Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-04-2008, 10:03 AM   #1
mom2ari
Registered Users

My Mood:
how much food for a 7 mo old?

we have been doing food for about a month now. Just wondering if there are any reccomendations on how much to feed a 7 mo old. I have noticed she will eat more of the foods she likes. I have been doing purees in ice cube trays. how often and how many cubes do you feed a day? Do you bf first or after or both? thanks for your input!

Advertisement

Old 12-05-2008, 02:00 PM   #2
south5
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: how much food for a 7 mo old?

I also have a 7 month old. She nurses about every 4 hours, so I feed her baby food when its been 2 hours. I offer it 3 times a day. In the morning, she nurses at 6 and will go back to sleep until 8. So, about 8:45 I feed her cereal while the boys and I are eating. She will eat 1-2 cubes depending on what food it is. She loves any combo of bananas and also sweet potatoes. She wont eat more than 2 bites of anything green, except for avocado.
south5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:32 AM   #3
clb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: how much food for a 7 mo old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2ari View Post
we have been doing food for about a month now. Just wondering if there are any reccomendations on how much to feed a 7 mo old. I have noticed she will eat more of the foods she likes. I have been doing purees in ice cube trays. how often and how many cubes do you feed a day? Do you bf first or after or both? thanks for your input!
Just follow your lo's lead. I would always bf first (maybe an hour or so before offering solids) because you don't won't your little girl to fill up on less nutritious food, but after that, I would offer as much as she will eat.

My guy will be 8 months this week (oh my how time flies!). We do food cubes and offer them one or two times a day. I only warm them up one at a time since sometimes he doesn't want to eat them at all, but if he finishes it (peaches are a big hit) then I'll warm up another cube. We also do a cube or two of frozen homemade apple or pear sauce served in a mesh feeder to ease his teething discomfort. Sometimes he gobbles these up - sometimes he refuses them. Some days we don't do any solids at all. As long as your baby is allowed to nurse on demand they will always have the right amount to eat.
C- Proud mama to M (4/08). Loving wife to J. Excited about welcoming baby #2 into our APing, BWing, Non-Circing, Selective Vaxing, happy, hippy family in 03/11
clb is offline   Reply With Quote