Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-07-2008, 09:54 AM   #11
mia&seansmom
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: i feel selfish but i'm SOOO done..**UPDATE**

Great news!! Mia has decided that reading books is just as good as nursing she hasn't nursed in 4 days!!! i really thought that the last session of the day (right before bed) was going to be a WAR-she seemed to be super attatched to this feeding. it was the only time she was still asking for it. we used to rock to sleep, then she started asking for it while DH was reading books, so i would sit on the floor or on DS's bed and nurse her and then she went down at the same time as DS instead of me feeding her while he went to sleep. we started with one side during story time, then the other side after lights out. then we moved to both side during story time (she did this b/c her feedings got MUCH shorter-all on her own). then one night she didn't ask to nurse and just kept bringing me book (while dh was reading books..lol). so i took the opportunity and just put her to bed just like we do DS...hug, kiss, quick snuggle, night night, put her down, lights out. she laid up there for about 10 minutes then started to fuss, so i went back up there and picked her up and she laid her head down onmy shoulder and said, "nigh nigh" so i snuggled her for another minute and put her back down and she went to sleep

the only time during the day she was asking to nurse was right after her 2nd nap. but now she brings me a book, again! I LOVE it!! i'm so happy to be "done" (tentatively) and that it doens't seem to have bothered her very much .

Advertisement

Old 12-07-2008, 09:55 AM   #12
mia&seansmom
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: i feel selfish but i'm SOOO done..**UPDATE**

oh and i'm having no slepping problems now