Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-09-2006, 03:44 PM   #1
Jekky
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
my $1400 washing machine is BROKEN

We've been having "FO2" (drain probs) with our 8 month old Kenmore HE4T
for the past couple of weeks. Sometimes we tried to take the hose off and let it drain in the sink, but then the machine would say "SUD" damned thing -
QUIT TALKING TOO ME! I called the Sears repair centre and tried everything they said, but it was still doing it. They can't get out until next tuesday!!! So we are in sposies for the moment. My DS is so confused. He keeps asking for the "blue one" or "green one" and I have to tell him "It'll have to be Elmo today, sorry", not to mention the rash we have to keep up on
*update my machine is fixed......see my rant, page down!

Advertisement

Last edited by Jekky; 11-15-2006 at 08:49 PM. Reason: UPDATE
Jekky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 03:58 PM   #2
supermomelisa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: my $1400 washing machine is BROKEN

That STINKS!!! We have a kenmore HE washer too, and I DO NOT reccommned them! I will never buy a kenmore again!
Hang in there Mama!
Old 11-09-2006, 05:58 PM   #3
PeanutButt
Registered Users

i have one and i pray every night that it will break.

i want a new one. i HATE it.

i am sorry that yours broke though! want to trade? I'll give mine that's working and you give me yours. That way I can convince Chris that we need a new one.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:10 PM   #4
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:

wow...with all the problems I've read about HE machines it makes me wonder if they're worth it. I am so sorry you're having to endure this. I do love Kenmore though. My washer is five years old now and it's a Kenmore. I did have to have Sears come out to fix the pump and put the basket back on the spinner basket... but after four military moves, I expect things to kinda get bumped around. But it works great now! Hang in there and I hope Tuesday comes faster than you think for ya!!!
Old 11-09-2006, 06:45 PM   #5
FancifulFanny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sorry about that. I'd want to smack the thing if it kept talking at me.

We have a Frigidaire front loader and every once and a while I have to take it apart and pull something out of the drain in it. This week it was change. The drain is positioned the only place it can be but it's not a great place so I learned to fix it myself - saves me a hundred bucks for the guy to come out and provide me with a new clamp.
FancifulFanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 06:55 PM   #6
BooBooKisses Momma
Banned
seller

ooohhhh......................when I saw the ads for those how it says they sanitize cloth dipes I said to hubby I want one. I'm glad it was waaaaayyyyy out of our budget because I can't imagine paying that much for something that works so terribly.

*hugs to you*
BooBooKisses Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 11:16 PM   #7
Jekky
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

well I am still waiting for tuesday and in the meantime my $1000 stove (KENMORE TOO) broke!!!!!!!!! What is going on???
It was just the handle that fell right off and it is evident that they didn't put in long enough screws to hold on the handle. We bought the stove in April and no one has ever pulled forcefully or hung on it. I'll be calling the warantee ppl for an extra long appointment on tuesday!!!!
Old 11-13-2006, 05:33 AM   #8
davesaysimaturd
Registered Users

Smile Re: my $1400 washing machine is BROKEN

I have an LG HE and we love it. Best washer ever. IMO.
davesaysimaturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 06:14 AM   #9
bsydprmkn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i have heard awful just awful things about kenmore lately. especially about their warranty repair people. im sorry you have to go through this
Old 11-15-2006, 08:57 PM   #10
Jekky
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I want to clarify - I DO love my washing maching when it is working!
I have never had probs before with any of my kenmore appliances (which I have had 5 of for 10 yrs). I guess they just don't make things like they used to! Just like the PP was saying she heard "horrible things about the warranty repair" YA~ they just changed their warrantee sysytem.
Basically they say they only cover "manufacturers defects" when it used to be a "bumper to bumper" system. SO my washer got a baby washcloth stuck in the pump and it's my fault!!!???!!! I don't overload the machine how can you it's :censored: huge.
Anyway the stove handle thing (falling off) apparently "they've never seen that before" - BUT they changed to a new handle so in 2 weeks I will get a new one installed. Also because I had the stove warranteed I was only charged labour, not a service call on my washer. It was $35 which I intend to fight once I get the bill. I know it's only $35, but a $1400 machine should not be eating up my laundry! (Oh so THAT"S where all the missing baby socks have gone to!)