Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-06-2009, 05:11 PM   #131
PsyckoPrincess
Registered Users
seller

Re: Everything you need to know about mama cloth

Well.... I just sewed with Zorb for the first time. AGH! Granted it was 5 layers (this is an experiment on an insert for DS, not MC yet, but that's next!) but it came out all crooked, the layers didn't stretch evenly as it sewed and now it looks just awful. Well good thing it goes inside his trainer huh? *sigh* Anyone else have trouble with it?

I hate slippy-slidey sewing!!

Advertisement

Christ-following, EC'd, circ'd but non-vacc'd, ERF'd, crunchy, tattooed, organic & green, plant-based single SAHM , to my 100% natural-birthed DS lil herbivore boy! 6/19/08! Visit us! http://herbivoreadventures.com/
PsyckoPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:27 PM   #132
MotherMoonPads
Formerly: KeepYourBabyClose
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyckoPrincess View Post
Well.... I just sewed with Zorb for the first time. AGH! Granted it was 5 layers (this is an experiment on an insert for DS, not MC yet, but that's next!) but it came out all crooked, the layers didn't stretch evenly as it sewed and now it looks just awful. Well good thing it goes inside his trainer huh? *sigh* Anyone else have trouble with it?

I hate slippy-slidey sewing!!
5 layers of zorb is a LOT of zorb! That's equal to 20 layers of flannel!

Are you sure you need that many?
MotherMoonPads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:41 PM   #133
PsyckoPrincess
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherMoonPads View Post
5 layers of zorb is a LOT of zorb! That's equal to 20 layers of flannel!

Are you sure you need that many?
I know!! *sigh* Well, like I said, it's an experiment... My poor LO, he's only 16 mo but almost completely PL'd cause we do EC... but just at nighttime he gets SOAKED. he sleeps 11-12 hours straight through at night.. and he's gotten to the point where he'll soak through even jammies. I don't want to wake him in the night to go potty since he sleeps so good, but I hate him laying in so much pee all over So I'm trying to find a combo that will hold it better! (Not to mention I only have 2 crib sheets and laundry every day Argh!

I know bamboo and hemp are also super absorbent but I haven't got the $ to try a bunch of things... so I went with this for now I'm hopin it soaks up all his pee and he can be a little drier! I sewed it all shut in a 'pocket' of flannel, and tonight's the test!
Christ-following, EC'd, circ'd but non-vacc'd, ERF'd, crunchy, tattooed, organic & green, plant-based single SAHM , to my 100% natural-birthed DS lil herbivore boy! 6/19/08! Visit us! http://herbivoreadventures.com/
PsyckoPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote