Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-03-2008, 07:17 PM   #1
HMDocsLady
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Pearl Harbor Day

So what should we do for Pearl Harbor day? Is there anything we should not miss? Or should we run screaming for the hills/North Shore?

Advertisement

Old 12-04-2008, 12:36 PM   #2
HMDocsLady
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pearl Harbor Day

Hmmm, the silence is deafening! I checked into the AZ memorial and they basically said unless you are part of the crew or guard for the day - don't bother because you won't get on. The Pac Aviation museum isn't doing anything secial and neither is the Missouri. I kind of thought there would be more happening. Oh well. Guess we'll just get some flowers for the poor forgotten memorial, the Utah, then head north to watch the surfers if the waves are up.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:04 PM   #3
BubbleToes
Registered Users

My Mood:

Before you go anywhere check what time the bridge is closed out here oon Ford Island. They pick one of the Hawaii based ships to salute the AZ every year, and they open the bridge so the ship can go through and pass the AZ memorial. I might head over to the golf course with my camera and try to get some pics. Everything happens really early in the morning I think.
BubbleToes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 10:03 PM   #4
HMDocsLady
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The bridge is closed 6am-9:30am - We might see you at the golf course then! I wish there was a place to see the ship pass the AZ.