Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-07-2008, 07:57 AM   #1
lam328
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Just curious, how many CDs do you own as an EC-er?

I am EC-ing for the 3rd time now with my 7 month old. With my first two children, I didn't really know about all the cool CDs out there so I only owned 2 or 3 basic things like a cover or training pants. Since I have discovered DS now I have a collection of about 7-8 various types of fluff that I use as back up because we have a big house and often I miss ds cues because I am running around after my 3yo or in the kitchen ,etc.

I love EC, but have to confess that I also love all the cool fluffy pants and things he can wear? So how many do you own and am I the only one hooked on cool fluff?

Advertisement

lam328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:01 AM   #2
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Just curious, how many CDs do you own as an EC-er?

we have a full stash ONLY bc with older dd i sold everything when she was 6 months except a few prefolds...then she got a stomach bug and i do not expect my mom or sister to EC my children so i need to have diapers for the rare ocassion when they are watching them...and they are so cute and cuddlyThat being said a full stash for younger dd is 18 fitteds and a bunch of prefolds left over from older dd. She also has a bunch of fleece longies and footies and wool longies and footies i made her but those are great for diaper free in a cold house also.
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:19 AM   #3
tsfairy
Registered Users
seller

For DS1 I had about 10 pockets, and various prefolds I used to stuff them with. Then we went to trainers.

For DS2 I had about 2 dozen prefolds and some wool covers (um, 3?) when he was teensy. When he got too wiggly for pfs I invested in about a dozen ME Sandys. I think I have a total of 15 Sandys now, plus 1 Swaddlebees pocket fitted which I LOVE, plus 2 dozen-ish various training pants - Gerbers, Bright Bots (only 4), Wee Essentials, and a few me-made. I stuff the SB with either a flannel doubler, or a preemie prefold, and I often add a velour wipe or a flannel doubler to the training pants for extra absorbency.

I want more training pants - especially side-snapping. Hopefully I can splurge a little soon.

Oh and I have a LOT of wool. We mostly go uncovered at home but we use wool shorts and pants almost exclusively. Definitely makes misses easier to deal with when out and about.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:08 PM   #4
Elsaraw
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

About a gazillion pockets. I keep a full stash because with every new development he completely loses interest in the potty for a little while.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:28 PM   #5
aikigypsy
Registered Users

We have 18 training pant/diapers (waterproof outer, absorbent/natural inner) with extra stuffers, maybe 18 prefolds in circulation, and a bunch of flats. From earlier phases, we had more prefolds and some wraps.

What we have is about a 4-day supply at our usual current use rate, though at our best they might have lasted a week... trouble is, it takes a bare minimum of 24 hours, usually longer, to dry them in this climate, so we're back to doing laundry every 2 days, 3 at most (once we went 5 days between loads of diapers. It was amazing.)
aikigypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:29 PM   #6
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

I started ECing when my DD was 11 months old. So I have a ton of diapers. I also got caught up buying cute fitted diapers and then I started sewing them myself! I have tons of diapers! We have recently moved on to training pants, but I have been a bit more lazy these last few days since I'm pregnant and dealing with morning sickness. Some days my DD really surprises me by telling me when she has to go multiple times in a row! But I have definitely gone back to diapers.