Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-09-2006, 12:53 PM   #1
blessed3times
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
What do you think of my baby names?

All my other children were easy to name. For some reason, dh and I can't agree on this baby's name!!! We're pretty much set on a girls name, but it's the boy's name we're disagreeing on. Just thought I'd see what everyone thought of what we are thinking....

For a girl, we are thinking Emery Michelle. My dh saw the name Emery on a road sign (he's a truck driver). He's been dead set on Emery ever since. My middle name is Michelle, so that's where that came from. Emery is a boy's name according to all the baby name books, but, oh well.

For a boy, we're struggling. He wants to name him Tanner. I *like* Tanner, but I'd rather that be his middle name. I really like the name Waylon Tanner. That's my first choice. We've also discussed Nelson, Braxton, Dallas and Eli.

Anyone have any input? I won't be upset if you don't like my favorite name! Just tell me what you think.

Lori

Advertisement

Old 11-09-2006, 12:56 PM   #2
SugarBunsWool&More
Formerly: RileysMama
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do you think of my baby names?

I like the girls name but I'm not too crazy about Waylon. I do like Tanner tho.
In the end, its your kid so it doesn't matter what I think!!
SugarBunsWool&More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 01:31 PM   #3
yellowcampcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think Emery is fine--it's more girly with the e instead of the o, imo. I always liked Ellery for a girl.
I'm not crazy about waylon, either. It reminds me of an old country singer. I like Eli or Tanner.
yellowcampcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 01:40 PM   #4
hfitz5051
Let the rabbits wear glasses!
seller

My Mood:

Honestly I don't like either. But it is YOUR baby lol. (am I the only one thinking Michell Tanner from Full House lol)
Old 11-09-2006, 01:53 PM   #5
MyKylie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Although I like the ring of Emery Michelle, I am not a fan of "boy" names on girls.

Don't like Waylon. I do like Tanner, Dallas and Eli though.

Good Luck!

K R M
MyKylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 06:29 PM   #6
Lisa-Rachelle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed3times View Post
All my other children were easy to name. For some reason, dh and I can't agree on this baby's name!!! We're pretty much set on a girls name, but it's the boy's name we're disagreeing on. Just thought I'd see what everyone thought of what we are thinking....

For a girl, we are thinking Emery Michelle. My dh saw the name Emery on a road sign (he's a truck driver). He's been dead set on Emery ever since. My middle name is Michelle, so that's where that came from. Emery is a boy's name according to all the baby name books, but, oh well.

For a boy, we're struggling. He wants to name him Tanner. I *like* Tanner, but I'd rather that be his middle name. I really like the name Waylon Tanner. That's my first choice. We've also discussed Nelson, Braxton, Dallas and Eli.

Anyone have any input? I won't be upset if you don't like my favorite name! Just tell me what you think.

Lori
To be honest, I don't care for Emery. It's rather masculine for a little girl, and it's also a surname if spelled with an "o" rather than and "e" before the "r". Michelle is pretty, though.

I can't say I like Waylon, either. It just conjures an image of a banjo playing man with straw in his mouth. But, thats probably because I live i the deep south and thats how it is here (lol). Tanner I love, though. I heard this only recently, but it's growing on me!
Our of your other boy names, I really like Eli and Nelson. Braxton reminds me too much of Braxton Hicks Contractions, and I dont think cities/states or countries make good names (Dallas).
I think Eli Tanner is AWESOME!
Old 11-09-2006, 07:08 PM   #7
annes_cottage
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers

My Mood:

Hmmm, I am not sure what I really think about Emery...reminds me of a nail file...an emery board...sorry... How about Emmy Michelle...it is close...but feminine? Or Emma and he can call her Emmy or whatever..lol

I love Waylon, that was on my list too...and Braxton.

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 07:45 PM   #8
crazyda79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I like Emery Michelle Or Emersyn (Emersen, Emmerson, etc) is another name you can usse and have Emery as a nn. Just suggestions

I actually like Waylon. I heard it at the dr office Tuesday night and liked it. The boy was about 3 so it wasn't like it was on an old man Good luck mama!
Old 11-09-2006, 08:19 PM   #9
Timetodance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I knew a girl Emery growing up, but I can't remember how she spelled it. I never thought it was strange.
Timetodance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 01:11 AM   #10
Jordan~&~Jenna's~mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I honestly don't like either much, but it's your choice ... I think Emery is so much more girly and pretty if you add an "L" like "Emerly" so that's my unique vote

As for a boy... I just can't get the thought of a harmonica playing country singer out of my head either. I do like Tanner though. I also like Eli, but to make it more masculine I'd probably spell it "Eligh" or something like that. So there ya go... my votes would be "Emerly Michelle" and "Eligh Tanner"