Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-11-2006, 10:38 PM   #11
mistylaureena
I saw Elvis. He sat between me and Bigfoot on the UFO
seller

My Mood:
Re: DH IS PISSED!!!!!

my dh said the same thing and I used exclusively a co-sleeper bassinet next to my bed until mikey was like 7 or 8 months old.....dh wanted him in his own crib and I said no way!! he was just too little and I didnt even try to put him in his own room until i felt he was ready....that was when i couldnt even go to bed and he would wake up....now he is such a great sleeper and I always always have my video camera monitor on him so I get to see him at all times....my dh laughs cuz mikeys bedroom is serioulsy like 3 feet away from where our bed is in our room.....but he's like "whatever makes mam happy"

You have to make the chose that you feel comfortable with cuz you never get that time back and you dont want to regret anything...ykwim???

Advertisement

Old 11-11-2006, 11:30 PM   #12
jillkuster
Registered Users
seller

OMG I'd be panicing.
My first husband did this with our daughter and luckily walked out on us a couple of days later.
I swear to god I still think about it all the time 12 years later.
What if he wouldn't have left and I would have had to deal with him refusing to let her sleep with me?
Thank God I trained my next guy right from the get go.
Actually......now that I think about it, dh sleeps on the couch that he put NEXT to our bed because there is never any room for him. We have Loo and Ezra in bed with us.....er....me everynight. I do miss him.........
Here's my advise, and I'm NOT religious.
I'd pray.
Sometimes it helps.
I'll pray for you, because I know what a big deal this is.
I'm sorry you're going through this.

Last edited by jillkuster; 11-11-2006 at 11:31 PM.
jillkuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 06:12 AM   #13
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzi Fannies Creations View Post
but serisouly.. does it help... do babies that always slept in thier cribs just stay in bed as toddlers???
Nope!!! My first slept in his room (w/o CIO or anything like that) and he still fusses. He'll be 3 in January.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:43 AM   #14
MamaMel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jls~Kain~Drake View Post
Nope!!! My first slept in his room (w/o CIO or anything like that) and he still fusses. He'll be 3 in January.
ITA Once my Son started sleeping through the night (which was very young) he slept in his own crib BUT once he was out of the crib he came to bed w/ me. He will not stay in his bed.

You need to do whats right w/ you and the baby. Tell your DH that IF he wants the baby in his/hers own crib then when the baby wakes up he goes and gets him/her and bring "it" to you. That shut my DH up real fast. Also say then when the baby is done nursing (assuming you will be nursing) he has to take the baby back to bed.
MamaMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 06:54 AM   #15
Kylie&Logan'sMommy
A Mommy's Work is Never Done
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I am sorry he is being like that! I didnt exactly co-sleep with my kids when they were 1st born, but they were both only 5 feet away from me at all times. Kylie slept in a pack n play right next to my bed (she hated the cradle) Logan slept in the cradle. Now logan sleeps in his crib, no cio, he just prefers to sleep there. He sleeps more soundly alone. Now my 2 1/2 wants me to sleep in her bed at night. My husband ususaly just sleeps where we are not. Like if I am in the bedroom he is in the livingroom, if I am in dd's room he is in our room. Sounds weird that I dont sleep wiht my dh, but it works here. My kids are happy, thats what matters to me
Old 11-12-2006, 07:39 AM   #16
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuAnn View Post
im sorry but there is NO WAY over my dead body that my newborn (any child) would cry theirselves to sleep I hope he will come to his scense SOON.

We did CIO (Ferber method) w/DD when she was 6 mo. old and I'll have to say that she did sleep through ever since then and is a great sleeper. Only when she's sick or was teething she woke up.
Now with DS I couldn't do the CIO anymore and just tried it a couple of times for like 10 mins until I caved in. It just broke my heart.. Not sure if that's the result but he still wakes up at night and in total from his 15.5 mo. of being with us he maybe slept 6-8 wks through completely..
That being said I also think a lot has to do with the child's character, some are good sleepers, some are not...

I'm sorry your DH is acting this way, Rachele. I'd def. do what YOU feel is right since it'll be YOU who's taking care most of the time of your baby. It's more your business than it's his, kwim?
Old 11-12-2006, 08:01 AM   #17
huggerwocky
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Let him sulk then, I'd never kick my baby out of bed for a man

Seriously, he'll get over it.

I'm also breastfeeding and it's just the most convinient thing to do not to mention the cuddle factor
huggerwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 08:03 AM   #18
huggerwocky
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandjess99 View Post
Perhaps you could give him some info, a description of just what CIO does to a child emotionally, the irreversible brain damage/trauma that it causes, and how it will literally cause the child emotional problems for life.....I'm assuming he's not actually an evil person, he just wants some time alone, an "easier" baby, etc, right? I'm sure if he knew how bad it really is he would be more understanding.....
My husband loves co-sleeping because it makes the baby "easy". She doesn't cry, I just roll over when she gruntles,latch her on, done. Twice a night since birth. No sleepless nights like his friends had...he gets the " you look so well rested for having a newborn" a lot.
huggerwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 11:39 AM   #19
kezoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzi Fannies Creations View Post
he is just mad becuase he says if we do it this way now that we wont have problems later getting him/her to sleep in his/her own bed... dd2 still cries at night..and shes almost 3.. but serisouly.. does it help... do babies that always slept in thier cribs just stay in bed as toddlers???
Well, I don't think what you do has as much effect as their individual personality does. We did the same thing w/ our two: bassinet next to the bed as a newborn (as co-sleep as needed), move to crib in their own room around 3-4 months (still bringing them back to our bed as needed for nursing)...and Gavin is an awesome sleeper (started sleeping through around 3 months, never gets up in the middle of the night, etc.) while Claire is a terrible sleeper (at 9 months she was waking up every 1.5 hours) and now at 17 months, she *usually* sleeps all night, but occasionally wakes up once/night for a nursing session. You just need to follow your heart & your instincts.
kezoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 11:56 AM   #20
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitMommyOf2 View Post

We did CIO (Ferber method) w/DD when she was 6 mo. old and I'll have to say that she did sleep through ever since then and is a great sleeper. Only when she's sick or was teething she woke up.
I did some what of the Ferber method with my DD when she was 10 mo old. It took me hours to get her to sleep some nights so I read up on that and made it my own little "method" and it worked great. She sleeps through the night now, BUT - I'd never ever in a million years make my NB CIO or even a small infant. At that stage she/he doesnt even know shes not apart of you anymore. KWIM? Babies that young are aboslultey crying for a reason! Hungry, wet, cold, hot, poopy, gassy. The list is endless.