Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-12-2006, 11:58 AM   #21
sewingmama2005
Banned
seller

Re: DH IS PISSED!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzi Fannies Creations View Post
do babies that always slept in thier cribs just stay in bed as toddlers???
No, our older dd slept on her own in a crib from about 9 mos until almost 2....at that point cutting molars she started waking in the middle of the night and screaming until she came to bed with us. Getting her to sleep in her own bed from birth would NOT have prevented this. To this day at almost 5 she still sleeps in our room, only not in the bed, she makes a little bed in the floor almost every night and refuses to sleep in her room. I don't blame her, I don't like sleeping alone either, so why should I make her???

Advertisement

sewingmama2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 12:24 PM   #22
Irishmommy
Registered Users
seller

We put my ds in a crib in our room until I felt comfortable with him being upstairs alone. He has NEVER been a good sleeper and OH how I wish I had co-slept with him. I would have gotten so much more sleep. With DD we co-slept after she had to stop sleeping in her car seat (she had reflux and had to be upright), she shortly moved to a futon in her room where I lay down with her at night until she falls asleep. Now at 15 months she sleeps most nights through, unlike my 5 year old!!!!! So, I think that it really just depends on your child whether they will be a good sleeper or not.
Irishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 12:36 PM   #23
Timetodance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
do babies that always slept in thier cribs just stay in bed as toddlers???
DD always slept in her own bed. A co sleeper for the first 6 mo next to my side of the bed, and then in her own crib in her room. She slept much better once she was in her own room. She is VERY social and everytime she woke up she wanted to play. She would nurse for a minute literaly and then be like "hi mom watsup? Wanna talk?" After she went in her own room she started to sleep through the night, because she would wake up, fuss for a minute, roll over and fall back asleep. She loves her crib, so cozy and comfy and hers. She has never tired to climb out.....yet.

DH also take sleep medication every night so I was not comfotrable having her in the bed with us. It is not a good idea if either parent takes sleep meds.
Timetodance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:15 PM   #24
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Thats already a given.. I got the boot with dd2 when she was born... so we already have a bed in the new babies room and I will be in there come April when baby is here... not like he will even notice either way.. he is just mad becuase he says if we do it this way now that we wont have problems later getting him/her to sleep in his/her own bed... dd2 still cries at night..and shes almost 3.. but serisouly.. does it help... do babies that always slept in thier cribs just stay in bed as toddlers???

It's funny because DH wanted miranda in our bed and I didn't. lol I kick and push and hit in my sleep, I'm not going to damage any child doing so because she's in my bed, hell, my husband gets damaged enough. lol

She's slept in her crib since 3 weeks on, and also started sleeping though the night the same night. After no sleep for 3 weeks (besides 20 minutes here, and twenty minutes there) It was wonderful. she's a exellent sleeper now, and doesn't wake up in the night unless something is very wrong. the last time she was up in the middle of the night was because of a horrible bloody rash she had on her butt.

Cosleeping sounds great to me somedays, but others I know my child wouldn't be sleeping this well, which means none of us would. It works for some, not for us.

Compomise is the name of the game here though. You might have to give a little to get a little, but you aren't the only one, he will too. Hope things get figured out before april.
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:20 PM   #25
Fuzzi Fannies Creations
Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers
seller

My Mood:

Wow.. yeah Its not for everyone.. but I sleep better with my babies.. wtih dd2 I slept on my back all night except for when she nursed.. and every slight move I was up.. and I loved it!!!! Dh always worried hed roll on her.. hes a heavy sleeper!!

DH actually woke up this morning and was in a super good mood.. I think he got over it.. at least for this fight.. I am gonna get a co-sleeper.. Arms reach one) and use that too...

Thanks for all the advice girls!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn5388 View Post
It's funny because DH wanted miranda in our bed and I didn't. lol I kick and push and hit in my sleep, I'm not going to damage any child doing so because she's in my bed, hell, my husband gets damaged enough. lol

She's slept in her crib since 3 weeks on, and also started sleeping though the night the same night. After no sleep for 3 weeks (besides 20 minutes here, and twenty minutes there) It was wonderful. she's a exellent sleeper now, and doesn't wake up in the night unless something is very wrong. the last time she was up in the middle of the night was because of a horrible bloody rash she had on her butt.

Cosleeping sounds great to me somedays, but others I know my child wouldn't be sleeping this well, which means none of us would. It works for some, not for us.

Compomise is the name of the game here though. You might have to give a little to get a little, but you aren't the only one, he will too. Hope things get figured out before april.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:27 PM   #26
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

I'm sorry he is so upset about this. Some men have a harder time with co-sleeping because they feel the baby is creeping in on the marriage territory. Maybe once you both cool down, you can talk to him and ask him why is he so against co-sleeping and how you can compramise with him. I don't agree with CIO, especially not for newborns

I hope you can work it out!
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:12 PM   #27
a_cthelen
My cat's breath smells like cat food
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandjess99 View Post
Perhaps you could give him some info, a description of just what CIO does to a child emotionally, the irreversible brain damage/trauma that it causes, and how it will literally cause the child emotional problems for life.....I'm assuming he's not actually an evil person, he just wants some time alone, an "easier" baby, etc, right? I'm sure if he knew how bad it really is he would be more understanding.....
Have him read some information from Dr. Sears. My good friend is a psychologist and gave me a lot of research on the effects of CIO and not co-sleeping. It's scary and sad I hope he will listed and or read the information if you can find some. You need to do what's best for you and your newborn.

Wool for Sale: http://hyenacart.com/Spots_corner/index.php?u=6698
a_cthelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:44 AM   #28
Severine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DH is anti-cosleeping and fairly anti-AP, too, so I understand. The closest we got to cosleeping last time was an Arm's Reach mini cosleeper. But I've already warned him that if the next one so chooses, s/he will be sharing our bed!

Good luck, mama!
Severine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:51 AM   #29
Kelolsen-and-Padawan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

sorry this is happening

Last edited by Kelolsen-and-Padawan; 11-13-2006 at 07:53 AM.
Kelolsen-and-Padawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:54 AM   #30
Fuzzi Fannies Creations
Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelolsen-and-Padawan View Post
I may get flamed for saying this, but these are serious things (how you will raise baby) and shouldn't they be discussed beforehand? I know H and I hashed out all the things we wanted to do/not do,etc before we even TTC. If he wasn't on board w/ Cosleeping and you were - well, I could see how it could cause major problems. If one wants to cosleep and the other doesn't it could cause a major rift in the marriage. Maybe I"m overstepping mybounds but my first thought when I read the OP was, "Well, why didn't they figure this out long before?"
Well.. he never said anything before.. both my dd's co-slept till after 2 years.. and around 2.5 I moved them to thier beds.. he just out of the blue decided this one is different! I had thoguht we both agreed that I would move into a bed in the babies room once s/he is here.. never thougth there was a problem there!??