Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-21-2008, 12:47 PM   #1
emikseattle
Registered Users

My Mood:
Are BSRB's really THAT good?

Hi ladies!
Last night I tried again, for what feels like the thousandth time, to buy a BSRB diaper...I stalked b/f 7pm, refreshed until I got the "buy" button, and of course was too late! There were over 100 shoppers online last night...every week it seems to get higher!

Are these diapers really THAT much better than everything else? Or, is there so much hype b/c they are hard to get, not so much because they are better than the others?

I will keep trying to get one if it is worthwhile, but have never heard what about them makes them so much better than other fitteds....

Any of you mama's have any experience with them and can tell me WHY they are so great? (other than the fact that they are bamboo...I will have many other bamboo diapers, so that isn't a selling point for me by itself).

Thanks!

Advertisement

emikseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 12:56 PM   #2
mms1972
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Are BSRB's really THAT good?

YEP! they are super well made and fit a wide range since they don't have snaps or velcro- and i think they are really absorbant! bamboo fleece rocks! and not to mention Joyce (BSRB owner) is the sweetest WAHM out there!!! Definately worth stalking!
mms1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 04:40 PM   #3
emikseattle
Registered Users

My Mood:

Anyone else? There must be more given the 100+ folks stalking BSR last night.......
Old 11-21-2008, 05:07 PM   #4
OneAndCounting
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I really like them for these reasons:
--Bamboo fleece seems to pull moisture away from baby. When my toddler wets, it sometimes doesn't even go through to the outside of the diaper, but he still doesn't feel wet! I happen to hate OBV, fwiw.
--No snaps or aplix means no snaps digging into baby's belly or hips, no diaper chain, and a great fit no matter how small or big the baby.
--Joyce really is an AMAZING WAHM. She's been so awesome from before I even bought a diaper from her.
--They're reasonably priced for being such a kick-butt, handmade, absorbent, cute diaper. $21ppd for prints?! WOW! and Joyce ships pretty fast and never whines about oversells or whatever.
--The overnights truly are the only CD I've trusted to contain my son at night.
--The NEVER stink, unlike hemp, microfiber, etc.

Not everything's rosy, ever, so here's my neg list:
the downsides:
--they do shrink up quite a bit (is this normal with all bamboo? I dunno)
--they ARE superhard to get these days (last night was especially crazy because of the FFS lottos and she didn't stock last week)
--you have to be proficient with a snappi or pins (which most mamas can learn pretty easily).
--Also there's doubler/soaker matching, but that's pretty much standard, too. If you don't care if the soaker snap matches the diaper than you can just mix and match cuz they're all the same color/serging/size/shape.

HTH
Old 11-22-2008, 10:51 AM   #5
emikseattle
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks, that does help (actually the comments about the fabric is really helpful b/c we are going to sew some bamboo prefold/preflats and I wasn't sure if I should use the fleece at all as I have double-terry and was going to use the OBV on the lining...maybe we'll make the lining fleece now... :-)

Well, I guess I'll just keep stalking and hope by Feb I can get my hands on one :-)
Old 11-22-2008, 04:14 PM   #6
Ahavati
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I LOVE them. They are worth every penny I have spent. I have about 14 now and am expecting 14 more in the next week from a custom. I have a really tiny girl and the trim fits fit her SO well. They aren't too bulky, I always get a perfect fit. They also contain EBF poo wonderfully!! I have NEVER had a leak from them at all. She can also be very wet inside and hardly damp on the outside. Joyce has THE BEST customer service. And her prints are cute to boot. I also started CDing at 4 weeks and they fit her then too!! (I've seen them on even smaller babies as well)

The only thing I don't care for is that they do stain easily (but sun out fairly easy). Other than that, I haven't noticed anything else I dislike.

They are hard to get, I used to be able to get about 4 or 5 in a stocking and now I'ts getting harder. I can only get 2 or 3. A lot of people are starting to catch on.

Need Scentsy? www.heavenlysweetscents.com
Ahavati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 04:19 PM   #7
OneAndCounting
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

by the way, Joyce uses the smooth side of the fleece out. I've never used a diaper with fleecy side out, so I can't speak to that.
Old 11-22-2008, 04:38 PM   #8
MatildasMum
Registered
seller

My Mood:

I had a couple before she got "big". I could never get them to fit right. Joyce is suuuuuper great though.
MatildasMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 07:01 PM   #9
plaidmom
Registered Users

so when does she stock?? thursdays? I am glad to hear that alot of other said they like them. I've been trying to find some new (and affordable) fitteds to try.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:08 PM   #10
daisy0306
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Joyce is super sweet
daisy0306 is offline   Reply With Quote