Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-11-2008, 12:49 AM   #11
Sakari
Registered Users

Re: I give up - he just doesn't seem to care

hehehe - I just have to say, that was my first multi quote post and I'm so proud of myself for figuring it out! hehe

Advertisement

Sakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:49 AM   #12
2babiesndiaps
Banned

For diaper rash use lanolin on the bum and a bit of organic olive oil in the bath or on the bum. Both do great. We have some nakie time, but we only ec part time- mornings and more potty learning at age 2 and 4 months.
2babiesndiaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:47 AM   #13
dumaine
Registered Users

My DS just turned 2 and he goes through so many different mood swings about the potty. Just when I think he's a grad, he's on a total strike again! But what helps us is the use of different potties, sometimes going with him at the same time, or putting him in pants without a diaper or trainer; use a real thin non-waterproof trainer or underwear. That way the miss doesn't just end up on the floor, barely noticeable to them-it will end up all over his legs-thus making it more uncomfortable and maybe more inspiring to go in the potty!

ecaPants are patent pending
dumaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:17 PM   #14
MeCo7707
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicfrock View Post
and... What do you mean you wish you knew someone else who EC's?? What are we, spam? Seriously, you have tons of EC friends here and feel free to email me personally anytime.
Carrie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakari View Post
LOL! Ditto to that! but yeah, I wish I knew someone in real life too...
I didn't know anyone who did this, but now I know bunches - all because DD and I do it all my friends are starting to. It's kind of nice because 1. We are there when we need eachother and 2. have common mommy ground. Also my friends kind of treat me like an EC goddess which constantly cracks me up.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:38 PM   #15
Sakari
Registered Users

nice!! way to convert them hehe hmmm, in a good way, not as manipulative as that came out sounding.... LOL that would be nice being the EC goddess. I'll have to make a point of letting friends know what i'm doing with my lo when I constantly take her with me to the bathroom.... tho i think i also just need more real life friends with kids, period!
Old 12-12-2008, 11:02 AM   #16
tsfairy
Registered Users
seller

I WISH I could convert some friends. I did convert one, long ago. Her LO is around 3yo now and we haven't kept in touch.

Like I said, most of my friends CD (and it seems I'm pretty lucky to have that LOL) but nobody is especially interested in EC, even though they see us doing it. Maybe it's because DS is so uninterested - none of my friends see anything but me changing wet/poopy pants all the time!

Good news - we caught a pee this morning! Of course I had to let DS eat a cookie on the potty to get him to sit, but hey I'm not above a little bribery now and then.

Oh and his rash cleared up as soon as we stopped using the dipes. I don't know if there just wasn't enough airflow in them, or if he sat in a poop a little bit too long (they contain really well!) but we haven't had a problem since we've been back in trainers. Thanks for the tips though - hopefully I won't ever have to use them.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:51 AM   #17
Sakari
Registered Users

oh good! I'm glad his rash is gone. lol - yeah, when ECing is working for me, I'm a great advertisement...but when it's Not, I'm sure not good advertising! hehe
Old 12-13-2008, 07:30 AM   #18
MeCo7707
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I always try to approach it as - yes I miss - but I'd rather have a miss when she's four months old then fight hand and fist with her to potty train when she's two and clean up THAT mess. Particullarly after hearing the potty training stories about my sister - my parents even bought her a video to try to help her use the potty and in the beginning it said "everyone has a pee hole and a poop hole" my sister PITCHED A FIT screaming "I do NOT have a poop hole".....I would prefer just skipping that type of fight lol

SO at least your ds has been introduced to it - and so what if you have to give him a cookie. DD will sometimes get a bit antsy on the potty and I just give her a toy and she relaxes and goes and then off the potty she comes. If he takes a potty pause at least he knows and will come back to it - and considering you had a catch this morning HOORAY! Maybe he will come out of it sooner then you think
Old 12-13-2008, 07:51 AM   #19
mum2James&Julia
Registered Users
Formerly: mum2James&Bean
seller

My Mood:

I know your pain! My dd was a potty genius from 3 months up until about 13 months, then we all caught a stomach flu (and subsequent intestinal issues) and that was the end of that. It was just miss after miss, and only the occasional catch (maybe once a day or less!).

She's 19 months now and has FINALLY been communicating with me again regarding the potty. I had continued to take her to the potty a few times a day regardless, usually she doesn't do anything... like she's forgotten how to pee? If she has to poop she has no issues, she just goes. Now she actually come and tell me "poop" or "pee" and most often she's already gone in her diaper, but we have the occasional catch and I'm really happy with her progress!

I think she's ready again to get more serious and I'm thinking about putting her in training pants again soon and setting a timer to remind me to take her more frequently.

Anyway, it'll happen! Good luck!
Old 12-17-2008, 09:58 PM   #20
tsfairy
Registered Users
seller

I was looking at potty books at the store tonight - wondering, if DS sees Elmo on the potty will it inspire him? LOL

Amazingly we caught TWO pees today! Still haven't caught a poop in forever, but DS's rash is back so he spent some nakey time today. He managed to completely avoid pooping in his pants, and waited until he was bare-bummed to poop on the floor. Smart kid.