I can't believe everyone pays that much to have a kid! I knew it was expensive, but ! I can't imagine what the birth and DS's month stay in the NICU must have cost.

It kinda makes me ashamed that the state paid for mine. I feel like I'm not a real mama, like I cheated or something.
tessa1002 is offline   Reply With Quote